Settling in

Exchange Aliens

Lay’s POV

…I subconsciously walk towards… something. Can’t help it. I’m really sleepy right now.

I make out a blurry image of a big, soft sofa. Knowing that even if I take that spot, someone would push me any way so I just lie down on the side of it, using the soft thing as a pillow.

After some time (I kinda fell asleep a bit), I hear someone talk. Don’t know who, but I don’t really care.

“I know you guys are tired, so I will make this simple. There are four bedrooms on the second floor and one rooftop one. I will take the rooftop one.”

“Good, say us the trouble then. Since the rests are all the same, I will choose randomly three people sleeping in the same room according to my will. Me, Su Ho and D.O.; Xiu Min, Lu Han and Lay; Chen, Baek Hyun and Chan Yeol; then Tao, Kai and Se Hun.”

“…Ok then. You can sleep in your bedroom. The rooms have not been furnished yet so I hope you would not find much trouble sleeping on the f-” I follow the others to the stairs. Finally.

One just randomly choose a room and the other two roommates follow him, like how me and Lu Han hyung do. The moment I step in the room, I instantly break down on lay on the floor. Back to my dream…

Your POV

Should I leave the main door unlocked, or lock the door and leave the key somewhere. If I do not lock it, someone might sneak in. But if I do, what would happen if they cannot find the key?

No, they would find it easily anyway, I hope. Hm, just leave the spare one here… Ok, good. Now let’s return you to the company. I really enjoy driving you but we need something more convenient.

I start the engine and shift it into drive. It is Sunday, so the street is rather empty. Phew~ I miss this kind of fresh air. With my house right on the main street in the city center and the few times I manage to go to the countryside, I really do miss it. Glad our new house is in this area.

Oh red lights. I slow down the bus and stop the engine. Of course I have to save the energy and the air quality.

Oh, there is a radio here? I did not notice. This reminds me, some music might be nice. I think of some songs I hear recently I hum it, sometimes I sing the lines I do remember. Suddenly, this makes me remember the time Hannah unnie scold me for being to “cheap”, do not even bother to download any song to save money and energy… Oh green already! I swiftly start the car again.

---------

 “Hello.”

“Oh hello Hae Ri ssi. Just a second, I’m opening the gate for you.”

“Thank you samchoo~” Then I start the bus and drive to the parking lot underground. Oh, there is the bus area. Ok… I take out my phone to call Ahn ahjussi and wait for him.

“Sorry, I was dealing with another group. Did you wait long?”

“No, it is fine ahjussi. Here is the key ahjussi. I remember you said we use another car…”

“Oh yes. We want you to use that car right from the start. But we didn’t know there would be so many people so we asked you to use this bus. But Min Young ssi told me it won’t help them to blend in as much as a normal car. Follow me… Ok, this one is yours. A family car. Actually, two cars. I’m sure one wouldn’t fit them all. So… only you here?” I nod. The others looked exhausted. Cannot force them to go with me of course. “Well… Besides, I don’t think you really know how to drive anyway. So, you take one, and I’ll call someone else to drive the other.”

“No need to please. I can drive one and take the bus here. Then drive the other. I do not want to bother the company at all.” Besides, how can he goes back afterward.

“Nonsense! Hae Ri ssi, you’re just too nice. Listen, if you can take a bus here then so can our people. Don’t worry. It’s just a small task. Besides, you really can’t hide the tired look on your face. You can use a good sleep. It’s nine already, and you have to drive two hours to get home. Listen to me, you just take this key,” He puts the key into my hand. “and step into that car, start the engine and drive home. Ok?”

“Uh… But I-”

“Don’t bother. You don’t know how many times I’ve said “No buts” already and they always listen.” I know I cannot argue with him, nor I want to. “I almost forgot. The boss told me to report through me about the house condition. They didn’t furnish the house fully because we weren’t sure about the aliens. So I need you to tell me about the house and let the other company do the work.”

“Oh. The house is really beautiful. Don’t worry. We only need some basic furniture. And on the second floor there are four bedrooms, three in each and one for me on the rooftop.”

“They made you take the r- Never mind. Ok. I’ll call them and they’ll be put to work right tomorrow.”

----------

Someone rings the doorbell? This early? Good thing I’m an early riser.

“Hello? How may I help you?”

