Crap...?

The secret of the music box

April’s POV

 

 

I removed my breakfast’s tray from my knees and left it aside, on my bed.

 

«Are you finished, agassi?» the new maid invaded in my room, without knocking first.

 

I sighed, chewing the last pieces of my bread slowly.

 

«First, did I tell you to come in?» I raised an eyebrow.

«Ehm… No.» she bit her bottom lip.

«So, learn that you have to knock the door first before entering a room that someone else is in. Also, remember that I have told you that when I’m finished I’ll be calling you. Or I’ll be bringing the stuff downstairs myself. There’s no need to waste your time and come here, dear.» I smiled and she slightly bowed.

«I’m sorry, agassi. I’m new, so I am still learning.»

«It’s OK, as soon as you indeed learn.» I moved my finger and she bowed again.

«Should I take your breakfast tray, agassi?»

«Yes… Since you are here, do take it.»

 

  Soon, she was out of my room.

 

Ah, how nice~ ^^

 

I lied back on my back, rolling around my white bed sheets. Today is such a lovely day. My parents haven’t bothered me at all for now!! That means… that I have a free dayyyy!!

 

 I got up and the radio.

 

«Everyday-ay-ay-aye….»

 

OH!

That’s what I call luck! B1A4’s «What’s happening»!

This is the song that I listen to when I’m happy. And now, I feel even happier! Yaaay!! ^0^

It’s my chance to go out and have some fun.

I don’t even remember the last time that I went out with a company of people of the same age. They aren’t exactly my friends, because I don’t think I have exactly real friends, but ANYWAYS, I’m having fun with them.

 

Not all of them from my school though.

My school… This school was a really bad experience. It was the school that they sent me after I became 16… A high-class high school. Full of snobbish brats and sassy es.

 

 My family name is quite popular, but in there we were all almost on equal terms. This means that we were all coming from popular and rich families. Still, they were trying to find again the weaker ones and use them for their entertainment.

 Unfortunately, I was one of them. I have no idea why. But I was.

 

 I ended up jumping on my bed as the song went on, shouting the lyrics with excitement. This is really stress relieving!

 

The only person that I’m still talking from there is Yeseo. Good girl, eager to have fun and enjoy life to the full. Her family, the Nams, weren’t the richest among our classmates, but she never seemed to bother about that, even though some of the es always cared to remind her. How nice of them. =_=

 

Ah… So many hurtful moments.

I was trying to convince my parents to send me to ANY other school. In vain. I couldn’t tell them details of what was happening to me. They wouldn’t care anyways.

 

«St. George College is the best of the best, for the best of the best. You have to stay there, dear…»

 

That was the answer I was always receiving. And I, one of the best of the best, stayed at the place I «belonged», according to my parents…

 

 As soon as the song finished, I jumped from my bed on the floor and hurried to grab my mobile. I dialed the number without second thought and put it on my ear.

 

«Yoboseyo?» Yeseo’s voice was heard, a fuss of other voices accompanying her.

«Anyeong there! Here’s April.» I smiled to myself.

«Oh, hi there, my precious! How are you?»

«Good… Finally, a day that I can say that! What about you?»

«I’m perfect… Hanging out, here, with some buddies. Wanna join?»

«Oh, really? That would be daebak! I don’t know about my parents, tho…»

«Aish… You have got too used to their control. You’re an adult now. Do what you really want!» she sounded a little annoyed.

«Easy to say…» I bit my nail. «Anyways, I’m coming. Where can I find you?»

«We’re at the Starbucks downtown. I’ll wait for you, OK?»

«Is anyone else I know there, with you?»

«Hmm, well… Seojin is here, Eunji, Dongwoo and… Who else? Ah, Geunsuk also.»

 

Geunsuk? Oh…

 

«OK, cool… I’ll be there in a while.»

 

I hanged up and breathed slowly. I have to wear something nice and leave, before anyone appears and ruins my day.

 

I opened my wardrobe and got my jeans shorts and a loose baby pink shirt. I fixed my hair with a clipper and put on my white Allstars.

 

Ready, set, go.

Now that I still can.

 

 

 

 

Reader’s POV

Mr Park gave some more instructions to his new secretary and sat back in his comfortable chair.

