Blast to the Past 1

Family Issues

“Yah~! Moon Junyoung!” a young sixteen year-old Yifan waved at his friend who was looking around the large crowd of students.

Moon Junyoung, a rather short boy (at least he was shorter than Yifan) with short brown hair , equally dark ears and dark eyes, smiled brightly at Yifan, making his way through the crowd of students. “Fannie!” he greeted his best friend, pulling him into a hug when he reached Yifan.

Yifan scowled, “Yah~! What did I tell you about calling me that?!”

Junyoung laughed, “Right, right, sorry. I forgot. How was your summer?”

Yifan shrugged, “Same old, I guess. Halmoni wanted to see you though. Says she misses her pretty grandson-in-law.”

Junyoung sighed. “What’s up with your grandmother trying to hook me up with your cousin Eunjung?”

Yifan shrugged, “She thinks you two look cute together.”

“But Eunjung already has a mate!” Junyoung exclaimed.

Yifan shrugged again. “Halmoni doesn’t really like Jaejoong-hyung.”

Junyoung groaned.

“Jaejoong-hyung is really cool though, so I don’t see why she doesn’t like him.” Yifan stated, leaning against the tree behind him, watching the crowd of students chat amongst themselves.

“Maybe it’s because he changes his hair every so often.” Junyoung mumbled.

Yifan cracked a grin at his friend, “Aw~ Junyoung, don’t be jealous!”

Junyoung smacked his arm, “Yah! I’m not jealous! I’m just saying!”

Yifan laughed at his friend, who’s face was turning red.

“I’m not! I don’t even like Eunjung that way! She’s like a noona to me!”

“If you say so.” A flash of white caught Yifan’s eyes.

“Yifan, bro, you ok?” Junyoung waved a hand in front of Yifan’s face.

Yifan scanned the crowd, “Yeah I’m fine, just looking for something.”

“What?” Junyoung looked at the crowd.

Another flash of white. Yifan’s head snapped to the right, his breath catching in his throat. Standing with a slightly taller male was the most beautiful person in the world (in Yifan’s eyes). He was short but not like a dwarf, with pale skin (not the unhealthy kind but the pretty kind) and brown hair that fell to his neck. His ears were a brilliant white, as was his tail, a color that Yifan hadn’t seen before.

Junyoung looked over in the direction Yifan was looking, a small smirk crawling on his lips. “Ah~ I see someone has caught your fancy.” He teased.

Yifan’s breathing returned to normal at the sound of Junyoung’s voice, “Shut up.” He glared at his friend.

Junyoung’s smirk only grew, “Fannie has a crush.”

Yifan smacked his friends arm, “I do not!”

Junyoung glanced off to the side, before laughing.

Yifan scowled even harder, his “-face” as Junyoung called it, coming out. “What’s so funny?”

Junyoung pointed off to the side.

Yifan looked over, his eyes widening as the brown-haired beauty with the white ears stared over at him. His heart skipped a beat, his stomach churning pleasantly. The male next to the beauty whispered something to him, causing a smile to light up the boy’s face. Yifan swore he could die right there just by looking at the perfect smile.

Junyoung nudged him, “Yah, Yifan, quit staring. You’re going to scare him off with your ugly f ace.”

Yifan tore his eyes away from the boy to look at his friend. “What?”

Junyoung shook his head, “Never mind, come on. Let’s get to class before Heechul-seonsangnim has a heart attack.”

~(^o^)~

“And that, class, is why I’m the prettiest wolf out there.”

Yifan sighed, chin perched on his hand as he stared at his teacher disinterestedly. Heechul, his teacher, just finished his hour-long lecture on why he was the prettiest wolf out of all the teachers and Yifan couldn’t wait till the bell rang signaling class to be over and lunch to start. He liked his teacher, really he did, but sometimes he wished his teacher would die from choking on his own spit (but only sometimes).

The bell rang with Yifan thanking the heavens because he didn’t think he would last another five minutes listening to his teacher ramble on about his looks. Gathering up his books, he quickly fled from the room, not wanting to stick around any longer than necessary (plus his mother packed him some steak for lunch and he really wanted to eat it). In his haste to get away from him classroom and to the lunchroom he didn’t see the student before him until it was too late.

Colliding into someone, Yifan stumbled back, nearly tripping over his own two feet before he managed to steady himself. The other person wasn’t so lucky.

“Ow~.”

Yifan looked down at the boy sprawled on the floor, books and pencils scattered around him. Yifan’s breath caught in his throat again, his heart hammering away in his chest. It was the pretty boy with the white ears.

Swallowing the lump in his throat, Yifan knelt down. “A-Are you alright?”

The boy looked up at Yifan (who was still towering over him even though he was kneeling) and gave a small nod.

“I’m sorry; I should’ve been looking where I was going.” Yifan apologized.

The boy shook his head, a small blush on his face. “A-Ani! I-I should apologize. I wasn’t really looking where I was going, either.”

Yifan chuckled softly, offering a hand out. “We’re both at fault, I guess. I’m Yifan, but my friends call me Kris.”

The boy took his hand, his blush getting deeper. “J-Joonmyeon.”

Yifan smiled softly, “Joonmyeon, that’s a pretty name.”

Joonmyeon’s blush darkened, his face rivaling a tomato. “T-Thank you…”

Yifan snapped out of his daze and bent down, gathering the scattered books and pencils off the floor. “Here,” he handed them back to Joonmyeon who took them with a shy smile on his face.

“T-Thank you.”

Yifan bit his lip, “S-Say, since I’m kind of the reason why you fell do you want to have lunch with me? I mean it’s totally fine if you don’t want to, but um, I was kind of hoping maybe you would? As an apology of sorts? Y-You don’t have to if you don’t want to!”

Joonmyeon nibbled on his lower lip, his face practically glowing scarlet, “I-I think t-that would be fine.”

Yifan held back the squeal of joy that threatened to escape. “O-Oh, um, o-ok. W-Well um, l-let’s go!” he turned, starting to walk away.

“U-Um, Y-Yifan?” Joonmyeon called out.

Yifan turned to look at him, “Yeah?”

Joonmyeon pointed to the right, “The cafeteria is this way.”

Yifan’s neck burned, “R-Right, I-I knew that.”


So here's a little something about how Yifan and Joonmyeon met. There'll be more later on as the story goes on (if my brain decides to work) so...yeah. I hope you like it!

~CillaBear