“Oh hello. I’m from KBS. I believe your house need furnishing?”

“Oh yes. It does. Yes uh… Can I get you something? Water? Tea?”

No thanks. I’m good. We’re all good. By the way, I have to deliver you something. From your boss I believe?” I thank him and take the envelop. There’s a small note.

The furnishing normally takes up one day. Of course, only the most basic. In case you want some customizations, just tell them.

Anyway, ahjussi called your principal and told him about EXO. Since you can’t stay in your house today anyway, so I think you can take them to school and have them interviewed for the school. He’s free between 8 A.M. to 4 P.M. today.

---Your dearest unnie, Li Yin unnie---

Oh unnie~

I guess I should wake them up… Or should I let them sleep a bit more?

“Hello Hae Ri. I’m hungry. Is there any food?” I hear someone ask. Turns out it is Baek Hyun oppa. Wait, not just him but all of EXO. Some look a bit more awaked than the others.

“Oh hello. You guys wake up early.”

“Oh really? No. We just slept too much. I’m sure we went to bed at seven yesterday, so we slept about… ten hours straight.” Su Ho oppa explains. I guess that, that makes sense. “So, what are we having?”

“Oh, we’re going out for your school interview. So… I think you should change your clothes, all of you.”

“Something wrong noona? I thought this is what Earthlings call “fashionable”?” Tao asks innocently, and a bit pouty.

“No, it’s really is fashionable. But we want to blend in more than be fashionable. Your clothes are more the on-stage type than casual type. Besides, you still can look fashionable in daily clothes anyway.” I sooth him. I think it works well because he looks happy, even more than earlier.

“Good. I want to show my styles anyway. Our boss made us wear this. We all look the same! There’s no style at all!” I chuckle a bit because of his sentence. He’s really like a kid. And I must tell, I have this really strong urge to take care of children or any children-like people. Mother instinct?

“Oh, try to be a bit formal too ok? We’re seeing someone important today.” I quickly shout before they’ve complete gone.

After them all going back upstairs, I walk to the garage, where the furnishing team said they were earlier. I have to talk to them about some modifications for the boys. I did talk to a MAMA worker, who I’m sure have a high position in this mission, two days before. I remember a bit about their personalities, so I know what should be added to their rooms. I also have to give them the spare keys anyway.

“Don’t worry. We’ve got it all. Enjoy your trip.” The leader of the team tell me, and of course I thank him. Hm~ I think I should check on the boys’ clothing before taking the car, in case they got confused with the clothes despite the similarities between Earth and EXO.

“Do I look good noona?” “Me too noona!” “Me first!” The maknaes trio (I’m sure D.O. do not want to be in it) asks me. I take a look at all of them. They all look great actually. I guess we really don’t have that much difference in fashion sense. I smile at them and give them all the thumb-up.

“So… we look “down-to-earth” now then?”

“Well then-”

“LET’S GO!!!” Most of them seem pretty excited. I guess they kinda are since this is their first time out on Earth. How adorable~ I laugh at how Chan Yeol pushes and Baek Hyun pulls me to the door, but still remember to grab my coat and the keys.

…Keys…

Oh that’s right. I forgot that we have to take two cars, but none of them can actually drive yet…

…What should I do? I can’t bother someone just to drive us… But we can’t all go if there’s no one else to drive the 2nd car… Well, I guess I have to divide them and drive half to school first and back to pick up the other half… Yeah, that could work!

Huh? Someone ringing the door. Who could that be?

“Hey~”

“Oppa? What are-”

“Yeah, they told me about your first mission and I know about the two-cars-one-driver situation of yours. Knowing you, you will never call anyone and decide to take trips right?”

“…Uh, I... What are you talking about oppa?”

“Remember Busan, 2009? There’s no way I’m letting that happen again. And no, it doesn’t bother me and no argument. Let’s go.” Oh, still the caring Jae oppa like how I remember.

“Who’s that Hae Ri-ah~”

“Oh, that Jae Joong, a good oppa of mine, Lay oppa. Oh, and, guys, he’s driving half of you to school today.” I announce to all of them. Suddenly, random shouting “Not me” happens between the guys.

“No- [censored] I’m the 7th one aren’t I?”

“Yes you are. You and those gonna drive with him while us will be with noona~ Hah!”