The meeting

Exchange Aliens

Your POV

“Hello, my name is Hae Ri, Tan Hae Ri. I’m here for the “special” books Yun Ho sunbaenim booked for me.” I whisper to her. After all, we don’t want to blow her cover.

“Oh, hello. Oh yes, please give me a second… Yes, here it is. Please sign here… And here too please… Okay, that would be all. Remember to keep them carefully and you must return it within two weeks or you will be fined. Thank you… Oh, and I heard this is your first mission. Good luck with it.”

I thank her and take the books. Good thing these are not heavy at all.

Oh Mrs. Han? Wow, those are a lot of paper. I should help her.

A bit… heavier… but that’s… okay… Now she can… go back… to her class… before… the bell… Wow, these… are much, much, much heavier… than I thought.

Huh? I think I have stepped on something… A dictionary?

“Excuse me mister, can you help me pick that up please?” I ask a boy walking by. He must be new, I haven’t seen him around before.

“Sure… Song Qi Qian ssi.” Oh, it Victoria unnie’s. I should bring this to unnie. “Look like you’re carrying a lot. Need help?”

“No thanks. I can… I can manage.”

----------

Ok. Let’s go over the basic information one more time. I think took notes of all the most important ones. Here it go.

EXO planet is one of the extrasolar planets, planets outside of the solar systems.

► The daytime there is 48.85 hours, more than twice planet Earth so their technology are more developed than us.

► People on EXO planet are very attached to their planet, so every citizen there have supernatural power, mostly deal with the nature.

► More than two thousands year ago, a war break out between two sides, K EXO and M EXO (note: similar to North Korea and South Korea) and it lasts two hundreds year. (EXO planet time). Aftermath: People since have grown a cold, heartless attitude towards everything and everyone. 

“Hae Ri dear? They’re arriving.”

“I’m coming Min Young ahjussi!”

I quickly clean up the table and put the books into my pack bag. I then hurry to the elevator, where ahjussi is waiting.

“Nervous?” I shake my head, not wanting to worry him. “Don’t have to pretend dear. I know you’re nervous. Everyone does on their first mission.”

Upon arriving, I see the room is shaking up and the crew is running around to organize, and of course the portal’s light is blinking furiously, signaling someone going through the black hole to us.

Finally, few men appear. I hide my nervousness and give them my best smile, greeting them. Of course, they politely return the gesture. I step backwards for Min Young ahjussi.

“Hello, welcome to Earth.”

“Thank you. And thank you for accepting to help us. All of EXO planet thanks you. Oh, here are our boys, the one staying here under your watch. Now, I understand that you humans are very conscious of looks and age, so we pick the young ones you would consider… good-looking.” I take a good look at them. Wow, they are really handsome. “Oh, and to make it easier for you, we’ve made some alternatives in them, like decreasing their knowledge to Earth level, fastening their heartbeats to averagely 80 per minute and give them common blood type. Also, it’s not really easy but our MAMA organization managed to give them the ability to turn into wolves like humans.”

Huh? That is not a human trait. That is werewolves’.

“Uh… How did you… Why did you say humans turn into wolves?”

“What do you mean? From what we collected by our satellite, we see some have that behaviors, especially people living in or near country side and mountain side, forests and jungles, on more during full moons.”

“Oh… I’m afraid there is a mistake. It’s not humans you watched. It’s the werewolf kind.”

“Oh. It’s a mistake indeed. But I’m sure you can manage that. Well, I think we’re all good here. Goodbye. And contact us whenever you want to return them and we’ll instantly send you replacements.”

“Of course. Goodbye.”

Kris’s POV

A girl approached us. Must be our guide.

“Hello, I’m Tan Hae Ri, or Rachel if you prefer. Nice to meet you Kris Wu ssi.”

“Oh, hello Tan Hae Ri ssi. You must b-”

“Oh no, no, no.” Chan Yeol cuts in. “No “ssi”! You’re our guide right? Boss said we’re staying with you. So we would be friends anyway! How old you Hae Ri ssi?”

“I am twenty. I have seen all of your profiles. So… I have the same age as yours… Chan Yeol”

“Oh, but which month?”

