Torn

The secret of the music box

April’s POV

 

 

I bit my nail nervously.

 

How long does it take to that loafer to find me a phone number?

 

I huffed and rolled on my bed.

This is one of the few good things in being rich. You can ask someone to do something for you and USUALLY you can have it in a while. But for me, the “luckiest” (ha- ha) person in this world, not even this is possible.

 

I asked one of our drivers, the most loyal and devoted to me one, Kwanghee, to find Youngjun’s mobile number, without telling my parents, but up to now I have no news from him.

 

And I feel really impatient right now…

 

It’s been 2 days since my father announced to me his decision that me and Youngjun are getting married.

Jeez… Even the idea of it is making my hands shaking.

 

These 2 nights I haven’t slept at all. Or- actually- I have slept really badly. I kept on watching blur and confusing dreams, with wedding dresses and churches and a little of Youngjun and my father’s angry face and his hand hitting the desk and *UGH*.

 

This situation has totally stressed me out.

To be precise, more than usually.

 

But I can’t do anything more. I have to be patient. And not freak out. And handle Youngjun maturely. And state my opinion and idea.

Aaah, no, I go numb only by the thought of it.

This wedding thing is impossible. IMPOSSIBLE.

I can’t eve…

 

My mobile ringing with Lunafly’s “Innocent and Young” interrupted my panic/ thoughts and I grabbed it with shaking hands.

 

Hmm… Unknown number.

Did Kwanghee change number…? Naah, he might be calling me from somewhere else… Ah, jeez, I don’t care right now, I just want an answer!

 

«Did you find it?» I asked with a hasty voice.

«Apeuril?? Seo Youngjun here.»

 

I gasped. The Universe is being nice to me, even for once.

 

«Ah… Youngjun-sshi! Hi there…» I felt awkward immediately though.

«I think you are disappointed that it was me.» his voice sounded emotionless as usually.

 

Could that be a flirty line, tho? O_0 Ugh, no, don’t think like that already!

 

«Oh, no, not really. Instead, I wanted to be you.» I nodded to myself and made my voice steady.

«And why is that?»

«Because… You know the latest news, as far as I am concerned, or not?» I bit my nail.

«Yeah…» he thought for a while. « Yes, I do.» he sounded awkward, too, finally.

«Well… I…» I was about to say, but he interrupted me.

«I know. We need to talk. I’m in for that. That’s why I looked for your number.»

«I was waiting for my people to find it also… Without my parents knowing it.» I said quietly.

«I think it is better not to talk through the phone…»

«I agree… Ugh, this is too awkward, excuse my hesitance.» I rubbed the back of my neck.

«Ah… Let’s say that I feel exactly the same… So, excuse my hesitance also.»

 

His voice, for some reason, sounded calming.

 

«OK… Since we are in the same boat, let’s… let’s just relax.» I tried to breathe normally and kick my nervousness away. «Where and when do you want us to meet…?»

«I have some spare time in the noon… I know that my parents are usually busy then and they won’t look for me… I don’t know if it is good for you, though.» he coughed a little to clean his throat.

 

Any time isn’t good for me, but anyways…

 

«Look, to be honest, every moment for me is difficult in this stupid house, but I’ll… I’ll try to escape, when our drivers and staff will have their lunch. My mom will be probably sleeping and my father will be at the office, so…»

«OK, then. At 15:30?»

«Yes.»

«Where?»

«I don’t know… I can come wherever you tell me… Since you’ll be the one already out of the house.»

«OK… Meet me at the central bus station and we can go to a park I know close to that place… Are you OK with it?»

 

I gulped.

 

«Yes. Totally. See you there and… If something changes. Do tell me.» I nodded again to myself, looking at my reflection in the mirror.

«Of course. Same for you.»

 

He hanged up first, without saying bye.

What guy is this really? =_=

 

AH. And I’m actually getting married to this guy…

No. Actually my dad wants that.

