Let's get married

The secret of the music box

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

Gomi jumped and grabbed from my hand the piece of pork that I was about to eat. I looked at her with mouth half- opened and sighed.

Hanbyul instead laughed.

 

«This dog did exactly what I was thinking!» he kept laughing and I narrowed him with my eyes.

«I was about to feed it to her anyways!» I said, about to laugh, too.

«Yeah, right.» he nodded sarcastically, drinking a shot of his beer can.

 

Kwangyeon- frowning a little- ate a small ball of rice and looked at me carefully.

 

«Hyungie, to be honest, I never expected that I would celebrate with you, at your bachelor party so soon… It’s kind of weird, isn’t it?» he widened his innocent eyes in his usual way, whenever something is surprising him or so.

«Kind of? It’s the most unexpected thing that has happened in my life after meeting you dorks… In that case, the unexpected was the best. In this case, it’s kind of unlikely to be so though…» I smiled, a little thoughtfully maybe and pulled Byeol in my hug, as he had been jumping in front of my face for half an hour now.

 

Hanbyul huffed.

 

«What I know is this: bachelor party without any girls? This is no bachelor!»

«Oh shut up. I’ll tell Ivy everything you say here.» I pushed him with my free hand and laughed.

«This thing you do is unfair… I can’t threaten you in the same with your future wife because I don’t even know her!» he whined  and Kwangyeon looked at him in disbelief.

«Where you serious about the girls thing? Ah jeez, I’m gonna say everything to your girlfriend!» he pouted.

«Hell no, man. I can’t even joke in this house!» Hanbyul whined again and we were about to go on teasing him, when Gomi got up, barking and wiggling her tail happily. Byeol looked at her lazily from my hug but in the end didn’t bother joining her.

  Hyoseok and Kyumin got in the house, Gomi jumping around them, obviously smelling the pizza that these two were carrying with them.

 

«Cola and pizza for the family arrived!» Hyoseok grinned and clapped, passing his bags to Kyumin, who frowned funnily.

«Yah, I ain’t your servant!»

«What? Who asked you?» Hyoseok giggled and pushed the maknae.

«Yah, yah, be quiet!» I threw my slipper at them and they both grinned at me. «You got pizza, too? Guys, we already have pork and rice here.»

«Pizza is always welcomed…» Hanbyul smirked and opened the box with Kyumin, smelling the pizza noisily.

«Bleh, you are disgusting…» Kwangyeon put his tongue out. «Sniffing our food like that…»

«You’re gonna eat it anyways, no?» Kyumin grinned.

  Kwangyeon and me rolled our eyes.

 

«I think I ain’t eating anything else. My face will be swollen tomorrow. They’ll mistake me for a clown or a balloon. I’ll be funny enough with those clothes on me…» I massaged my temples and sighed.

«Yeah, more pizza for us!» Hyoseok beamed and grabbed two slices together.

«We will take a lot of photos and laugh at you forever.» Hanbyul nudged me and I tensed.

«What? Are you crazy? You aren’t coming…»

«Why?» they asked in chorus, all looking at me at the same time.

Huffing, I got up.

«Because no one can see you, dorks! It’s dangerous…»

«But… we want to be there for you…» Kwangyeon sighed sadly and looked at the floor.

«And laugh at yo…» Hyoseok was saying, but Hanbyul capped his mouth firmly.

 

Unconsciously, I smiled. I love my dorks.

 

«I’ll show you the photos. I promise.»

«It’s not the same…» Hyoseok kept whining.

«Enough…» Hanbyul said with boredom and they looked at each other.

 

Uh-ho. I don’t like that.

But what can I do…?

Tie them on their beds and lock them in here…?

Sounds like an effective solution, but how am I really gonna do that?

 

I coughed and tried to change subject.

 

«You did an extremely good job today, Hyoseok, Kwangttok… How did the recording go for you guys?» I looked at the vocalists.

«It was good, I think.» Kyumin nodded, his mouth stuffed with food.