 

Miss Kim isn’t very experienced and she needs constant guidance. It was a shame that his previous secretary, Mrs Chae, had to leave that urgently her position because of her pregnancy’s problems.

 Pregnancies can be troublesome for a business, Mr Park thought and rubbed his temples.

 

His phone rang and he pressed the loud speaker’s button.

 

«Yes, miss Kim?»

«Mr Seo is on the other line, sir.»

«Connect us, please.»

«Yes, sir.»

 

He coughed a little to clean his throat and lifted the phone, bringing it to his ear.

 

«Hello? Sungjong?» he half closed his eyes.

«Hello, Yeongmin. Seo Sungjong here. How are you doing?»

«Good. A little lost with our production numbers, but we’re taking care of it.»

«Haha, I understand, about the same here. This is what happens every September. I believe, though, that in a couple of weeks everything will be done and we will be able to relax again. Especially if the issue with our kids is also done.»

«Yes… About that… I was about to call you too. What are we doing with this issue?»

«I think it’s about time to tell them… Sooner or later they’ll find out and -besides that- the wedding will have to be done soon, right?»

«Yes… I agree on this… So, are we telling them everything and simply?»

«No, no Yeongmin! Not like this… They might be listening to us quite a lot, but a marriage is an important matter. And one with no way back. They won’t be convinced easily… I think that –unfortunately- we will have to tell them a lie to convince them…»

«Like?»

«It’s simple. When my son starts protesting, I’ll tell him that your daughter has already agreed on the wedding. In the same way, if your daughter starts protesting, you’ll tell her that my son has already agreed also.»

«Hmm… Yes, that might be a good solution.»

«They won’t have any reason to doubt us. They don’t talk with each other in any other case, apart from our visits to each other, anyways.»

«You are right… I think this will go well, Sungjong.»

«I think the same. I will do it today, so please, let’s synchronize, alright?»

«Of course, I understand. I can tell her even now.»

«Great. I will look for my son also to tell him.»

«Good. We keep in touch then. Good day!»

«Good day!»

 

He hanged up and bit his bottom lip thoughtfully.

 

Then, he lifted his mobile again and called his wife.

 

«Hi Anna. Give me our daughter… She isn’t home?... And where were you, Anna?... Ah… Arasso. I’ll call her…»

 

 

 

 

April’s POV

 

 

 

I found a seat between of Yeseo and Geunsuk. I feel my cheeks a little red already… I missed the bus from the central square and I had to come here on foot.

 But it’s OK. These moments of freedom are definitely worth it.

 

Yeseo looked at me and smiled, tacking her recently dyed blonde hair behind her ear.

I felt Geunsuk’s eyes on my back also.

 

«You made it! I’m so proud of you, my dear… We’re gonna have a good time here.» she patted my back and I smiled back.

«Ah, I’m so happy to be here, really. I’m sure we will have a good time… Thanks for inviting me.»

«Haha, no worries my dear. Say hi to the rest of the company. You already know Dongwoo, Eunji, Seojin and Geunsuk… Here are also Taekwoon, Seunghyun and Sunhwa.»

«Hi guys… NIce to meet you.» I waved and felt blushing.

«Hi there… April?» the girl named Sunhwa half-closed her eyes.

«Yes, that’s right. I have a Korean name also… My Korean name is Aerin.» I rubbed the back of my neck.

«I don’t know which one is better for a lovely creature like you…» I heard a husky voice next to my ear.

 

My heart racing immediately crazily, I turned my head and faced Geunsuk.

He’s smirking in his usual way… In his usual, so promising way.

 

«Ah… Th- thanks… Ah, call me as you prefer, I guess…» I mumbled and I mentally slapped myself.

«Aish, don’t act every time like we meet for the first time.» he laughed and grabbed his glass of coffee.

«Ehm… I’m sorry. It comes out naturally.»

«This means you are naturally shy. I like that.» he smirked again, without looking at me, and lit a cigarette.

 

I gulped and felt my feet going numb.

Omoooo >0<

 

I laughed like an idiot and immediately averted my look to Yeseo’s and Seojin’s conversation.

They’re talking about the latest fashion show in Seoul.

