The fault in your teaching

Exchange Aliens

Tao’s POV

Wow~ Lotte World.

This place must be fun. I assume it’s fun, most of those people are laughing excitedly.

“Are you having fun Tao?”

“I’m not sure. But I might, especially when I go with you noona. And my other eleven hyungs.” My voice tone goes down. “And that strange, unknown girl who goes along to supervise us.”

“Once again, her name is Hannah, Tao. She’s here to watch over us. At least remember her name to make her think we like her.” Kris hyung scolds me.

“Oh Tao. Don’t worry about her. Unnie is very nice. She may seem strict, but she is nice. And once you go in the park, you’ll have so much fun that you’ll forget anything else.”

“But I want to go with you only noona. I want to spend time with you. You’re so nice, and you’re the only one who won’t tease me and will buy me stuffs.” I hook my arm with her, pouting hard. I like her a lot.

“Hey, I like noona too! Get out.”

“No!!!” I hug noona tighter.

Han… Ha Ni ssi (?) fake coughs.

“Can we proceed. I think we should buy tickets before the lines get too long.”

“Sorry unnie. I’ll go buy.”

“I think Kris ssi should go buy. He’s in charge of EXO, he should be responsible.” Well, we can’t argue with that. Kris hyung wordlessly walk towards the booth.

After a while, we finally can enter this place.

“Stay in line kids.” Su Ho hyung orders.

“Su Ho oppa, you don’t have to line up. We’re in an amusement park, you can walk freely in here.”

“Oh no Hae Ri, it’s fine.” Xiu Min hyung reassure noona.

“Yeah noona. This way we won’t get lost or anything.”

I look over to Ha… Ha Nuel (?) ssi. She’s writing down something in her, what is it, tablet?

“What are you doing?”

“Making a report Tao ssi.”

We are wandering near the entrance, not sure what to do.

“Uhm… Do you guys want to go to anything?”

“We’re new here remember? How about you suggest us some place?”

“Uhm… I’m not sure you’ll like it? Uh… Hannah unnie, where would you want to go?” Hannah? Well, I was close enough. But what’s for anyway? I think we will only talk to her today.

“I’m just tagging along.” Ha… Ha Ri (?) ssi answers. Wow, her poker face is even better than Kris hyung’s. “But if I must, there’s this… entrance ritual those kids had been talking about. There’s a range of shops near here that sell clothes and accessories for Lotte World visitors.”

Since we also have no idea where to go, and noona is just too nice to suggest anything, the fourteen of us go there.

“Ok kids. According to Hae Ri’s world, we have to go into these shops and choose something to buy. To save time, I suggest we spread out and buy something ourselves. After 15 minutes, we meet here.”

“And buy only one item only, especially you Tao. You too Baek Hyun.” I can’t argue here. He’s right. I do shop a lot. “And the item can’t be too expensive ok? Must be under… what’s your currency here Rachel?”

“It’s fine, you can get anything. I think I can manage.”

“I think you’re just being nice noona.” Chan Yeol hyung says. “You have even less allowance than us. And even if you say so noona, I think we won’t buy anything above average price. We’re trained to be thrifty, so we’ll natural sense which item is less expensive than which.”

There she goes again, H… whatever her name is. She’s writing down something again.

Anyway, I drag noona towards a cute shop. I normally would go with Kris hyung, so he can pay for me. But we’re all allowed to buy something, so I want to go with noona.

“No, she’s coming with me.”

“No, she’s with me!”

“Hey! Where’s your manners maknaes. And you too Chen. And you Lu Han hyung.” Kyung Soo scolds us.

“Don’t worry. I can buy something quickly. I can take turns going with you to choose something. And where you’re going Tao? And Se Hun? Kai? You too Chen? Xiu Min oppa?”

“That!”

“You’re all going to the same shop? Why bother?” Whatever-her-name-is talks, her face finally expresses something, even though it’s mostly annoyance.

Your POV

Turn out we were all going to a same shop. This shop sells cute headbands, so no wonder many of them like this. Cute things are always a big weakness for everyone. Hannah unnie, on the other hand, said that she didn’t like them and went to a different shop instead.

Since I suggested them to help each other choose a headband, what they ended up buying are pretty fitting. And they all look so cute. I too, shall buy something cute to go with the theme. Ooh~

“15 minutes are almost up you guys. It’s time to pay for this and go!” Kris oppa say, as we follow him to the counter.

“Not a minute too soon.”

“AH!!!”

“Oh, oh, it’s ok Tao.” I sooth him with Kris oppa. Most of them also look scared.

“Funny. I don’t think that aliens are scared of this.”

“Unnie?” I ask. The person lifts off her mask, indeed was her. “It’s your mask unnie? It’s…”

“It’s scary I get it. I chose it for that reason. Besides, it represent me very well, someone who should be feared.” Wow, that’s so cool~ She and her sister are such charismatic people.

“See. It’s okay guys.” I calm them down, but they still look scared.

“It’s alright noona. I’m a man, a man. I will man up and be strong.” But he flinches as soon as unnie steps closer. Aw~ maknae is seriously adorable.