«Yeah… We stopped for today before the second refrain. Gonna do it all over again the day after tomorrow.» Hanbyul added, more cheerfully than he should.

«Aish, you are not practicing enough again…» I looked at him with the corner of my eyes and he looked away, acting innocent.

«Tell him I practice enough!» he nudged the maknaes, pretending to be insulted.

I looked at Kyumin.

«Of course he doesn’t hyung.» he grinned and Hanbyul slapped his nape.

«Yah, tell the truth!» he grabbed Kyumin tightly from his nape like a puppy.

«OK, OK, he does!» Kyumin whimpered.

«Blackmailing the witness… Tsk tsk.» I giggled and hugged both of them.

«FAMILY HUG!» Hyoseok yelled and jumped, drifting Kwangyeon with him, pulling him all the way to our hug, squeezing however he could all of us, his oily lips from pizza close to our faces.

«Ugh, get your oily face away, you rat!» Hanbyul tried to push him in vain, laughing at the same time.

 

My eyes went blur and I felt great warmth from this hug, taking a tight grip on my friends’ T-shirts. I buried my head among theirs and tried not to show my emotion.

I was feeling very nervous a while ago, even though I didn’t show it and tried to forget it.

Now, it’s all gone.

 

 

 

April’s POV

 

 

Yeseo her lips before drinking a strong shot of vodka. She then rest her head on the sofa’s pillow behind her.

 I started feeling a little dizzy just a while ago; could it be that I drank my own vodka and then tried a little from Geunsuk’s whiskey?

I didn’t like any of them, but after the first shot, I could swallow it without grimacing…

Ah, I don’t know. My head turns though.

  My friend nudged me with her elbow.

 

«Sleepy already? It’s only 1 a.m…» she giggled, her voice echoing a little in my ears.

«No, hell no. I’m still alive and kicking. Ready to partyy!» I mumbled and tried to get up.

 

The club is packed with people. I only know a few of them. And only Geunsuk and Yeseo know that we’re out celebrating my last day «as a single».

I somewhere spotted Dongwoo and Taekwoon trying to get to dance with two girls. Eunji and Seunghyun were dancing together, kissing passionately every now and then.

Momentarily, I felt uneasy.

My ears are feeling kind of plugged up since the moment we set foot here. I’ll get used to it though.

I have slowly started living the life, right?

 

I grinned to myself and supporting on Yeseo, I got up and headed for the bar. I pulled my short red dress, that Geunsuk bought for me, down, as two guys looked clearly at my legs, as I passed in front of them.

 

I reached my destination with slow and uncertain steps, resting my head in my hands, my elbows on the counter.

 

The bartender noticed me and approached with a professional smile.

 

«So, here’s the girl with the red lips…» he rest his head on his hand, imitating me, his face quite close to mine.

«Yeah…» I smiled back, my eyes half-opened.

Did I just try to flirt back or whatever?

 

«Get me another vodka…» I moved my hand lazily, my knees feeling a little weak.

«And what do I get in exchange?» he raised an eyebrow and came even closer.

 

Something worried me and I pulled a little back.

 

«I don’t know… We will see…» I said, trying to smile again, thinking that I won’t probably see him again, so I didn’t need to necessarily reject him.

He sighed playfully, still looking at me.

 

«OK, I’ll live with it for the time being…» he winked and hurried to get my drink.

 

Wow… I would never imagine that I somehow got it with men…

Do I?

Oh, what am I even talking about?

 

I played with my fingers with boredom.

My drink appeared in front of me, when I sensed someone behind me.

 

Geunsuk’s hand appeared from nowhere and pushed the glass with my vodka back to the bartender. He bent next to my ear, the other guy looking at us intensely.

 

«You had enough drinks, you aren’t used to it yet. Besides… if you get really drunk, you will be feeling and looking really crap for your wedding…» he almost kissed my ear, pressing his lips on it.

 

I felt getting hotter.

 

«Looking crap..?» I smirked and turned to face him.

