The Cooking Contest

My Stalking Heart {rewriting ^^}

“Ladies and gentlemen...out of 5 aspiring chefs in the beginning of the show, we are now down to two people.” The emcee, Leeteuk, faced the audience. "Let us give them a round applause!" With that, the clapping sounds started to fill in the area.

The lucky two were overwhelmed by the response of the audience and they bowed back in gratitude. "Since the staff is still preparing the kitchen, I will ask some questions to our top two." Leeteuk suggested. "Ja... Lee Seorin-sshi?"
 
"Neh! An enthusiastic voice greeted which actually startled Leeteuk. "Ah! What does it feel to part of the top 2?"  Leeteuk asked. "It's an honor to be part of the top 2 and I thank the judges and the audience in supporting me throughout. I'll do my best! Fighting!" Seorin smiled. 
 
===
 
"We will now ask Kang Sora-sshi to introduce the final judges to the audience." Leeteuk turned to his partner. 
 
"Our final judges are of the best here in country. We can definitely say that there would be fair judgement in this competition." Sora noted.
 
"Neh! Our first judge is of Chinese-Korean descent. Wanting to increase his knowledge in cooking, he traveled around the world and was able to experience the different flavors. With that, he opened a small restaurant in Incheon and soon that restaurant turned out to be one of the top restaurants with a perfect 5-star rating. Let us welcome HanGeng." Hangeng stood up from his seat and gave a bow. 
 
He looks decent, Seorin thought.
 
"The second judge was the winner of last year's contest. He won because of his delicious yet healthy dishes that he cooked also on this kitchen. After the contest he was scouted by many chefs wanting him to be their apprentice., but he declined. Instead, he continued to study more about cooking. He also joined international cooking contests which he was able to bring home the bacon. Without further ado, here's Kim Kibum!"
 
I must harness his aura so I can win the competition just like he did!
 
"Finally, our last judge is the CEO's grandson of Shim Corporation. He's also Korea's top food critic and a successful owner of a chain of restaurants. Let us welcome Shim Changmin!" 
 
He looks someone I don't want to mess with. Better do your best Lee Seorin! FIGHTING!She shouted in her head
 
"And those are our three judges. Leeteuk-sshi!"
 
Leeteuk thanked her. "Since the kitchen is prepared, I will now explain the mechanics for tonight's cooking contest. Each participant should prepare a full-course meal in two hours and thirty minutes, the appetizer should be finished by the first hour, the main course by the second hour and thirty minutes for the dessert."
 
I must be able to win this contest. I really need the money...
 
The other host, Kang Sora, turned to the both of them. "The judges will look around and observe your performance. They would give tips on your dish but will not help you in your cooking.  This is also crucial to your chance of winning the cooking contest. So good luck to all of you. Fighting!" she cheered.
 
"Kindly proceed to your stations." Leeteuk said. "Good luck to all of you."  
 
"Ready! On your mark, get set, cook!" And Leeteuk started the timer.
 
===
 
After nearly three hours of preparing the food, the participants were told to take a 15 minute break at the backstage. 
 
I hope I did okay, the judges gave really good tips for my dishes so I think I've got the upper hand on this.
 
"Ok, contestants please proceed to the kitchen." Leeteuk said. The contestants came in one by one and filed a horizontal line. 
 
"The judges are going to taste the dishes that you've made. So please proceed to your stations and prepare."  
 
===
 
After the longest five minutes ever in her life, it was Seorin's turn to be judged.
 
Don't worry, Seorin-ah! You can do this! AJA!
 
"Lee Seorin-sshi, kindly explain your dishes." Hankyung requested.  
 
"For the appetizer, I made sandwiches." Seorin explained with a wide grin on her face. "First I took an unsliced loaf then slice the top. After that I cut it hollow, and used the remaining to make sandwiches, and store it back in the hollowed loaf, in this way, it would still be good enough to eat." she added. 
 
