Uncle

The return of love bites and y growls (Sequel to TWF!)

Jongin held onto me and kept asking whether I would be okay. Of course I would, since I was the one who came up with the idea. The boys were against it at first, but I tried to reason out and explain. 

"You really sure you want to do this?" Suho asked. 

"Yes, Suho. I will be alright, don't worry. I'll get the key for you guys." I reassured Suho, who didn't, at all, look comforted. 

"Jongin, make sure she doesn't leave your sight. Hold onto her tight during the journey. Get the key as fast as possible and we can move on." Kris pointed out and Jongin nodded. 

"I can't believe I'll be teleporting!" I started getting excited, which made some of the guys laugh. 

See, I figured out where the snow globe is. It is with my uncle which lives in Cairo, Egypt. He was the only one, besides me, who was by my grandmother when she was dying. I didn't know when my grandmother gave him the snow globe, but I am sure it is with him. Therefore, I had to travel to Cairo. But the vampires need the key so badly that flying there will take a long time. We thought for awhile, and then, I remembered that Jongin has teleporting powers. 

So that's how I got myself to here. 

"Do no move at all when we are teleporting. And please hold me tight, okay?" Jongin looked so worried I had to tighten my grip around his arm. 

"By the count three." Baekhyun said. "One..." Oh my god. "Two..." I never knew I would be able to teleport! "Three!"

A black area started to surround me. I had to blink my eyes a few times to get used to the place around me. I felt woozy as I looked around. Nothing. Just. Plain. Black. I was floating round and round in slow motion. The blackness around me and the silence killed me. I felt like throwing up. I could feel Jongin beside me, but I couldn't see him. It's like as if my eyes was being blinded by a cloth. All of a sudden, my eyes started to get heavy and my limbs were getting weak. I could feel my heartbeat lessen by a few beats and my brain not working anymore. In the next minute, I was knocked out. 

I didn't know what happened, but a sudden force hit my back and my eyes opened wide. I had to cover my eyes due to sunlight. I could hear someone calling me by my side, but I couldn’t decipher the voice, I couldn’t remember where I was, what I was doing and why I was on the floor. I was like a baby. I knew nothing. But that was only for a minute. My memories and thoughts zoomed back into my head in an instant. It hurt. It felt like a rocket landing wrongly onto the moon. Like a car crash. Bam.

“Hyojung! Hyojung-ah!” Someone kept shaking me, and I looked up..

“Jongin?” I coughed and sat up, which I regretted doing because my body was in so much pain.

I groaned in pain and lied back down to lessen the pain. Jongin held onto me and called me to get up to stretch my bones. I didn’t want to, because I know how much it would hurt. I don’t even know how I got hurt!

“Come on, get up!” Jongin patted my shoulder.

“What happened?” I asked him.

“You fell before I could catch you.” Jongin sighed and carried me bridal style.

“Where are we?” I asked again as I looked around.

“We are in Cairo, in someone’s backyard. We should get out before the owner of this house finds out we’re in here.” Jongin kept his gaze low and ran out of the backyard with incredible speed.

We were in the city, that I was sure. The streets were bustling with people and the stalls were all open. The roads were filled with cars and the day was filled. I never knew Cairo would be so full of people. I’ve never been to Cairo, so I don’t know anybody or anything, well, except for my uncle, of course. But I don’t know where he lives.

“I think you can put me down now.” I told Jongin.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Jongin asked me.

“Yes!” I chuckled and he put me down slowly.

My body reacted quick, and I could feel my legs turning to jelly. But like they say, mind over matter. I forced myself to stand straight as I stretched my arms over my head. I heard some relaxing cracks and it felt like my body finally received blood. Like as if there was a rush in my body. I was alright again. 

"You're weird." Jongin looked up and down at me. 

"what?" I glared at him with curiosity. 

"You fell from a high point and yet you can still stand. Usually, humans would break half of their bones due to the impact." Jongin explained. "I don't know how come you're not affected. I can hear your bones working fine." 

"Maybe because there was grass?" I tried, remembering that I fell in a backyard. 