«Yeah, that’s not possible… My drink started getting to me along with your gorgeous looks and I’m confusing my words already…» he smiled and passed his arms around my waist.

 

«You didn’t mention having a boyfriend…» the bartender’s voice was heard faintly.

«Oh, no… What an omission. Bad girl.» Geunsuk chuckled and walked away with me in his hug, pulling me on the dance floor.

«Let’s dance.» he whispered again in my ear.

I left myself free in his arms and started dancing to the music’s rhythm…

All the moments with him… They feel like a dream…

I rubbed my face on his shoulder and he tightened his embracement, his hands lowering a little from my waist.

 

The wedding is tomorrow…

Wow, I can’t actually realise it.

But I’m not scared… I mean, I’m kind of ready.

Ready for the new stuff.

It’s gonna be fine.

I have Yeseo and the rest of the guys and I’m actually going out with Geunsuk. Minus my parents and especially my father. Sounds ideal already. I can almost say that I’m looking forward to it.

My new room is already so warm and cosy, as if it is waiting for me for the upcoming winter. And our double apartment feels like a paradise already. It is one of the reasons that I feel excited, along with everything previous.

 

«So… ready for tomorrow?» Geunsuk asked me, resting his forehead on mine.

«Yeah, yeah. I feel more ready than ever.» I nodded playfully.

«Good, great to hear that. I was ready to cheer you up though…» he kissed my cheek and then my neck.

 

A soft moan escaped my lips and I cringed closer to him.

 

«No need to. Let’s focus on something different…» I whispered back.

«I wanted to ask about your future husband… What’s his name again?»

«Youngjun. Seo Youngjun.»

«Is he old?»

«Old..? No, not really. He’s 23.»

«Ah, so, quite close to our age.»

«Yeah, obviously. Ohh what’s your point, oppa?» I tsk’d in annoyance.

«Nothing… Just… What kind of guy is he? Is he one that can be trusted to have him around?» he lowered his eyes.

I smiled.

How cute.

He cares and worries for me… Omgg!

«Oh, oppa… Youngjun-sshi is a nice person. You haven’t met any quieter guy than him, trust me. He enjoys scolding me and being mean with me, but I think he has a kind heart…» I tried to swallow a yawn.

«Scolding you? What? Why?»

«Oh, literally for everything. Things that I never thought that were wrong, he always proves me that they are terribly wrong in the way I do them. I don’t understand or pay attention most of the times… I don’t even know if this makes sense to you right now…» I felt my eyes heavier.

«He sounds like a pain in the…»

I capped his mouth.

«I don’t know. He might be. But he’s safe. He keeps saying that he will barely be in the house anyways…»

He moved his head intensely to remove my hand.

«Have you set any limits about your common life? Like… He can touch you?»

«Oh, come on, oppa…» I started saying, but at the same time, I felt a little worried.

 

The truth is that we didn’t talk in so many details about such stuff…

Omo…

I gulped.

«…I’m sure that there’ll be no such issue. I can’t even imagine why Youngjun would want or try to touch me, at least in a worrying way…» I laughed nervously.

«Oh, God, you are so innocent, April… There are many ways and reasons that a guy would touch a girl…» he sighed.

«No, don’t do this now, oppa… It’s gonna be fine. I’m… I’m sure. We’re beyond this stuff with Youngjun. We barely have a proper conversation whenever we meet…» I tried to laugh again.

«I hope so…»

«I only need positive thoughts. And all this about Youngjun isn’t very positive. Can you stop it…?» I murmured, feeling extremely dizzy all of a sudden.

 

My knees felt weak again and I closed my eyes, clenching Geunsuk’s T-shirt with my fingers.

 

 

--

 

 

I yawned for the 20th time and stirred my milk and honey with the spoon.

Seohee came and stood next to me, patting my back.

 

«You came back very late last night, or should I say today morning, agasshi…» she smiled and headed for the sink to wash my parents’ dishes from lunch.

«Do not comment on obvious things…» I huffed and massaged my temples.

«It’s fine, agasshi. You slept more than enough to have a great and bright skin for today. How do you feel?»