With such a father, maybe I should be thanking God that my future husband isn’t even worse.

 

I mean… He isn’t bad but he is weird.

And I like open people. Talkative and fun. That can be enthusiastic and about to jump around when something exciting happens.

The exact opposite of Youngjun.

So, this is a no- no.

 

Ugh, God, what am I even thinking, of course this is a no- no!

Ha. This situation will drive me crazy!

 

 I bit my nail and sat on my bed, pouting to myself.

 

What it means to have a husband?

Besides the usual stuff. The paper stuff.

I’ll probably become Seo April.

I’ll have to change my April Park Aerin signature and make it April Seo Aerin. UGH… I liked my full name… ;_;

 

Spouses have everything in common.

What else..?

I felt my heart beating faster with nervousness. ALL THESE are SO WEIRD.

 

I got up, feeling my legs a little numb and got downstairs.

I met Seohee, one of our older maids, and looked at her, still biting my nail.

 

«Seohee… Can I ask you something?» I whispered.

 

She paused and turned to me with a smile and a question mark in her eyes.

 

«Yes, agasshi, of course.»

«You are married right?»

«Yes. I have two sons also.» she nodded.

«Ah… Good for you. Ehm… Can I ask you… What is a husband?»

 She widened her eyes with surprise.

 

«Oh… Well…»

«I know my question is weird, but I don’t want the obvious answer. I actually want your thoughts about what a husband basically is and what it means to you.»

«I guess… I guess that a husband is the person with whom you can create a beautiful family…» she lowered her eyes thoughtfully.

My slight smile froze on my lips.

Great start.

 

«Ah… yeah. I see… Thank you, Seohee.»

 

I moved farther more and headed for the big living room, seeking my mom.

Ugh, she isn’t here.

 

I sighed and sat on the white velvet couch, resting my head in my hands.

I’m bored of this room. And its furniture. And this house and everything.

Leaving from here under any condition, should sound like paradise.

Why am I even so nervous with the whole situation? I shouldn’t be. Youngjun is a sensible man. Weird, but sensible.

 

The new maid, Sojung, got in the room with her mop and –after noticing me- she bowed hurriedly.

 

«Wait… Sojung. I want to ask you something… What is a husband?» I said quickly, closing my eyes at the same time.

 «I think you already know, agasshi, but…» she was about to say, but interrupted her.

«Jeez, obviously not the actual thing! What it means that someone is your husband?» I rolled my eyes.

Her eyes twinkled naughtily and she smiled to herself.

 

«Ah, I see. Well… I don’t know. I guess someone that can see you in your underwear everyday, all day and you won’t feel embarrassed.» she said in the speed of light and ran away quickly.

«YAH!» I yelled, without even realising it and then massaged my temples.

 

Is everyone doing it on purpose? 0_o

Things seem about to get worse with such answers, jeez!

Me, only in my underwear, in front of him? NO WAY!

 

The uneasy feeling became stronger and I got up again, heading for the kitchen.

I finally found my mom there, preparing a menu with our chef, for who knows what again.

 

«Omma, can I ask you something for a sec?» I breathed heavily, trying hard not to show how upset I am.

She exchanged a couple more words with the chef and then returned to me, smiling.

«What is i…» she was about to say, but I pulled her out of the kitchen with nervous movements and stopped in the main hall.

«Mom, what it means to have a husband?» I asked her, barely leaving spaces to separate my words.

She gasped a little, but then giggled.

 

«Oh, my dear child… You don’t need to worry about that… Having a husband means having a person that you can trust about everything. Even yourself. And even if it isn’t like that at first, it’ll gradually become so…»

 

Ah, she’s about to start lecturing me or just calming me down!

NO!

I left her still talking and rushed to my room, in a crazy speed.

I  banged the door behind me and locked it, rolling myself on the bed.

This husband thing goes too far…

Oh, God, please help me.

 

Making a last effort to save myself, I called Yeseo.