 

«…April has a good taste in fashion. She’s really keen on vintage stuff…» Yeseo looked at me to help me join the conversation, but I simply smiled and nodded.

 

Geunsuk and Seojin are siblings. Seojin is the same age as we are and Geunsuk is 2 years older. Dongwoo is a good friend of his, same age as him.

They met with Yeseo in the Tennis Club… She was going there a few months before me, so she greeted them first. Soon, though, somehow, we kind of became a company. At least when we were going to the Tennis Club. I haven’t been there for a long time… It must be since June.

 

Geunsuk is a really popular guy among the girls of the Club… No wonder why.

He’s handsome, charming, cool and a little of a «bad boy»…

I kind of… I kind of like him.

 

I noticed Yeseo coughing.

 

«Tell us about the Gucci fashion show you attended the previous week…» she nudged me with her elbow.

«Ah… Yeah. The fabrics were amazing. The colors really beautiful too. However… the design of a couple of clothes was just too much. At least for my tastes…» I played with my fingers.

«I think I know about what you are talking. I watched the video and I had the same opinion about some designs.» Seojin moved her hands and head in confirmation of my words.

«Wanna a cigarette?» Geunsuk patted my shoulder.

 I raised an eyebrow, noticing that almost everyone from the company was holding a cigarette.

 

«Ah, ehm… I don’t think I…» I was saying, when my mobile started ringing.

 

I huffed and pulled it out of my pocket.

 

«Yes, appa?»

«Where are you?»

«Downtown.»

«Alone?»

«With some… friends.» I looked at Geunsuk, who is now talking with that guy named Seunghyun.

«We have to talk. Come back home immediately.»

«What…? I just arrived here!»

«I said you have to come back!»

«But… What if I don’t want to?» I lowered my voice, feeling embarrassed.

«As long as you live in the same house as me and your mother, you have to follow our program and rules. I don’t want to hear anything more. I will be waiting for you. The driver will be waiting for you in the central square.»

 

And with that, he hanged up.

 

I felt tears cutting my eyes. No, not now. I can’t cry now.

 

I simply got up and fixed my shirt with unstable hands.

 

«I have to go.» I said and tried to cover my shaky voice.

«Already?» Geunsuk raised an eyebrow.

«Yeah… Already. Sorry. I hope I will see you soon again.» I looked at everyone and hurried to walk away.

 

Yeseo, however, followed me and grabbed my arm.

 

«What happened? You are all pale and your eyes are red.» she whispered.

«Nothing… I just have to go.» I whispered back, avoiding to look at her.

«Listen to me… Fight for your freedom. Just do it, OK?» she held my arm firmly. 

 

I simply bowed my head and turned to leave.

 

She’s right, but what can I do?

 

 

--

 

 

I sat in front of my father’s office and sniffed my nose.

 

I was crying in the car. I felt so embarrassed.

 

«Were you crying?» my dad sounded surprised.

«None of your business.» I said bitterly.

«How dare you be so rude?» he raised his tone.

 

I didn’t talk back and I heard him sighing deeply.

 

«I didn’t call you for an irrelevant matter. It’s something really important that I have decided and you needed to know as soon as possible…» he got up and started walking around the room.

 

Oh my God… What again..??

 

I didn’t talk again and he, after coughing a little went on.

 

«Well… I decided you are getting married.»

«WHAT?» I literally screamed and got up from my chair.

 

My mom invaded in the room, her face really pale and worried.

 

«Calm down!» my father yelled.

«What the hell are you talking about??» I huffed again, holding my head and feeling my chest full of anger.

«Sit back down and listen to me!» my father pointed at the chair.

«Listen to him, my dear child.» my mom approached me and caressed my back.

 

I sat down, my whole body shaking.

 

«With… whom?» I asked, my voice cracking, as tears were running down on my cheeks.

«With Seo’s son. Seo Youngjun.»

 

By hearing his name, I felt slightly calmer.

 

I didn’t manage to hold back a chuckle.

 

«Youngjun would never agree on something like that.» my voice sounded sarcastic.

«He already did.» my dad moved his shoulders.

 

I literally melted in my chair. I didn’t really expect that.

 

«Why…?» I whispered.

«Our cooperation with his father is going well… We are joining our businesses together. I think it will be an even stronger bond if we have our children married and…»

«So, you are doing all these for your ing businesses??» I yelled again, but my father hit his desk with his hand.

