Present: Different Sides

Define Neverland
Please log in to read the full chapter
2014: THE SAME (DAMN) COIN

 

On this side…

Juniel distinctly remembered finishing her goodbye stage and was trotting off, head in space, to the restroom. She didn't actually need to use the restroom, she only wanted to get away from the waiting room which she fatefully shared with Girl's Day. The restroom would be a good hiding place. Juniel was sure she wasn't needed until the very end for the stage ensemble. She could hide in there, as long as she kept track of time.

Though, it would be quite difficult without a–

That was all she remembered before the next moment, she found herself dowsed with a hose, in cold water, soaked from head to toe. Juniel scrunched her eyes shut at the impact, letting out a gasp and in turn allowing some of the freezing water to get into . Standing stiff still, she coughed and spluttered, snapping her eyes open when she heard girlish voices.

They were laughing.

There, in front of her, stood Minah who, without doubt, had dropped the water hose onto the restroom tiles. It turned off and curled around, hissing like a poisonous snake, content after having its meal.

Juniel was shocked, as she looked from the hose back to the girl in front of her. Beside her stood Yura and Sojin, she distinctly recalled them from the elevator. One of them was missing, not that she had time to care.

"Whoops," giggled Minah. "You were on fire back there, with your guitar and everything."

Yura laughed at the immature taunt, and Sojin merely grinned. Juniel stood there stiffly, stared at them as they brushed past her, one of them accidentally stepped on her foot as they walked out of the restroom and out of sight. Juniel wasn't so sure if that was accidental, but she thought it didn't really matter.

She was soaking wet and she was cold. Morbidly, in the back of her mind, she thought they were at least kind enough to let her finish her stage before ruining her outfit.


 

 

Meanwhile…

Zelo was annoyed.

No, he was extremely upset.

This was all because of the frigging rectangular machine that robbed his coins.

Darn it.

"You !" he cursed at that stupid inanimate thing heatedly. His foot itched with the need to give it a kick.

He wouldn't, of course. Even though he'd love to, Zelo knew better than to do so. The endless list of forbidden things, angrily scrawled by Yongguk, Himchan and Youngjae, flashed through his mind, red and demanding.

Zelo was not allowed to cause violence to inanimate nor animate objects. Believe him, he had tried to argue his way out of it. He really did. But it was all in vain and now his foot was itching to give this stupid vending machine a deserved lesson for pinching somebody's coins.

In his point of view, he totally believed that hurting it was completely justified. It was not right to steal. Especially not from a furious, brooding, grudge-holding teenage rebellion.

"Ughh!" groaned Zelo, giving the machine a friendly (bruising) pat (bang) on its face.

And then he stalked off.

 

Zelo tried to control his temper as he left the shabby looking lounge of the broadcasting station. The hallway was not deserted and he had to be on his best behaviour. He tried to take his mind off of that ridiculously long list of banned actions shoved upon him earlier this morning. This was the worst case scenario for a young man who happened to have a vivid memory. Zelo could pretend not to remember a few things on there, but he could not lie if he was ever caught. Yongguk would look right through him and so would Youngjae.

"Hi!" a girly voice popped out of nowhere, and later came a pretty face caked in makeup.

Zelo spun around to his right, eyes still holding all his rage for the darn vending machine.

"What?" he snapped.

The girl looked taken aback, and took a hesitant step backwards.

He cursed under his breath and cleared his throat, straightening himself.

"I mean, yes? Can I help you?" he said between his teeth, forming a stiff smile.

The girl had short brown hair and the nose that screamed plastic. She offered him a friendly smile and rocked back and forth on her heels. Her outfit was red and her hands were clasped behind her back, as she glanced around the corridor. It was littered with a few artists and broadcasting crews, and Zelo itched to promptly return to his waiting room already.

"I'm Hyeri. From Girl's Day?" she said in this sweet tone that made him feel like he should know who she was. However, he did not. "I was wondering, if me and my group could–"

"'My group and I'," corrected Zelo on instinct and at the startled look on Hyeri's face, he cleared his throat again, looking away. In a strained tone he said, "Never mind. What was it you were saying?"

"Oh um, are you and your band busy? We'd like to come introduce ourselves but we don't want to um," she pressed her lips together in this cute way that stirred a long suppressed memory in the very back of Zelo's head. He shoved it away. "Disturb you."

He tried to take in her words so that it would make sense, dragging himself back to the situation at hand.

"How about after our recording?" he said briskly, wanting to get away. "I don't think the others will be as busy then."

Hyeri's eyes sparkled and she did this little unconscious hop on the spot, smiling charmingly. "Sure! We'll come by later!" and she was off and gone (for good, Zelo hoped).

In the corner of his eyes, to his right, a long way back at the shabby lounge he had left earlier, Zelo saw a white figure—or its shadow—flashed and then vanished. He blinked and stared a little bit longer, not quite sure if he was imagining things. Then a group of teenage boys, dressed in stage outfits, appeared out of the corner that hosted a collection of elevators. They were busy talking as they nonchalantly whisked passed the lounge (towards their waiting room, Zelo supposed) without a glance.

So he shrugged, spinning around and barged inside his own waiting room, where the other members were about to leave for the recording. They tugged the youngest member along with them before Zelo could even step inside.


 

 

In between Zelo’s confrontation with the Vending Machine and BAP’s stage…

Shaking the water off of herself as well as she could, Juniel stomped out of the restroom where she deemed was no longer a safe hiding place. Gloomily, she made her way to the shabby looking lounge that nobody liked going into—not when there was a better lounge on the other wing of this floor.

That was when she heard cursing. But it wasn't the cursing that had frozen her on the spot.

It was the

Please log in to read the full chapter