Meeting the new baby

Family Issues

“Eomma?” Luhan poked his head into the large room that his parents had built for Joonmyeon to deliver in, shifting from his bronze colored wolf form to his humanoid one.

A slightly chubbier and lighter Minseok pranced in after Luhan, shifting to his humanoid self. “Is our baby brother awake yet?”

Joonmyeon looked over at his twin boys who stopped by the edge of the bed. He looked down at the small bundle of fur lying next to him. “Not yet boys.” He replied, leaning down and caressing his newest son’s magnolia white fur.

Luhan pouted, “When will he wake up? I wanna play with him!”

“Xing needs his rest, right eomma?” Minseok asked, his tail wagging.

Joonmyeon nodded, a yawn escaping him. “That’s right, Minseok.”

“Can we see him?” Luhan asked, though he was already walking to the other side of the bed to see his baby brother.

Minseok trailed after him, “Luhan~! You have to wait for eomma’s permission!”

Joonmyeon chuckled softly. “It’s alright baby.”

“Whoa~” Luhan exclaimed, looking down at the tiny pup next to his mom. “He’s so tiny! Like one of appa’s hairballs!”

Minseok’s right ear twitch, “He looks like you, eomma.”

Joonmyeon patted Minseok’s head lightly, “Thank you Minseok but his fur is a little lighter than mine.”

Luhan tilted his head like a curious puppy, “When will he open his eyes?”

Joonmyeon caressed the sleeping pup’s fur. “Not for a few more days, Lu.”

Luhan crinkled his eyebrows, “But why?”

“Because he’s still a baby and the doctor lady on the TV says that babies need um, ten or um, twe-twe-twenty days to fully be-become manure.” Minseok explained, stuttering over some words.

“Babies become manure?” Luhan was even more confused. “Will I turn into manure?”

“No Luhan, babies don’t become manure and neither will you. But yes Minseok, that’s right. Babies take a long time to fully grow and it’s going to take Yixing a few more days before he can open his eyes.” Joonmyeon smiled sweetly at his oldest boy.

Minseok turned a little pink. “Appa says I have to learn how to be a good big brother but that I’m, um, that I’m almost there.”

Luhan scratched his head. “So wait, I won’t turn into cow poop?”

Joonmyeon sighed, “No Luhan, you won’t.”

“Aw man! I wanted to be cow poop!”

Minseok wrinkled his nose, “Why would you want to be cow poop?”

“Because it’s fun to play in.” Luhan shrugged.

“That’s not san-san-sanctuary.” Minseok wrinkled his nose again.

“The word is sanitary, sweetie. And Luhan I don’t want you to play in cow manure again. That’s just not healthy for a growing boy.”

Luhan pouted but nodded. “Ok.”

Joonmyeon patted his head, “That’s my boy.”

Yifan’s blond head peeked out from behind the door. “Boys, what are you doing? Let your mother get some sleep. He needs his rest and so does Yixing, now come on.”

Luhan pouted even more, “But appa~!” both whined.

Yifan gave them a look. “No buts.”

Luhan huffed and looked down at his sleeping baby brother, “I’ll be back for you, Xingie.” He whispered, “Goodnight eomma!”

Joonmyeon kissed his forehead. “Don’t cause your father too much trouble while I sleep, ok?”

Luhan grinned mischievously. “I can’t promise anything.”

Joonmyeon shook his head, “Run along, Luhan.”

Minseok waved at the sleeping Yixing. “Grow up healthy and strong, ok Xing? Goodnight eomma.”

Joonmyeon kissed Minseok’s head. “Goodnight, sweetie, watch Luhan ok?”

Minseok nodded, “Ok.”

Joonmyeon smiled softly at him. “That’s my boy.”

Minseok turned a little pink and shuffled quickly out of the room.

Joonmyeon chuckled softly before turning towards his sleeping baby. “Let’s rest now, Yixing.”

(^o^)

Minseok closed the door softly behind him before rushing to catch up to Luhan and Yifan who were waiting at the end of the corridor.

“Who’s hungry for some waffles, hm?” Yifan asked, a smile on his face at the thought of waffles.

“Appa! We had waffles yesterday and the day before that!” Luhan whined.

“I want baozi’s!” Minseok exclaimed.

Luhan gave Minseok a weird look. “Are you a cannonball or something?”

“I am not!” Minseok screeched, his face turning red.

Yifan put a comforting hand on Minseok’s shoulder. “The word is cannibal, Luhan. And no, your brother is not one.”

“But he’s a baozi.” Luhan stated as if it were obvious.

Minseok’s face turned redder, his tail swishing angrily. “Appa!!”

Yifan sighed; I wonder if Joonmyeon has to deal with this all the time.

“Baozi! Baozi! Baozi!” Luhan chanted, poking Minseok’s arm. “Minnie-hyung’s a baozi!”

Minseok’s eyes watered. “Stop it!”

“Baozi! Baozi!”

“Luhan, enough.” Yifan glared at his son who immediately shut up. He then turned to Minseok and pulled him into his arms. “Shhh…it’s alright. Luhan didn’t mean to make you cry, right Luhan?”

Luhan nodded, “I’m sorry Minnie-hyung!”

Minseok clutched Yifan’s shirt tighter. “He called me a ba-ba-baozi!” he wailed.

Luhan’s ears drooped, tears forming in his own eyes. “I-I didn’t mean it, Min. I-I-” his lower lip quivered, “I’m sorry!” he cried, fat tears rolling down his cheeks.

Yifan pulled him into his arms, both boys crying on his shirt. “Shh…there, there. Appa will make it all better. Shh…it’s ok. Want appa to take you to Kwanghee’s house?”

Luhan sniffed, wiping his tears away with his sleeves. “Ok.” He cupped Minseok’s face, wiping away the few tears that still trailed down his cheeks. “No more crying, ge. Kwanghee won’t like it if we look ugly.”

Minseok sniffed and wiped his snot on Yifan’s shirt, “Will Minwoo be there?”

Yifan cringed at the dampness of his shirt. “I’m pretty sure he will be.”

Minseok nodded, his right ear twitching. “Ok, let’s go appa.”

Luan wrinkled his nose at Kris’s tear/mucus soaked shirt. “Ew, no. Appa you need to change shirts if we’re going to Kwanghee’s house.”

Minseok nodded, “Yeah appa. What will Minwoo say if you show up looking like that?”

Yifan’s left ear twitched. Patience Kris, patience. They’re your kids. They don’t mean anything.

“Appa! Ppalli!”

Yifan sighed. Joonmyeon better hurry up and get fully rested.


So chapter two is up. Yay!! Hooray! Don't know when the next update will be but whatever. Yixing was introduced! Hoorah! Huzzah! He'll be a baby for like a chapter more or so (haven't decided yet.) The other's will be coming soon so stay tuned! (if you want, you don't really have to).

~CillaBear ^^