Luhan's duty

Family Issues

“Appa I want baozi’s!!” A very energetic Minseok screeched, banging his little fists on the table.

A very hyper Luhan followed him. “Pickles! Pickles! Pickles!”

Yifan groaned, his once neat and pristine blond hair was unkempt and dirty from the pieces of food little year old Yixing had thrown at him. “Boys you can’t have pickles and baozi’s all the time. Why don’t you at least try something else.”

Luhan pointed an accusing finger at Yifan. “All you ever give us is waffles!”

Minseok nodded his head, “Yeah!”

Little Yixing giggled, his tail thumping against his high chair. “Ba! Ba!”

Yifan pouted at Yixing, “Not you too, Yixing!”

Yixing giggled again, “Ba!”

“I want baozi’s!” Minseok screeched again.

“Pickles!” Luhan began chanting. “Pickles! Pickles! Pickles!”

Yifan groaned, “No pickles or baozi’s! You’re gonna eat whatever I make you!”

“Baozi’s!”

“Pickles!”

“Ba!”

Yifan groaned, stomping his feet childishly. “Joonmyeon~!” he whined to his mate that was lounging on the couch. “They won’t listen to me! Do something~!”

Joonmyeon cracked open an eye, his tail swinging leisurely. “What happened to “I got this babe, you just take today off,” hm?”

“Joonmyeon~!” Yifan whined again.

Joonmyeon chuckled softly, stretching his body like a graceful cat. “Ok you big baby.”

Yifan grinned and happily skipped out of the kitchen towards his man cave. “Peace~!”

Joonmyeon rolled his eyes at his mate’s childish behavior. “Settle down boys, eomma’s gonna make you all something special to eat.”

“Can I help you, eomma?” Minseok asked, already scrambling to get out of his chair.

“Me too!” Luhan chirped, jumping down from his chair.

“Ma! Ma!” Yixing giggled, raising his hands in the air as a sign to be carried.

Joonmyeon smiled warmly at them. “Ok, you can by my little helpers. First order of business is to get the eggs out.”

“I can do it!” Luhan sprinted to the fridge.

Minseok looked up at his mother, his tail wagging and his right ear twitching. “What can I do?”

Joonmyeon smiled while taking Yixing out and placing him on the ground. “You get to help mommy cook the eggs.”

“No fair~!” Luhan whined, a carton of eggs in his little arms.

Joonmyeon took the eggs and patted Luhan’s head. “Keep an eye on your baby brother, ok? Make sure Yixing doesn’t eat anything.”

Luhan scowled, “I always get stuck with baby duty.” He grumbled.

Joonmyeon smiled, “Why don’t you take Yixing to Kris-appa and then come help me and Minseok, hm?”

Luhan beamed. “Ok! Come on Xing, appa’s gonna watch you!”

“Ba! Ba!”

Once Luhan was out of the kitchen, Joonmyeon turned to his little helper. “Let’s get started.”

\(^o^)/

“Appa’s gonna watch you Xing, so I can impress eomma with my cooking skills.” Luhan chatted to his little brother, “I’ll even make Minnie-hyung jealous because I’m so good at cooking and he can't even make a waffle like appa, but I can and-”

“Ba!” Yixing interrupted, a big smile on his chubby face as they neared their fathers man cave.

Luhan nodded, “Yeah, appa. Like I was saying though-”

“Ba! Ba!”

Luhan sighed, “Yes Xing, appa.”

“Ba! Ba!” Little Yixing giggled, his dimples showing.

“I give up.” Luhan muttered, knocking on the door to the man cave. “Appa? Eomma wants you to watch Yixing!”

There was no response.

Luhan pouted, “Appa!!!”

Still nothing.

Luhan looked down at Yixing, “You want to go in first or me?”

Yixing pointed a chubby finger at him, “Han!”

 Luhan sighed again, “Fine.”

Slowly he grabbed the doorknob and pushed it open. He made a shushing motion to Yixing who giggled before tiptoeing in. The room was dark, with brown painted walls, a soft fur carpet that felt like bear-fur (Luhan didn’t really want to know if it was or not) and a large chair in the center of the room, also brown. The fireplace was on, a soft glow lighting up the room, with heads of different animals pinned to the mantle above the fireplace.

“I feel bad for those people,” Luhan whispered to Yixing, eyeing the few wolf heads above the mantle. “Remind me not to get on appa’s bad side.”

Yixing made a noise in the back of his throat, his nose wrinkling. “Ba.”

Luhan pulled Yixing along to the chair, peeking over the side to see if his appa was there. He wasn’t.

“Ba?” Yixing tugged at Luhan’s hand. “Ba!”

Luhan shushed Yixing, “Shh, Xingie. Appa could be anywhere.”

Yixing pouted, “Ba~!” he pulled Luhan’s hand again, “Ba~!”

Luhan shushed him again. “Xingie, for cereal, be quiet.”

Yixing only tugged Luhan’s hand harder, “Ba!” He pointed to a large black lump laying near a shelf of books.

“Ooh~” Luhan allowed Yixing to take him towards the lump that was their father.

“Ba!” Yixing all but threw himself at the large lump when they reached him, startling the sleeping wolf. “Ba! Ba! Ba!”

Kris forced himself to shift, holding a very clingy Yixing. “Wha?” His hair was sticking up in different places.

Luhan giggled at his father’s silly look. “Eomma wants you to watch Xingie while me and Minnie-hyung help eomma cook.”

Kris yawned, “Why me?”

“Baba!” Yixing giggled snuggling into his father’s chest.

Kris smiled softly, scratching behind Yixing’s ears. “You’re so adorable, Yixing.”

Luhan rolled his eyes, “Ok, I’m going to help eomma now.”

“Wait Luhan,” Kris stopped him, “How’d you get into my man cave? It’s off limits to anyone who isn’t me.”

Luhan eyed his father, “Really? If you must know the door was unlocked so me and Yixing came in.”

Kris nodded, “I’ll have to start locking it from now on.” He muttered.

“Can I go now~?” Luhan whined, his ears drooping slightly.

Kris chuckled, nodding. “You can go, Lu. Be careful on your way out, ok? I don’t want you to break any of appa’s stuff.”

Luhan rolled his eyes again, “Neh~!”

He quickly scurried out of the room, making sure to close the door behind him. Running was never Luhan’s forte (Minseok was always the faster one even though he was fluffier) so when Luhan slid past the kitchen while sprinting, he paid no attention to the cackles that Minseok let out or the “My baby! Are you alright?!” that his eomma shouted. Getting up from the wall he crashed into (he wasn’t good at stopping either) he made his way back into the kitchen, only to see Minseok putting the final fork on the table while his eomma put the food on their plates.

“Eomma~!!” Luhan whined, “I wanted to help too~!!”

Joonmyeon scratched behind Luhan’s ears. “Why don’t you go get appa and Yixing, hm?”

Luhan grumbled under his breath.

Joonmyeon raised an eyebrow, “What was that?”

“Nothing, eomma~!” Luhan turned and shuffled out of the kitchen, a little pout on his lips. “Why am I always stuck with baby duty?”

Yes even his almighty appa was a baby (only when things didn’t go his way, at least).


So here it is. The next chapter. I didn't really know what to call it so...yeah. I just called it what it is. Anyway, hope you like it~!