What makes me sad

Rappers' Love

“Jungkook!” yelled Namjoon (Rap Mon) as he and the other members entered the dorm. He went into the bedroom to see Jungkook frantically moving about the room with a tooth brush in his mouth spraying cologne on himself and rubbing endless skin products on his face. Namjoon  noticed that Jungkook was dressed in a light blue shirt, black blazer and white pants. Not something that he would wear around the house

“are you going somewhere special kid?” asked Namjoon as he stood leaning on the doorway observing Jungkook as he rushed around the room.

“yea, just for some food.” he said nonchantly

“just food? with who?”

“a friend hyung.”

Namjoon giggled. “Our maknae has a girlfriend huh?”

Jungkook’s face turned red. “Aniyo hyung. Just a friend.”

“well she has really be special for Jungkook to dress like that.” Namjoon chuckled

Jungkook giggled. He opened his arms and spun around. “how do I look hyung? Do I look good?”

Namjoon put his finger on his chin and looked at Jungkook hard. He smiled and ruffled his hair.

“you look handsome kid.”

“ahhh, hyung, you’ll mess up my hair.” moaned Jungkook. Namjoon wished Jungkook good luck and he was out the door.

He hoped into the car he borrowed from his dad and drove to Arirang TV where Faye was doing her interview. He looked at his watch. 4:45. Faye wasn’t finishing till 6:30 but he wanted to be there early and ready to pick her up the minute she was done. He found a parking spot near the building entrance and so the waiting began.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

“Good work everyone!” said Faye as they wrapped up her interview for Arirang TV. after bowing and thanking some of the crew she walked to her dressing room and texted Jungkook.

Hey, I’m done.

Awesome. I’m in the parking lot.

 

Faye packed up her things and went to the parking lot to see Jungkook standing by the entrance. He smiled when he saw her and took her bags from her.

“it’s cold tonight. You shouldn’t be standing out in the cold like this Jungkook.”

Jungkook took off his blazer and wrapped around Faye who was wearing an armless dress.

“I should be saying that to you. Let’s get to the car before you get a cold.” He put his arm around her shoulder and walked her to the car.

Moments later, they parked in front of a restaurant.

“Okay let’s go.”

Faye looked at him,at the building and then back at him. “Aren’t kpop stars supposed to cover their faces before going in public? I don’t want you to be tangled in a scandal.” Said Faye

Jungkook smiled at her thoughtfulness and came out of the car and went around and opened her door. 

 

“Don’t worry; this restaurant makes sure to keep our dinners private. Plus, I wouldn’t mind being in a scandal with you, I’d be honored.” He chuckled. He helped her out of the car and they went into the restaurant.

 

 

While waiting for their food, they talked about lots of this like likes, dislikes, hobbies, pet peeves and even allergies. Finally after a short wait, their food was brought. Jungkook ordered them both steaks with rice and potatoes.

Faye was so hungry that when the food came was literally watering.

Faye’s POV

I was starving! I swear my stomach was eating itself. When I saw our food being brought to our table I could have screamed in joy. I would have but I didn’t want to risk Jungkook thinking I am a freaking weirdo.

When I took I bite of the steak however, it didn’t taste like how I expected. It  tasted… under done. When I sliced piece of it with my knife there was blood in the steak!! The chef obviously didn’t cook it right. I looked at Jungkook and he was watching me with a puzzled look on his face. I smiled and took a bite of the steak so that he wouldn’t worry. i guess I will just have to stomach this.”

Faye POV End

 

Ten minutes into the meal, Faye hardly touched her steak. Jungkook was sure that she would be almost finished since she complained how hungry she was on the way here. Was something wrong with the steak?

“Faye.”

“Yea Jungkook.”

Jungkook stared hard at her. “What’s wrong? Aren’t you hungry anymore?”

Faye blushed out of embarrassment. “Uhh, yea, I just don’t want to rush.”

Jungkook’s expression immediately turned hard. He knew she was lying to him. He could easily sense it.

“Faye, tell me the truth please.”

Faye started to shake. Jungkook turned from cutie to scary in one second. She didn’t dare try to lie again.

“To tell you the truth, my steak is a little under done

 “I’ll just take it back and have them bring you another.” He said as he started to raise his hand to call the waiter.

Faye held his hand down.

“Don’t worry. that will take long and i dont want the chef to fell bad. I can eat it. No problem.”

Jungkook leaned back in his chair and watched her. Faye slowly cut a piece of her steak and slowly put it in . Her facial expression was one of horror, revulsion, sickness, pain, sadness and fear all in one. Jungkook laughed to himself as she tried to chew the steak.