"No..." Jongin shook his head. "That doesn't matter. Come on, let's go find your uncle."

That was when it hit me. We were in Cairo to find my uncle. That would be easy- if I know where he lives! To make it worse, I don't know his name! I only recognize his face. In the hospital when he took care of my grandmother with me beside him, he would always ask me to call him uncle Fee, and I'm pretty sure that does not exist. 

I looked around me and wished to find my uncle's face. Or maybe I should walk around and knock on all doors. Either way, It would be hard and tiring. I need the key fast and quick so that the vampires and werewolves can open the door to my grandmother's house. 

"Hyojung!" I snapped my head to the call and looked at Jongin. 

"Y-yes?"

"Come on, let's go!" Jongin grabbed my wrist. "We have to be fast!" 

"But..." I bit my bottom lip and looked down. "I don't know where he lives." 

"What?" Jongin stared at me. "But he is your uncle--"

"That I have not met in ten years. How do you expect me to know he will be living in Cairo?" I stopped Jongin and explained. "He didn't even give me his real name!" 

"How are we going to find him then?" Jongin sighed and pulled me close. 

The weather was really hot in Cairo, so I was a big uncomfortable coming in contact with Jongin, but since he pulled me, I don't want him to be offended or something. I leaned close to him and looked around. I suddenly felt nauseous. Maybe because it was a very noisy road and the sunlight was not helping me. The feeling of puking was bothering me. A headache filled my brain and I shut my eyes to control the pain. Instead, a buzzing sound entered my ears and it got to the point I had to squat. An arm cupped my shoulders, which I assumed was jongin's. I couldn't hear anything else except for that painful buzz. But, like how it appeared, it disappeared slowly as it faded out. There was a short silence before a familiar voice takes over my hearing sense. 

It was in a foreign language, Cairo's language, I guess. The voice was deep and playful. It has the tint of happiness that painted the whole voice. This voice, this is the voice. This is the voice that talked to me when I was crying, which instructed me to help, which cooed me to sleep. This is the voice that loved me. This is the voice. My uncle's voice. 

"Unlcle Fee..." I managed to say. 

The voice softened as I got up and opened my eyes. Jongin was in front of me, his eyes filled with worry. I smiled, telling him that everything was alright. He disagreed and asked me, over and over again, why I acted like that. I didn't answer him. Instead, I tried to focus where the voice was coming from. I closed my right ear, the voice got really soft, almost like a whisper. I close my left ear this time, which was louder than closing my right ear. I assumed my uncle was at the left side. 

"Jongin..."

"Yes?"

"I think we are getting close to my uncle." I voiced out and took a tiny step to the left. 

"Hyojung, what are you talking about?" Jongin held onto my arm, but I gently pulled away. 

"Just... Follow me." I told him and took a big step to the left. 

Instantly, the voice got loud in my brain. I smiled, knowing I was getting warmer and warmer to my answer. Jongin obediently followed my footsteps. With every step I take, the voice gets louder in my head. I was feeling excited, nervous and scared. What if he forgot who I was? Since I grew up? What if he thinks I'm just a stranger acting as his niece? 

All of a sudden, the voice was gone in my head. I gasped and looked around me. Where did the voice go?! I was so close to my answer! Where did it go? Why did it leave me? I need it! I need it to find my uncle! 

"Excuse me... Can I help you?" That voice. 

It was not in my head anymore. It was flowing with the atmosphere. I looked up, and the memories flew into my brain like a missile. Tears emerged in my eyes as I stared at the lovely, soft face. I finally found him. 

"M-miss... Hello?" My uncle waved his hands in front of my face. 

"Uncle Fee..." I whispered. "Do you remember me?"

"I'm sorry, but who are you?"

 

"If grandma ever asked you who you are, raise your arm and her arm. Show the birthmark that you have." 

"And then?"

"Tell her that you have the same birthmark as hers." 

 

A tear fell as I raised my arm and pointed right below my elbow. His eyes widened, as he scanned my birthmark. I knew, right there and then, that he remembered me. His arms opened, and I ran into it. The feeling was still the same. The way he pushes my head onto his shoulder, the warmth and the love. I never knew I would miss my uncle so much. Even though we only met for three months, he meant so much to me. He was like... Like my father. 