«Hi princess! How are you?» Yeseo’s voice immediately answered.

«Not… Not good. Just tell me one thing. How would you describe the person that would be your husband? What his main feature would be in your life and interaction between the two of you?» I asked, my voice gradually cracking.

«Oh.. What kind of question is this now…? What is wrong, Aerin?»

«Nothing, just answer me this.»

 

She thought for a while and finally answered with a quite warm tone.

«I think that a real husband is the person that you will never feel bored making love with, every day, for the rest of your life.»

«Sh*t…» I only managed to mumble and hanged up immediately, my hands and voice too shaky to go on with the conversation.

 

 

 

Youngjun’s POV

 

 

I hanged up and sighed.

This conversation was way too awkward.

I put my mobile in my front pocket and sat on the floor, hugging my guitar thoughtfully.

Pulling my hood on my head, I laid on my back and inhaled as slowly as possible.

 

I am quite sure about the idea that is stuck in my head…

But- now- that I talked with her and «remembered» that she’s an actual, in flesh and bones, woman, I feel completely awkward again.

 

Still. This is my chance.

I have to overcome anything and go on with our parents’ plan.

And I have to guide Apeuril to the same direction.

It’s for the benefit of both of us and definitely not to satisfy our parents’ bossiness. And she has to realise that.

 

But first things first.

 

I have to announce to my dogs that their leader will probably get married. I will just sit back and see their reactions.

 

I need to laugh a little.

I got up from my comfortable floor position and left my guitar on its base. My hood still on my head, I hurried to find the boys at the big practice room. I opened the door without warning, and found exactly what I expected; the complete chaos.

 

Kyumin is lying in the floor, most probably in a vain effort to sleep previously, now violently destroyed by Hyoseok, who is seated on him with his legs folded comfortably on the maknae’s tummy and there, on Hyoseok (I could never imagine that this could actually happen), is seated Hanbyul, making ppuing ppuing faces to the drummer, who is smiling back to the Byeol every now and then, while all of them ignore Kyumin, that is protesting intensely, but with no result. Kwangyeon is sitting on the big speaker, chewing a sandwich and laughing with the dorks being dorks.

 

I sighed and tapped my feet on the floor impatiently.

Kwangyeon noticed me and grinned, but the other 3 just went on with their craziness.

 

«GUYS!» I yelled and they finally noticed me, just freezing at the position they were previously.

«Oh, hi!» Hanbyul waved and was about to go on with torturing  Kyumin.

«Wait, wait. I have a small announcement to make. It’s not that important, but I think you should pay attention.» I smiled at them and folded my arms on my chest.

«Go on. Since it isn’t important, there’s no need for big intro…» Hyoseok was about to start being sassy, but I interrupted him.

«I’m getting married.» I widened my smile and just relaxed.

I am about to laugh also with this sentence, but what to do XD

 

Kyumin choked on his own saliva, Hyoseok gasped so intensely that he started coughing, Hanbyul’s smile disappeared and his jaw dropped and Kwangyeon’s sandwich landed on the floor, with the bite of the bread still in his open mouth.

Feeling my cheeks red, I started laughing.

Laughing and laughing and laughing. Their faces were priceless, I should have taken a photo, damn.

 

«You were joking right?» Hyoseok asked, about to laugh also.  

«The funniest part about it is that it isn’t a joke, to be honest.» I kept on laughing, but they all frowned.

«What do you mean?» Kyumin finally managed to push the little prince and Byeol boy off him.

«How…? When…?» Kwangyeon mumbled and scratched his head, finally chewing his sandwich bite.

«And most importantly, with whom?» Hanbyul raised a sly eyebrow.

I sighed once again and sat on the floor, next to them. Kwangyeon slowly joined us.

«What’s going on Youngjun hyung?» he patted my shoulder slightly.

«I’ll explain everything about this crazy situation…» I nodded towards him and drew my breath.

