Chapter 4

Forgotten love

"Miss Park, we are very sorry, but you have Ttuberculosis."

I daze in and out of reality as it finally hits me. I'm scared and I don't know much about TB, only that it's very serious.

"We do not have the correct equipment to treat you here, however, we would like to talk over some options with your carer."

I sigh as he leaves the room to call my sister into the room. I grab a drink and notice the door open. I'm shocked as I see Tao and Baekhyun stroll in, their faces filled with shock and sadness.

"What are you doing here?" I ask calmly.

"Jae, we are the ones that called the ambulance, we're really worried about you and we want you to know that we're here for you no matter what"

I smile at them and ask them to leave as I have an important meeting with the doctors. Just as they leave my sister walks in with the doctor trailing behind.

"Now that your guardian is here, I would like to continue our discussion, Miss Park. As I have told you, treatment is not available in this country, however it is available to you in America. We would like to send you to California to recieve the correct treatment. This means that you would continue your studies in America, this is only for a year and a half as your treatment should end by then. Please talk through your options with your sister."

Before I get a chance to say anything, my sister speaks up. 

*2 weeks later*

"Jae get your suitcase, we're going!" I hear my sister screech from downstairs.

As we make our way to the airport, I can't help but think of Chanyeol. I miss him. I miss him a lot, and now I'm leaving and I don't get to say goodbye. I really hope my treatment goes well.

"He left you for Krystal" I hear my sister say. "I know you're thinking about him Jae, just forget it and move on. There are plenty of good looking guys in America." I know shes right.

*Kris POV*

"I need you to come back home in two days. I've booked your flight and the tickets should be with you tomorrow. I'm sorry it had to come to this, but your mother needs you."

I'm shocked. My mom is in hospital in America and I need to go back. It'll be hard but I need to tell the guys. I text them and tell them to meet me at the restaurant we love.

*Tao POV*

"Yo Kai, why do you think Kris called us all to meet? He's usually against meeting up together" I ask quietly.

Kai just shruggs his shoulders and Suho smiles at me.

"Who knows? It's got to be something important though." He says in a stern tone.

As we arrive at the restaurant, I notice Kris doesn't seem like himself. We all walk in and take a seat, waiting for Kris to say something.

"Shall we order some food?" Baekhyun asks.

We all nod and order the same thing as always. As we finish eating, Sehun speaks up.

"Jeez guys, it's not like someone's mom just died, lighten up." Sehun doesn't see anything wrong with what he said, and neither does anyone else until Kris speaks up.

"I asked you all to meet me here because I'm leaving for America in two days." He starts.

Kris is my best friend, I feel upset and somewhat angry. 

I don't want him to leave, so I speak up. "Are you kidding me Yi Fan? You've only just come back and you want to leave us again? How selfish of you!" I screech as I stand up and walk away. I hear him shouting my name as I storm out of the restaurant.

*Chanyeol POV*

"Why are you leaving Kris?" I ask.

"My mom has been diagnosed with TB and I need to be with her through the process. I'll be back in a year, please wait for me. Tell Tao I'm sorry and that I understand if he doesn't forgive me." He replies.

After a few hours, we all leave the restaurant and go home with heavy hearts.