 

He sighed and leaned forward. He took Faye’s plate from her and gave her his. Faye looked at him confused.

 

“You should eat something. Hurry and eat.” He said as he placed her plate in front of him.

Faye gave him one of her cutest smiles and hurriedly ate his steak. He laughed at her as she finished the steak

“Just looking at you eat makes me feel so full. come on, lemme carry you home.”

 


“It isn’t anything special but this is what I call home in Korea.” said Faye as she punched in the code for her apartment. Her apartment was fairly large and cozy. It had a vintage rustic vibe to it that made it look like a relaxing dwelling.

“It’s nice.” Said Jungkook “wow is that a piano. It’s amazing!” 

“Yea, I play sometimes.” replied Faye

“Play something for me.” said Jungkook as he sat in her couch.

Faye POV

He asked me to play the piano for him and I was so nervous. I never played my piano for anyone before.  I asked him what he wanted me to play and he said Just One Day by BTS. Obviously. I play by ear so I knew the notes since I heard their songs on the radio all the time. Surprisingly I didn’t slip up but my hands were shaking like crazy. Thank God he couldn’t see them. 

Faye POV End

 

Faye ended the song beautiful earning a standing ovation from Jungkook.

“Bravo, Bravo!! You make the song sound really good. One more one more!!” yelled Jungkook

“Hahaha. Okay one more.  Faye Bang will now be playing her favorite song, Gravity by John Mayer. Listen well. Hope you enjoy.”

Faye started to play, her fingers skillfully moving on each note. she played this song so many times that it came like second nature to her. She even started to sing.

Jungkook was surprised. He knew she could rap but her singing voice was incredible. He walked up to the piano and observed her closer. Her eyes were closed. He watched as a tear slowly made its way down her smooth cheek. Her voice never quivered although tears stated to freely fall down her cheeks. Jungkook didn’t know what was making her cry but he wanted to comfort her. He sat next to her on the bench while she continued to sing and play and wrapped his arm around her.

“I’m really sorry. This song just reminds me of my parents” Faye said, wiping her eyes when she finished the song

“Do you miss them? You should go back to the U.S to visit them some time.”

“I wish.” She chuckled “They died in a car accident when I was fifteen. They were coming to pick me up from school when I got into a fight.

 

“I can’t believe you got into another fight at school. How many times do we have to be called Faye? Tell me.” yelled my Dad as we rode back home.

I stayed quiet in the back of the car as my parents continued to scream at me. It wasn’t my fault. They didn’t know the reason. They have no idea what happens to me. They don’t know how those kids punch and kick me, how they call me names and dump food on me, how they push my head in the toilet.  What those devil kids do to me every ing day!

Faye you can’t be doing this you know. They could get hurt. Those kids don’t deserve your behavior

Tears started to roll down my cheeks. They don’t deserve it? Yes they do. They deserve everything.

 

 

 

“You don’t understand.” I silently whispered

 

 

“Theo, she needs to see a therapist. She’s probably sick.”

“Okay, you’re right, I will find one as soon as possible. This needs to end now.”

 

 

“You don’t understand”

 

 

“Should we move her to a next school again?”

“Yea, she doesn’t have much here so moving her might help her make some. She could start over again.”

 

“YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND!” I screamed. They both were shocked byt my outburst. Tears poured down my face.

“ You always think I am the bad guy. You don’t understand anything. I ing hate you two. Just leave me alone!”

 

 

“My dad didn’t even notice that he was one the wrong lane and the truck that was coming right to us. Before he could react, we were hit. I was thrown out of the car but my parents had their seatbelts on. They didn’t have a chance. The truck crushed the car. They didn’t survive, all because I had to be a ing about what was happening to me. It was my fault and I didn’t even get to say sorry or…or I love you.”

 

Tears threatened to fall from Jungkook’s eyes.

 

“Playing this song is kind of my way of saying sorry in a way. I know that they won’t hear but at least I could try.” Faye let out a small chuckled at her silly hopes. She was still smiling when she started to cry. Her smile turned into a frown.

 

Jungkook held her as she cried and cried and cried. He didn’t know how long they were sitting there but he knew she cried a lot.

 

Before long, she was fast asleep on his shoulder. Lifting her up bridal style he searched for her bedroom and gently placed her on her bed. He tucked her in and smiled at how peaceful her face looked. Just looking at her face made him want to smile and be happy all the time.

Looking at the time, he noticed it was already midnight.  Giving into temptation, he gave her a small peck on her forehead. He brushed the curly hair out of her face.

“Good night Faye. Dream about me.” He whispered