«Let me finish! Youngjun is a serious and remarkable man. I am sure he will take good care of you and that you will live happily in your own house.»

«You don’t know what you are talking about!» I brushed my hair with my fingers and breathed heavily.

 

However panicked I am, a particular phrase that my dad said sounded nice to me.

 

«In your own house»…

 

My own house?

 

That means without my parents. That means NONE of their stupid rules. My own separate life!

They won’t be able to control me anymore!

 

But…why Youngjun said yes?

Could it be that he has feelings for me…?

No, that would ruin the plan that just formed in my mind.

 

I breathed slowly and tried to gather my thoughts.

I had stopped crying for a minute now.

 

«Say something, my April…» my mom sounded sad.

«Well… OK. But before we do, arrange or say anything more, I want to talk with him.» I looked at both of them with determination.

«I don’t think he has the time my dear… We will discuss these things altogether…» my dad moved his hands.

«But I…»

«Altogether my dear. I understand your impatience, but you will just have to wait a little.»

 I tried to smile.

 

I am still shocked, but this plan of mine is quite cool.

However, I REALLY have to talk with Youngjun.

And even if my dad isn’t eager to help me with that, it’s OK.

I am gonna do it myself.

 

 

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

I played a note on my guitar and immediately grabbed my pen to write it down.

I can hear Hanbyul humming from the room next door, while Hyoseok and Kyumin can also be heard giggling, probably playing some kind of game again. Kwangyeon is looking at me, trying to imitate my moves on his (so popular) pink guitar.

 

«Guitar is so relaxing…» he smiled, his voice hardly heard.

«I know. Even more than your bass though?» I raised an eyebrow, playing the part again from the beginning.

«Ah, no…» he grinned and stopped his efforts. «Still, I want you to teach me everything.»

«I will. I already do.»

«Yeah, I know. Thanks hyungie.»

 

«OUCH!»

 

That was Hanbyul.

 

«Yah, what are you doing again??» I yelled.

Kwangyeon left the guitar aside and got up.

 

«Idiot, be careful!» Hanbyul was heard again.

«What are you doing again?» Yeonnie rolled his eyes and hurried to the room next door.

 

The noises of the fight went on and afterwards a pillow or something like that was also heard falling on the floor or on the head of any of my brainless friends.

Kwangyeon’s interruption.

Kwangyeon’s comforting words again.

In vein.

Kwangyeon joining the fight.

 

Aish.

 

I got up, huffing intensely.

These guys again…

 

I invaded the room and found all of them, a human ball, tangled on the floor, still pushing and kicking each other.

 

«STOP! YAH! Guys, stop!» I shouted and clapped my hands.

 

They finally stopped and looked at me.

 

«I am trying to practice! And you are not helping!» I moved my hands angrily.

«I was about to say the same thing!» Hanbyul got up, dusting his clothes.

«Hyungie, that’s why you have to stay here and control things.» Hyoseok pushed Kyumin away from him and got up, too.

«You are not babies anymore…» I massaged my temples. «But, I really wish I could be staying here, too.» I smiled and sat on the floor, next to Kyumin and Kwangyeon.

«We are a family and families stay together.» Hyoseok pouted and rolled next to me.

 

 Gomi and Byeol, our dogs, appeared on the door, moving their tails happily and looking at our little family moment curiously.

 

«Come here, buddies.» I patted my thigh and both the dogs ran towards me and started jumping, trying to reach my face. «Hey, easy!» I laughed and the others joined me.

 

Hanbyul got in the room again with a chocolate. He joined us and sighed. In his extended hand, the chocolate bar was separated in 5 pieces.

 

I smiled, without looking at them.

 

«I will be here guys… Sooner or later I’ll be here for good.»

 

 

 

Reader’s POV

 

 

Youngjun got in his parents’ all dark house as quietly as possible, his guitar on his back. It was already late night.

He overdid it at the LEDApple dorm, but he was having a good time. He didn’t want to leave at all.

 He passed like a cat by the main hall and he was about to go on, upstairs, when suddenly a voice was heard from the dark living room.

 

«You are very late.»

 

He slightly jumped and felt his breath being cut.