 

 

 

Reader’s POV

 

 

Youngjun rubbed his arm with his hand intensely, to warm himself up. A chilly breeze was blowing, making him regret not taking the jacket, that Kwangyeon had suggested, with him.

 

He was feeling kind of nervous. Or something like that. But he was sure for what he was aiming.

Or at least he was thinking so.

 

He looked at his watch and sighed. It was 15:50 already.

 

«She won’t come… And she won’t call me… And I’ll wait here like an idiot, in the cold. She… she might be embarrassed because I know her… her agreement on the wedding issue… Which might actually mean… feelings towards me?» he thought and gulped, starting rubbing now the back of his neck with great awkwardness.

 

A weird, kind of numb pain crossed his chest; it was that well- known feeling that is overtaking you when you feel nervous or as if you expect something.

 

His breath became a little heavier with various thoughts, but his constantly rising nervousness was interrupted by another husky breath behind his back. He felt a hand patting clumsily his shoulder and he turned slowly.

 

April was a little bent, trying to catch her breath, but still waved with her right hand. She was wearing a jeans playsuit, with long pants, and a white t-shirt.

Youngjun swallowed a gasp and mentally slapped himself.

«It’s time to be calm.» he thought and patted April’s shoulder.

 

«Hi.» he said and felt better that his voice sounded as usually.

«Ah… hi… hi Youngjun-sshi… Ah… I’m so sorry for being late… I just… Ah. Just a second.» the girl held her chest and closed her eyes.

«Are you… are you OK?» Youngjun scratched his head.

April raised her extended palm, signaling him to wait a little longer.

«I’m… I’m OK. I was just running… because I was late already. I’m sorry… But my mom for some reason didn’t go for her noon sleep on the usual time and I had to wait for that moment, so I can escape and the staff…» she started talking anxiously.

 

Youngjun felt his nerves getting tensed.

Here we go, this girl can talk like a lot in the end, he thought and- with a discreet, but powerful movement- he pressed a finger on her lips.

April widened her eyes, but actually stopped talking.

«You don’t need to give me any explanation, Apeur… Ah… April-sshi. Since you are here, it’s done. Let’s go.» he moved his shoulders and turned to move further, without paying attention if she was following him or not.

 

April bit her lip. What an awkward start for this meeting… And his usual behavior was making her more and more sure for her decision.

 

She tried to breathe calmly once again and hurried to follow him.

 

They both crossed the street and turned somewhere left. Youngjun had his hands in his pockets and his head bent, while April was constantly looking behind her, an insecure feeling bothering her.

They crossed another street and faced the entrance of the park. Youngjun stopped and pointed.

 

«That’s the place. Are you OK with it?» he asked.

«Yes… Yes, it is just fine.» April nodded and hurried to get in first.

 

Youngjun’s lips were caressed by an undefined smile.

«She’s totally like a child.» he thought, walking behind her and watching her brown curls being blown by the wind and with her chubby, but elegant hands in her playsuit’s pockets.

 

She stopped on her own by a bench and turned to look at Youngjun, but as she turned, she didn’t notice a bike passing by. They would have collided, if Youngjun hadn’t pulled her out of the bike’s way.

She gasped as she felt her body on Youngjun’s, not having fully realised what had happened before.

 

«Aish, be careful, little one.» Youngjun rolled his eyes and let her go.

«Ehm… I’m sorry again. I need to be more careful…» she blushed and sat on the bench.

 

Youngjun imitated her and they both sighed.

They were sitting next to each other, but with enough distance between them.

«Well…» April started, without looking at him.

«Well…» Youngjun sighed deeply.

 

For just a moment, they looked at each other.

 

«I don’t mean to hurt your feelings but I don’t have a crush on you!» they yelled at the same time, with their eyes firmly closed.

 

A weird silence followed and they thought of the words they had actually said and heard at the same time.

 

«Hey…» Youngjun frowned.