"Hmm.. Usually sandwiches get flaky and dry if it's left out for air exposure, but in this way, you could still retain its softness and freshness. It's just, truly innovative." The second judge, KiBum said to Seorin. Hankyung followed the suit and gave a positive response as well.
 
I think I'm going to win this~ Seorin singsonged in her head. Finally, I can use the money f-
 
"The pie lacks sweetness." The third judge commented.
 
The-man-who-ruined-my-trail-of-thoughts, say what?!  Seorin, with wide eyes, screamed mentally.
 
"Your food presentaion was exceptionally good. I like how you were able to design the pie with mango slices and raspberries fans." he commented.
 
"However?" she asked, still in denial that she had received a negative comment.
 
"...your mango raspberry panna cotta lacks the flavor I was looking forward to." he finished. "You should have caramelized the sugar more and probably added a touch of vanilla to make it more flavorful"
 
"How could she be able to know, Changmin-sshi?" Kibum whispered yet it was loud enough for Seorin to hear. "This is just an amateur cont-"
 
"But we are professionals who were invited to judge this competition and my opinion on her food is that. " 
 
"Sunbaenim, I'm sorry that I have disappointed your taste but this is what I followed from the recipe that was passed unto me for generations. But I thank you for the criticism." She took a slice and place it on the plate.  She held the plate firmly and looked at him straight in the eyes.
 
And you know what she did?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She shoved the pie to his face!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Silence filled the room.
 
WHAT WAS I THINKING?!
 
 
"Okay....Everyone!  We will take a break." The emcee quickly said to cover up the embarrassing situation, and signals the cameraman to cut off the live recording. Seorin and her opponent was asked to go at the backstage to take a breather. 
 
Out of nowhere, her best friend, Yunhwa came to her, "What have you done? Are you ACTUALLY required to shove a pie in his face?" 
 
"Um, yeah? Because everyone said good response but him. Plus I need the money badly!" Seorin defended, (but knows that she ruined it BIG TIME)
 
"Your wedding?" Her BF raised a brow. "Has the guy proposed to you already?"
 
"No," Seoruin quickly responded, "Not yet, anyway"
 
"Then are you sure that you can win this?"
 
"Yes!"
 
"Despite the most embarassing thing you've done on local television?"
 
"Yes"
 
==
 
"Aish, she thinks that she's that great?! She even shove the pie in my face! MY FACE!" Changmin thought as he wiped off the cream from his dress shirt. "When I see this woman, ugh! I just gave a comment on her cooking. Does she really need to that?" He said as he washed his hands at the lavatory.
 
Right then, the stage manager just entered, "Mr. Changmin, 5 minutes until the show"
 
No problem, he just smiled.
 
==
 
"Ok, particpants, please come here to the center of the stage!" The top 2 contestants stood next to the MC. Seorin pretended that nothing happened and just smiled. "Judges have already made their decision. "
 
The emcee opens the envelope. " I will now read the winner's name. The winner for this year's cooking contest is..."
 
*drumroll*
 
LEE SEO--
 
"Seo Bomin! Congratulations! "
 
Seorin showed great disappointment on her face but decided to smile until the cameras were off...
 
Unfortunately when she saw was BoMin coming to the rude guy earlier, and without really thinking, she walked right up to the chairman and BoMin "Yah!" She pushed her aside. "You think that you're great! He gave you all comments that are negative!" She pointed out.
 
"Miss, I'm sorry but you're making a scandal here!" Changmin whispered. Like you didn't earlier...
 
Seorin looked at this guy, The nerve! "YOU!" she pointed her finger at him.
 
"Me?"
 
"Yes, you! You purposely made me lose!"
 
"Me?"
 
"After I shoved that pie in your face, you think that you can do this sort of thing?"
 
"Um, do I have to answer that question?"
 
"Arrgh!" Seorin stormed off the set and shouted, "I'LL GET YOU FOR THIS!"
 
Changmin looked at her back, I'll look forward to that..
 
"Like that will ever happen." he muttered to himself