"Hyojung..." Uncle Fee pulled away and brushed my hair with his fingers. "You grew so much."

"Of course I did, uncle. It has been years." I chuckled. 

"Anyway... What brings you here?"

"We need the snow globe." Jongin, who I had forgotten for a minute, answered for me. 

 

~~~~~*~~~~~

 

The house was warm and cozy, just like my grandma's back then. Uncle had invited Jongin and I to have some tea. Uncle said he wanted to give me the snow globe before he left to live in Cairo, but my grandmother only allowed him to give it to me when I'm eighteen, which I don't get why. Since Cairo and Korea is so far away and he does not know where I live, uncle couldn't give it to me in any way possible. 

 

"How many cubes of sugar?" Uncle asked me. 

"Two for the both of us." I replied. 

"Oh, anyways, who is this guy? Your boyfriend?" Uncle asked as Jongin drank some tea. 

Instantly, he spat the tea out and dirtied the floor as he coughed over and over. I rubbed his back and panicked as he put the cup down and breathed. 

"We are not dating, sir." Jongin pointed out as he wiped his mouth with tissue. "I am uh... Her friend."

“Just friends?” Uncle questioned.

“Uncle, do you know about grandma?” I interrupted the conversation to no cause any misunderstanding.

“Grandma? Well… what do you mean?”

“Do you know that she’s a vampire?” I questioned blatantly and uncle stared at me like I was some ghost.

“H-how did you-you know?” Uncle stuttered as he put his cup of tea down. “Did grandma tell you?”

“No, she didn’t, not at all.” I sighed and explained how I knew the secret, starting from how I met the vampires and werewolves.

Uncle’s face was filled with pure shock as I told him the story. It looked like he couldn’t believe it. Well, maybe if someone were to tell me that story without me experiencing it, it would be hard for me to take it in as well. Only that, I’ve experienced it, so I know how it feels to be living with guys who eat humans and guys who drink blood.

“So, you… know?” Uncle sighed.

“Sir, we need the snow globe quick, so that we can save the planet.” Jongin butted in and stood up. “Please sir, we need to hurry.”

“Are you a werewolf or vampire?”

“Werewolf, sir.” Jongin replied.

I stared at uncle as he didn’t move at all. Maybe he was frightened of Jongin, or maybe he was paralyzed with surprise. I used my elbow to nudge uncle Fee softly, and he turned to me. His hazel eyes looked down and he released a deep sigh before he got off the couch.

“Follow me.” was the only words he said before he walked off.

Jongin held onto me as we imitated the footsteps my uncle made. Even though he is old, he looked healthy. His walking is still straight. He could pass off as a thirty year old if it weren’t for his graying hair. we trudged up the stairs and headed to the room at the end of the corridor.

“The snow globe is in here. This is my son’s bedroom. He might still be asleep, so please be quiet.” Uncle informed me and I nodded my head.

“Why is the snow globe with your son?” Jongin asked.

“I placed it in his room because there’s no space in my room.”

“On the count of three, Jongin.” I patted his shoulder, counted to three and softly opened the door.

Darkness engulfed Jongin and I. I admit, I couldn’t see anything. It was plain black. Just like before, when I had to teleport to Cairo. Fortunately, I had Jongin beside me who used his night vision (he was born with it, well, since he is a werewolf) to lead me to the snow globe.

“I found it!” Jongin whispered happily and I could hear his hand swishing around a table, I assumed. “Got it!”

“Come on; let’s get out before my cousin wakes up.” I said and Jongin pulled me.

“Noona?” Shoot. Too late. 

 

 

 

 

*****
 I EFFING MISS YOU GUYS 
ASDFGHJKL i am so sorry I am so inactive

I was busy last week ;_; I could upload this week 

This chapter is a little longer so I reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyy hope you guys like it

Please read well and comment xx

 

((RANDOM BUT COMMENT DOWN BELOW YOUR FAVOURITE YOUTUBER! PLEAAAAASE))

Remember I love you all xx