 

«Are you pretending to be the Dracula, waiting in the darkness like this, father??» he whined and got in the room that his father was sitting slowly.

 

He didn’t turn on any light. He was totally OK with darkness, as everyone knew.

 

«I am not joking. I called you and left a bunch of messages. Where were you?» his father tensed a little.

 

Youngjun finally managed to spot him seated in his favorite armchair, next to the fireplace.

 

«Out.»

«Where?»

«You know what? I am not obliged to tell you. I am an adult.»

«As long as you live in MY house, you are going to follow MY rules, get it? Now, sit down!» Mr Seo yelled, hitting the arm of his armchair intensely.

 

Youngjun sighed and rolled his eyes.

 

Blah, blah.

 

He had heard this stuff like a million times in his life.

 

«I prefer to go upstairs and sleep. I am very tired.»

«I don’t care what you prefer right now. I have to announce you something… Something important.»

«What?» Youngjun asked with boredom.

«You are getting married.»

 

A natural gasp escaped his lungs and he put his hands behind his neck.

 

«You are kidding right?»

«No, I don’t.»

 

The young man started laughing.

«So, you wanted to «announce» me about MY marriage? Does this even make sense to you? People usually make announcements about things that have to do with them. And MY ing life has nothing to do with you!» he yelled.

«Shut your rude mouth and listen to me. You are getting married to the Park’s daughter. Along with our businesses’ cooperation, this will be a great way to make the bond between our families stronger.»

«So, for your stupid businesses, you are going to destroy two young people’s lives??» Youngjun moved around the room, unable to calm down.

«Park Aerin, April, is a good and quiet girl. You are not going to be unhappy with her by your side. You are going to have your own house, wherever you want it and live together your own comfortable life.»

«You have gone craz…» Youngjun was saying, when he suddenly stopped and thought.

 

What his father was saying was… interesting.

«Our own house… Whenever we want it… Our own life…» his mind raced like crazy. «This is our chance to escape this nightmare…»

 

«OK, you surprised me, but since you insist… I can think of it.» he talked to his father, his voice still sarcastic and bitter.

«There’s nothing to think of. April has already agreed on this.»

 

Youngjun gasped for a second time and suddenly felt blushing.

 

She agreed? Already? Could it be… that she…?

 

«Are you sure about that?»

«Yes, of course I am. Her father told me this morning.»

«But… why?» the boy mumbled for the first time during the conversation.

«What do you mean «why»? She is obviously happy with the idea.»

 

No.

If April had feelings for him, that immediately ruined his plan.

He had to talk with her.

 

«I need to talk with her then.» he moved his hands, but his father directly stopped him.

«We will talk altogether soon. We have a lot to discuss.»

«But…»

«No but. Go to bed now.»

 

Youngjun stood there for a while, not knowing what to think, do or say. He bit his nail.

 

His mind was still racing.

 

Suddenly, he turned and left the room without any other word to his father.

Once upstairs, he opened the door in his room, left his guitar there, but didn’t stay in. He got out again and soundlessly headed for the staff’s section of the house. He heard his father’s footsteps on the stairs and he hid behind the bathroom’s open door.

 He literally held his breath, until his father reached his bedroom and closed the door behind him.

Then, he went on and reached Eunsun’s room. He got in, without knocking the door, and found her in her bed, but awake, looking at him. A small bulb was only .

 

«You are awake?» he asked, with a little husky voice.

«Yes… I was waiting for you to come back. You were late tonight.»

«Don’t start the same with my dad, nana… He just told me that…»

«I know… I heard everything. Even before you come, when he was discussing with your mother. Look, I’m sorry Youngjun…» she tried to get up but Youngjun stopped her.

«No, no need for these, nana. I have a plan. But I need your help. Do you think you can find me the Park’s daughter mobile number? I need it quickly.»

«You don’t have it?»

«I wouldn’t be asking you.»

 

The woman sighed, but nodded.

 

«I will do whatever I can, my dear child.»

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: Hey guys~^^ I finally updated! I had a really tough month because of University exams, but I'm now here, so I hope you like! ;) Thank you for your subscriptions and views! Any comments are of course welcomed~ ^0^ Take care til next time!! ^^ <3