«My skin? It feels as usual.» I didn’t even look at her and drank a little from my cup.

«Ah, no, agasshi. I mean, how is your mood for your wedding… You must be very excited and nervous at the same time!» she clapped her hands with a completely unknown to me excitement.

«About the wedding…? Just keep the second part, plus bored and uninterested.» I moved my hand, sighing with boredom.

«Oh agasshi, you must be very nervous to say such stuff!» Seohee giggled. «The ceremony has to be something you’ll enjoy. As for the things you’ll do when you get to your new home tonight… But I guess you have talked about these with your mother already.» she smiled and patted  my back meaningfully.

  I widened my eyes and almost chocked with my milk.

 

 «Seohee! What the…» I was saying, when I finally started coughing.

 She patted my back again to help me; in vain, she already killed me in multiple ways!

 

«Ah, agasshi, I can’t believe that you are getting married and leave this house… It seems like yesterday that you were running around and jumping in the pool only in your …» she sniffed her nose and wiped her eyes.

 

I felt blushing.

 

God, how more embarrassing can this get?

 

«Seohee…» I murmured and got up from my chair.

«… Or when I first led you to your school bus for the first day in school…» she squeezed me in her hug, almost stopping my breath.

«Seohee…» I tried to say again.

«… And from today on you’ll be a woman… Oh my…»

«Seohee!» I finally raised my tone and she stopped abruptly her affection, looking at me with lowered, kind of guilty eyes.

«I appreciate your love and emotion, but I have to go and get ready, right? I’ll see you again in the wedding, OK?» I tried to smile and patted her shoulder.

She nodded and I left, almost running.

 

I avoided meeting anyone and locked myself in my bathroom. My mom is downstairs, making the last phonecalls about me hair and make up. My dad is already at the wedding hall with Mr. Seo. Maybe Youngjun is there, too.

 

Was it normal that I thought of him now…?

 

What the heck, April =_= This is ridiculous, it’s my wedding day and I’m getting married to Youngjun, so why would it be weird to think of him? The opposite would probably be weird.

Ah, jeez, I’m going crazy. Everyone here has driven me crazy!

 

I don’t even know how to feel anymore. I’ve put labels on my feelings, on people, on everything! This isn’t very nice and it only gets me feeling guilty and more confused than I already am.

 

I huffed and –supporting my hands on the basin’s counter- looked at my reflection; I don’t see any beauty or freshness here. Yesterday night I was feeling very pretty and desired.

 

I barely remember why; a flirt with the bartender, Yeseo’s supporting words, Geunsuk dancing only with me.

Yeah, that’s  it. An unpleasant feeling annoyed me though and I instantly tried to remember what had been said or happened.

Na-ha. The last thing I clearly remember is dancing with oppa, after he had almost cursed the bartender…

 

Ugh, whatever.

 

I brushed my hair with my fingers nervously.

 

I have to bathe. No time to waste.

 

For a moment, Seohee’s voice echoed in my mind. All these words for the wedding’s first night and becoming a woman and etc, would have been so stressful if… If, you know, the wedding was real and everything…

 

I gulped, but mentally slapped myself.

Time to move on!

 

I bathed slowly and a little thoughtfully. I started doing everything automatically, my mind absorbed into various thoughts and fantasies.

 It’s unbelievable that I’m leaving this house and this room that I grew up in. Not that I feel sad; it just feels awkward. You know, that kind of numbness and nervousness, in all heart, mind and body. Like every time that something new starts. A combination of stress and excitement. I don’t know if this excitement is an exactly positive one though.

 

 Lost in my mind’s paths, I hardly realised how I got casually dressed, grabbed my white slippers and headed for our car. The driving was relatively silent for me, my mom trying to open a conversation with me in vain; my answers were short and bored. She ended up discussing fervently with my two grandmas, that were with us in the car and hadn’t stopped patting my back or squeezing me in their arms with an unknown to me thrill, about our «honey moon».

  I sighed with annoyance.