“Noona, are you hugging me because I’m cute? I like it, so hug me more~” So cute.

----------

Hannah’s POV

I’m lining up at a Chinese sugar art booth. Hey, I may not look like it but I like sweet food, okay?

Before me are EXO members who also like candies. Rachel is on the other line of this booth (This booth is pretty popular as Chinese sugar art is scarce here).

Suddenly, I hear Rachel’s voice.

“It’s ok. You can go first miss.”

“Oh, thank you. Boys, come on.” Turn out she let a woman with triplets go first. The woman looks quite tired, and her triplets look like a handful. So Rachel Tan~ She’s always been the kind-hearted angel, literally.

“Why did you do that Hae Ri?”

“It’s a nice thing to do oppa. Besides, not like we’re not getting any of these sweet stuffs.”

“So it’s nice to let somebody do something before ourselves?” I hear one of the boys before me, or  beside me, says. Maybe this is her teaching method. Telling them what’s nice and what’s not. It’s not really effective.

It then reach Lu Han ssi, who is standing in my line. But…

“Se Hun-ah, you can go first.”

“No hyung, you go first.”

“No, I’m kinda from Chinese remember? I’ve had a lot of these when I was a child. You can go first.” So EXO-M was like China today? What’s even more interesting that it still has sugar art. I thought the planet’s timeline is far ahead of us. Maybe they did a really good job keeping the traditions there.

But… are they seriously just gonna fight about who go first. Great, now Xiu Min ssi and Chen ssi, who are right behind them, join the fight. This is frustrating for me. And embarrassing.

----------

“On behalf of EXO as a whole, you have my apology Hannah ssi.”

“No, it’s fine. Do not worry. I’m sure “that” came out of goodness.” I take a glance of Rachel, who also looks apologetic. “Besides, I got an extra candy, so it’s more a good thing to me.” The woman serving my line didn’t know I was with them. To apologize for “making me wait”, she gave me a discount, two with the price of one.

I take a good at one, shaped like a butterfly. So delicious~ I probably need a bit of running after consuming these sugars, but it’s worth it. The other one of mine was shaped like a fish.

We now are walking towards the aquatic world as a change of scenery, after those extreme games and the “fight” earlier.

Suddenly, (many things happen today) we hear a girl’s cry.

“I’m hideous!”

“No, you’re not honey.” A good-looking man is reassuring what seems to be his girlfriend. The woman, who is hiding under layers of fabric (usual considering the warm weather), is crying hard into his chest.

“But look at my arms!” She suddenly shouts and shows him her arms. From way over here we can see clearly blisters all over her arms. She must have extreme sunburn. How? “Our date is ruined.” She cries again. I can relate to that. All women want to look their best when they’re outside, especially when they’re with their loved ones.

“No, honey. You still look beautiful. What you need is some treatment for it.”

“Don’t lie to me. I know I’m hideous. You shouldn’t have gone out with someone like me.”

“I… hey man. Hey! Yeah you. Would you mind telling my girlfriend that she’s still very pretty.”

The woman looks up from her big floppy hat. Oh, so I understand now. She’s an albino, of course she has extremely sensitive skin. She must have been careless and let the direct sunlight in.

“Don’t worry miss. I think you still look great, honestly.” Honestly, she is. A woman is always beautiful, especially when she believes it.

However, she only thanks me, but says that just because I’m a woman too.

“Man, please tell her that she’s still very pretty.” He asks Su Ho ssi again. Oh, this will be good. When they first saw her arms, EXO truthfully said “Ugh… these blisters give me the creep.” Terrible thing to say. But I’ve figured they were truthful about it.

Su Ho, anyway, takes a quick glance at Rachel for some reason.

“Uhm… I think she’s… she’s…” His face looks pained. I can’t wait to see where this is going. “She’s… She’s pretty. Very pretty. Her skin is so smooth. Like, there’s nothing wrong with it at all. Like, these blisters are so fainted that I could hardly tell. Right guys.”

“…Yeah, really.” Oh come on, you guys just can’t lie. Your faces all look uncomfortable.

Of course, naturally, that only makes her cry harder and run away. The man now look back at the boys, angrily yell, specifically Su Ho.

“Look dudes. I know my girlfriend isn’t in her best shape. But ya’ll don’t need to be all sarcastic to her ok? If we were back in my school, I’ma punch you right here!”

After the man has run after the woman, Rachel worriedly runs towards Su Ho and tend his bruised arm, where the man held.

“Don’t worry Hae Ri, Lay hyung is going to fix this.” Ah, they boy with the healing power, Zhang Yi Xing.

“But noona. Why did they react like that?”

“Yeah, didn’t you tell us to lie, just to make someone else feel better? Like, that’s a part of being kind?”

Ah~ I should’ve guessed.

This is indeed amusing.


Sometimes I wonder why so many of my OC are so sadistic. I try to make Hannah a cool character, but for some reason she's just being mean.

And I actually do act like her sometimes in real life. It's like self-reflecting or something