«Wait a minute…» April did the same and placed her hands on her waist, a movement that was usually characterising her angry self. «If you don’t have feelings for me…»

«Then why did you agree on marrying me?» Youngjun finished April’s question, already managing to control his reactions. 

«I didn’t! You did first!» she pointed angrily and got up.

«No, you did.» Youngjun moved his shoulders.

«My father told me!» they both added, in a loud tone, and then gasped.

 

Youngjun huffed and it was his turn to get up from his seat.

 

«Ha- ha, that explains everything!» his tone became rough and he lifted his hands, his only way to express his anger.

 

April had remained with open and was trying to collect her thoughts.

 

Youngjun chuckled with irony and sat down again.

«I… I can’t believe they did this!» April managed to whisper and sat again down.

«Then you aren’t aware of what they are really capable!» Youngjun yelled. «I ain’t surprised. Or actually I shouldn’t be surprised.»

«But… I’m in shock… This is just too much! Lying to us like that and we, ending up embarrassing ourselves to each other!» she held her forehead, her eyes still widened.

«This is why we have to escape this situation.» Youngjun said, his voice sounding quite calm again.

«And not get married?»

«No. I think we have to get married.» he didn’t look at her, but sounded pretty sure of his words.

 

April went numb immediately.

«But why?» she whispered.

«It’s our only chance to be independent. They promised us a house of our own. And that means without them in it. So, actually we get to do whatever we want to in and out of it.»

She felt her eyes full of tears.

 

«This is just so sudden and so weird…» she mumbled, trying to hold in her crying.

Youngjun didn’t talk.

«I thought of what you say also... I thought of it after my first panic… But, Youngjun-sshi… Do you realise what it means to be married to someone?» she tried to control her shaking lips.

 

Youngjun had started also feeling uncomfortable. He didn’t expect that development of their conversation and especially the girl ending up in tears.

 

«I do. But I know that, if the… «couple» (here, he imitated the quotation marks with his fingers) doesn’t have feelings for each other, then a wedding means nothing more than a signed piece of paper…» he sighed.

«And what about the… the impression that we have to give as if we are actually together…? How are we going to live our lives like that? If one day you want to date a girl, well, if you already don’t, and you want to get married to her instead of me…? How can we even keep our romance life alive like that?» she played with her fingers and a tear rolled down her cheek.

 

He huffed with annoyance.

 

«I ain’t usually concerned for these matters, Apeuril… And I don’t think I’ll be, at least soon. I have more important issues going on in my life right now. But, since you are mentioning it, I suppose you have something in your mind… So, I’ll just tell you this: we sometimes have to sacrifice one freedom to gain many others. And this time, that’s the case actually. This is our only chance to rebel against our parents. Trying to avoid their decisions will just make them more persistent to make them real. And anyways… If you want my words, then, I can already assure you that I won’t in your personal life, as you won’t in mine. You will be free to do whatever you want, wherever and whenever and with whoever you want, under the condition that our parents and everyone from their social environment will think that we are married with the full definition of the word. Because otherwise, our parents will find the chance to interfere again and so the plan is ruined, get it?»

April seemed to be at a loss and looked at him with her tearful eyes.

 

«But…» she tried to talk.

Her mobile starting ringing, with that melancholic Lunafly song, but she just pressed the red button, dismissing the call.

«I know, this is too sudden and crazy and everything. But we are adults now and we have to face it maturely and the only way to manage to do this is to find the benefits in it. I can promise you that living with me will be like living alone. Besides the fact that I’ll be out of the house most of the days of the week, I hope you can believe that my presence isn’t annoying at all, because it won’t be an actual presence! This means that you’ll have the new house almost only for yourself and that you can do whatever you want for the whole week.» he finished his words, which had been said a little hurriedly, in order to not let her react negatively again.

«I… I have to think of it.» she managed to say.

«Don’t let the fact that I insist on this idea freak you out. Even this little you know me… I guess you understand why I am so persistent about it.» he got up, expressionless as usually.