 

«We decided to leave it for summer, we’ve already discussed it. Besides, Youngjun has his job also…» I coughed awkwardly.

We have indeed decided to use this excuse about summer to delay this honey moon thing, with the secret hope that it will never eventually need to happen. Summer seems like centuries away for the time being anyways.

«Job? Haha, his father will definitely give him a break for his wife’s sake…» my dad’s mother giggled with extreme certainty.

 I coughed again.

 

«Youngjun doesn’t work with his father…» my mom smiled nervously.

«What? Really? But his father has such a large and strong company… And where does he work then?» my grandma sounded a little sarcastic.

 

My mom looked at me for help, but I moved my shoulders.

 

«I have no idea.» I sighed, causing surprised looks by my two grandmas.

«What do you mean?» both of them widened their eyes, but, our arrival at the wedding hall, gave me the chance to avoid answering the question with the «shocking» answer: I really have no idea where Youngjun is working. And… you know, I never dared to ask more about it anyways.

 

He’s such a secret guy, jeez.

 

I was rushed to the bride’s changing room from the back door of the hall, as some first guests and some family members had already arrived.

I thought that Youngjun should be somewhere around here too.

How must he be feeling also…

It’s hard for both of us, isn’t it?

The view of the wedding dress made me gulp noisily. My legs went numb and my hands sweated.

 

Thankfully (kind of), the hairdresser and the make up artist immediately occupied me and my head enough to distract me. Otherwise, everyone would have noticed me getting as pale as a piece of paper.

 

I checked the clock after what I thought just a while. Still, almost two have passed already; we’re just twenty minutes away from the ceremony. I gulped once again and looked at myself in the mirror. My make up is light as I requested and my hair loosely held on a low bun, some of my front tufts naughtily escaping from it and tickling my forehead. Sighing, I jumped into the wedding dress that my mom and the hairdresser were holding for me; that kind of usual, fluffy, princess- like thing. I wanted to keep it as comfy as possible. I had no mood for something more of course.

  I looked again in the mirror, after my slippers were on my feet also and I felt like crying. This is almost ridiculous!

 

 My mom seemed very proud, looking at the same sight from behind me.

«You’re a pretty girl, miss.» the hairdresser smiled as she was leaving the room.

«Thank you my dear.» my mom hurried to say for me, noticing my awkward silence. «Are you ready, child?» she held me from my shoulders and smiled.

«No…» I lowered my eyes, feeling weak. «No, I’m not at all.»

 

Mom sighed.

 

«You are. You just feel stressed out right now. I know you are ready.»

«You know nothing obviously.» I said bitterly, raising my tone.

Mom opened to protest immediately, but a knock on the door interrupted her.

«Come in, please.» she finally said with a shaky voice, still looking at me with sad eyes.

 

 An old lady came in, a very elegant old lady, wearing a beautiful hanbok, her snow white hair dragged on a firm and perfect bun.

«Annyeonghaseyo, ajumeoni, how can I help you?» my mom said.

«Annyeonghaseyo, girls. I am Lee Seulki, Youngjun’s grandmother.»

 

I felt weird but hurried to be kind.

«Nice to meet you ajumeoni. I am April Park Aerin.» I smiled and bowed.

«Ah yes, of course, my dear. I’m so pleased to meet you. You are the prettiest bride I’ve ever seen!»

 

I felt blushing.

 

«Thank you, ajumeoni!»

«Don’t call me ajumeoni, my child. From today on, I’ll be your halmeoni also, right?» she smiled and I swallowed roughly, my throat feeling dry.

«As you wish, halmeoni…» I murmured, looking at my mom.

«I’ll leave you on your own now. I have to go out, to the guests. Excuse me, eomeoni.» she simply said and left.

 

I sighed and played with my fingers.

«I feel a slight tension…» the grandma said and took a seat on the chair that I was sitting until recently.

«Oh… Well… You know how moms and daughters can be…» I giggled like an idiot nervously.

 She laughed kindly.