“July.” Uh oh. Here we go.

“REALLY??? So I’m younger than you? YES!!! I call you “noona” then.”

“Uh… yes.”

“What about me?”

“You can call me noona too… Tao.”

Aish. I cannot even have a good introduce here? They are just too exciting to call someone noona. Okay, I admit I’m quite disappointed when I can’t call her noona, instead she calls me “oppa”.

They’re lucky I’m a bit black hole-lagged so I don’t even bother cut it their little party. I can always talk to her later. I mean, I’m their leader.

“Ah, okay everyone. It is a big late. So, the crew has prepared for us a car to take us to our house. Let’s move. I will lead the way.” Rachel told us. Yes, I prefer the name Rachel. I’m more used to names like that. I did spend twelve years of my like in Canada.

“Oh, you prefer me drive or anyone of you want to drive?”

“None of us can drive a car actually… I think.” We don’t have cars on our planet, not anymore. But they did lower our intelligence a bit so I don’t think we remember how to drive… spacecraft anymore. “So, you drive please.”

“Okay then.” We then follow her towards the… the car?

Suddenly we hear a thumping sound. Curious, I turn around and see Kai on the floor. Must have tripped that flower pot. Must be it. Well, let’s keep going… Where’s Hae Ri?

“Oh Gosh. Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere?” What is she doing?

“Uh… No, just feel a… little something here… What are you doing Hae Ri noona?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, what are you doing, going towards me and asking me these questions?”

“Wh- Oh, it’s called “Worrying for others”.”

“Oh… Why?”

“It’s b-”

“Come on noona! We want to see our house!” Se Hun shouts excitedly. Should have done that earlier, we wouldn’t have to waste time.

“Uh… I will explain to you all later when we reach home. Come on.”

----------

“So, I read that you are the leader of EXO.”

“Yes, I am. Su Ho back there is the vice. In case I die, he’s in charge.”

“Oh… okay.” Her voice falters a bit. Can’t understand why. “Hm~” I see her glance at the mirror. “I see all of them are asleep back there. Why don’t you take a nap Kris ssi?”

“What, they’re sleeping? Hey guys, wake up! Wake up all of you!!!” I quickly yell to them. Huh, don’t even flinch.

“What, Kris, do not wake them up.” I look at her curiously. “I mean, they are tired. Let them rest.”

“Why? We are sent here to observe humans and learn how to “care” like them. How can we do that while sleeping? He-”

“No Kris. We have to let rest if they are tired. We have to when anyone gets tired. It’s… it’s a part of being caring for others.”

“Oh really? So this is a part of our mission? Ah, okay.” Since they’re sleeping now, I’ll tell them later. Should take note of this in case I forget.

“Are you tired?”

“No, I’m not really tired. I’ve traveled a lot, even when I’m on EXO planet. Why?”

“Oh… I’m… I’m being considerate.”

“So we ask if people are tired to be considerate?” Interesting. “Are you tired Hae Ri.”

“Uhm, no. Thanks.” Strange. I think she looks rather… not well. Or is it how she normally looks?

“Well, we are here.” She tell me. I look out of the window and see our house. “Oh, it’s so~ beautiful.” I don’t really remember how our house really looked like back on EXO planet so I don’t know if this house is really up to the “beautiful” standard there. But comparing to the houses I saw on the way, it should be just above average, not "beatutiful".

She park the bus in the garage (which somehow fits) and stop the engine.

I got to the back of the car and take my bag. Those kids are still sleeping huh? Let’s see. Wallet, skin products…

“Hae Ri, your bag!” I call out to her. I wait for her since she’s the one keeping our house’s key.

“Oh, ok. Sorry.” She quickly takes out her bag under some of the boys’ bags. Wow, not sure about human standard but in our standard, that’s pretty strong of her to dig out her stuff underneath all of those.

“Let’s go.”

“Wait. We cannot let them sleep here. We have to wake them first.”

“No we don’t. That’s why they shouldn’t have slept in the first place… Wait, is this “caring” too?”

“Uhm… Yes.” Ok, honestly I’m rather confused why we let them sleep earlier and now we wake them, but both are gestures of caring. But… she clearly knows what she’s doing.