«Oh, yes, I do… I really wanted to meet you… Youngjun is my weakness, you know.»

I felt tensing more.

«Ah… I see… He’s a remarkable man.» I mumbled, not knowing what exactly to say.

«He’s a very nice child… I wish you could meet his brother and sister, too.»

«He has two siblings? Really? And where are they now?» I gasped naturally.

She thought for a moment, as if measuring my reaction.

«You didn’t know…»

I just realised the stupid thing I said.

«Oh… I… I mean…» I started mumbling.

 

The grandma lifted her hand, signaling me to stop.

«No need to lie, young lady. I think I understand what is going on here. How didn’t I notice it immediately…» she scratched her head, seeming upset.

«Halmeoni, I am so sorry…» I approached her slowly, feeling uneasy that she realised everything in a matter of seconds, because of my mindless answer.

She suddenly turned and hugged me, patting my back gently.

«Oh, no need to be sorry, Aerin… Both my son and his wife and your parents should be feeling sorry… Why did they do that to you?»

«They… You know, halmeoni, business things…» I sighed and finally hugged her back.

«Ahh, this is really frustrating… I can’t believe it. I… Aish! My son is going to receive a nice scolding for this!» she roamed around the room, seeming really upset.

«No, no, halmeoni! You can not… Please… For Youngjun’s sake and mine sake, you cannot say anything please…»

 

She looked at me suspiciously, but then smiled.

 

«Aigoo, aigoo…» she patted my back. «Explain me everything, I’m all ears.»

 

I felt shy and awkward again, but this is the only way to keep our secret safe. And somehow briefly like this, I narrated everything to her. She grimaced, exclaimed and frowned a lot of times. In the end, her cheeks were slightly red and she moved her hands angrily.

 

 «Ohh, I can’t believe that those kids are so… Ugh! So despotic!»

 

I smiled at her, calling our parents «kids».

I guess that for parents their kids are always their «kids».

 

«Halmeoni…»

«No! I’m seriously upset with them! They ruined my grandson’s future and your future also, my dear girl. I’m going to tell them a few things, now, before anything actually happens!» she hurried to the door, but I gasped and almost jumped to reach her and stop her.

«No, halmeoni! Please… You understand… Our plan works positively for us, only if our parents know nothing… Think of it as a rescuing of our future, not a ruining. Living on our own, away from them, is our chance to live our lives as we always wanted to.» I sighed.

She imitated me and looked at the floor.

 

«But how can you enjoy your lives by constantly playing a role…?»

«It’s not exactly constant… And… we both agreed that… That it’s worth to sacrifice something, to gain something else.»

She seemed sadder than ever.

«Aish… Alright. But I don’t like this… I don’t like this at all.» she moved her finger instructively.

«Thank you! Thank you, halmeoni!» I hugged her again, feeling relieved.

An awkward silence followed, as I slowly pulled away.

She tried to smile and started looking for something in her small purse.

 

Carefully, she pulled out a thin, silver chain with a raindrop symbol hanging from it.

 

«This moment isn’t exactly as I expected it to be… But, anyways… I want you to take this gift from me.» she extended her hand and offered me the bracelet.

«Oh, halmeoni… You don’t need to…» I mumbled.

«No, I want you to take it. I really do.» she smiled and placed it in my palm, closing my fingers gently to hold it in.

I can’t deny it and offend her…

«Thank you so much, halmeoni… Thank you for everything.» I smiled back and bowed deeply in front of her.

 

 

 

Reader’s POV

 

 

Youngjun looked at his reflection in the mirror.

 

He had rarely felt THAT ridiculous.

Tuxedos and bow ties and such silly stuff, these things weren’t really for him.

But he had heard from various people that this is how you feel in days and moments like this anyways.

 

He sighed and bit his nail. He wasn’t pretty sure he was doing the right thing.

What if things didn’t develop as smoothly as planned?

 

He sighed again and rolled his eyes; too late for such thoughts.

 

He heard the door of the room opening and he turned, a little startled, to face his grandma.

«Halmeoni… What are you doing in here?» he scratched his head and hurried to hold her hand.

«I just wanted to check if you are alright, my dear. You seem a little pale… Nervous?» she smiled, in this way that always made Youngjun smile, too.

«Ehm, yeah, you can say so…»

«Relax. Everything will go perfectly. Your future wife seems a really sweet girl.» she patted his back.

«You met her…? I… I barely know her.» he moved his shoulders, lowering his voice as much as possible.

«I know.» she said with a completely relaxed expression, looking around the room. (Here, the young man coughed awkwardly, trying to hide his surprise from his grandma.) «And, yes, I did meet her. She’s really seems a sweet girl.»

«She’s spoiled.» he didn’t manage to hold in, but immediately covered his mouth. «I mean, you know… I…»

«Aigoo, aigoo. I know, Youngjun… Relax, kid.»

 

She smiled again and looked for something in her pocket. Once she pulled her hand out, a familiar music box was in it.

 

Youngjun- unconsciously- smiled too.

«How did you remember this?» he giggled.

«Well, I did… You were always asking about it when you were a kid… I couldn’t give you any answer about it. I can’t do that today either. The purpose is to find out its secret on your own. The process will make you realise a really important thing. I just hope it will be a thing that will make you incomparably happy, my dear child…» she put it in his palm and he hugged her tightly.

«Thank you. It means so much that you are here with me, halmeoni.» he whispered, receiving an equally tight hug from his grandma.

«I couldn’t be absent, dear, and you know it.» she caressed his cheeks gently. «Now… You have to go. Your bride is all ready. Take this as my extra gift for you. I gave one to your future wife also.» she pulled another thin chain from her other pocket, the shape of a jumping fish hanging from it.

 

«Couple bracelets…» he thought with dissatisfaction, trying not to show his boredom about it.

 

On the outside though, he smiled kindly.

«Thank you also for this, halmeoni. You didn’t need to…»

«Nah, don’t be silly. Now, off you go.» she scolded him playfully, patting his to push him out of the room.

--

 

Youngjun walked slowly the few meters that separated him from the waiting room. He suddenly stopped and turned around to seek for his grandma, but she was nowhere to be seen.

«You’re alone in this.» he thought and reached the meeting spot.

April was already there in her wedding dress, taking secret and nervous looks through the curtain.

He coughed to state his presence and she turned, startled.

 

«Ah… Youngjun-sshi. Hi.» she waved her hand in a hesitant greeting; he noticed that it was shaking.

«Hi. How are you?» he tried to smile, but his expression just became more awkward.

«Not very well, to be honest.» she whispered, looking at the floor.

Youngjun felt almost sorry for her. Hesitating for a moment, he patted her shoulder.

 

«It will be OK. You know that after all this is over, you have nothing to worry about.»

 

She finally looked at him and smiled.

«Thank you Youngjun-sshi. I’m so relieved that you are the way you are in this matter!» she let out a long held in breath and suddenly hugged him.

 

He hadn’t seen that coming and widened his eyes, but managed to hold back a gasp. His cheeks though went red.

 

«You usually whine about how I am.» he finally managed to say and gently pushed her back. «And don’t do that without asking again!» he said with his poker face and she pouted, lifting her hands to declare her innocence.

 

«Ah, you are already here, Mr Seo, Miss Park? We are ready to go.» a woman’s head appeared from the curtain, smiling widely.

 

They both nodded and stood next to each other and interlaced their touching arms.

This time it didn’t feel weird.

 

«OK…» Youngjun sighed. «Let’s get married.»

 

The curtain opened and they made the first step to the light, their hearts pounding like crazy.

 

 

 

«Youngjun! You’re stepping on my dress!»

 

 

 

From misschoi: Helloooo~ Finally updated! Life can be so complicated sometimes... >//< Anyways, hope you liked! Did you check the first video of  Music Note season 2? It's definitely not to be missed! Keep supporting our lovely Apples, they need us~ <3 Bonus cut following soon, but take care til then anyways! <3