 

April got up, too.

She seemed really pale.

 

«I don’t think I can do this, Youngjun-sshi…» she hid her face in her hands and started walking away, at first slowly, then almost running.

 

Youngjun put his hands in his pockets and kicked a large gravel.

And damn it.

It was even colder now.

 

 

April’s POV

 

 

I sat at a random bus station, feeling my feet too numb to go further on anymore.

I’ve been wandering around the city for three whole hours, doing actually nothing.

I was just thinking and panicking and getting angry and everything.

I don’t know how to put it, but I just want to slap my father. What have I done to deserve that behavior? I am so mad at him right now!

And, no, agreeing on this isn’t the actual revolution. The actual revolution will be to say no to this marriage and do whatever it takes to make our parents realise that they can’t control and make our lives as they want to!

I huffed with annoyance, but thankfully I am all alone here and no one saw me acting like a weirdo.

 

My mobile has rang a lot of times… It’s my mom, but I am not picking up. I am THAT close to start yelling at her also.

 

I felt overtaken by my nervousness again and hid my face in my hands.

 

Ugh, this is just way too sh*t to handle.

And after last year, I thought that no other year could go worse. Seems I was mistaken.

 

I felt a slight tap on my shoulder and I lifted my head with great effort.

 

Geunsuk is here, right in front of me, smiling.

Of all the persons, this one?? Now? NO!

I must look dreadful right now!

 

«Hi there, princess.» his heavy voice sounded like paradise.

 

I felt blushing and immediately got up, drying my tears with a clumsy movement of my hand.

«Hi oppa.» I said in my hurry and then, in my mind, I cursed myself. «I mean, Geunsuk-sshi.» I rubbed the back of my neck, but he smiled wider.

«No, you meant oppa. And I liked that.» he winked and I breathed with relief.

I sat back down, feeling completely energy-less and he followed me.

«Waiting the bus?» he asked, not looking at me.

«Ehm… No… I just had a really weird day and… I simply found a seat here… To think, you know, and rest a little.» I moved my hands way too much.

 

UGH, what an idiot I am!!

 

«Did anything happen? You seem a real mess… Pale face, red eyes. Are you OK?» he rested his arm over my shoulders.

 

I felt my hair being raised everywhere, under this touch. OMG, his arm is on ME! *0*

 

«Ah… No. I ain’t very well to be honest… But it doesn’t really matter. And you didn’t have to mention that I look awful now…» I pouted and played with my fingers.

He laughed.

«You never look awful to me. You are such a pretty and interesting girl. That’s why I want to hang out with you, more and more.» he looked right back at me and I felt my breath being almost cut.

«You… you do?» I gulped, a pleasant, kind of numb sensation tickling my tummy.

«Of course. I was thinking of calling you tonight…»

«But you don’t have my number…» I mumbled, feeling my head as if I’m drunk.

«I’d ask it from Yeseo. I wanted to surprise you. Because… I don’t know, I thought you’d be happy with my suggestion. But now, I found you here, so what do you think?» he smiled again, as his face came closer to mine.

 

I felt my cheeks burning like hell and I bowed with shyness.  

 

«What were you thinking of doing?» I whispered.

«I don’t know… Whatever you like. Cinema, dancing, dinner, something romantic anyways…» he smirked in his so unique way and came even closer to me.

 

Pretty much that was it. My heart is about to exploode and my cheeks to change color forever! *0*

 

I felt his warm breath almost on my lips and soon his locked up with mine in my very first ever kiss.

His hand embraced my waist and I rested a hand on his shoulder.

He’s so gentle… OH MY GOD, MY Geunsuk kissed me!!!

 

 

«Park April, what are you doing there??»

 

My happiness deflated in a matter of seconds with this voice that came literally out of nowhere.

I broke the kiss first and I turned my head to a car, stopped right in front of the bus station. And this car… Damn it. It’s so familiar.

Geunsuk seemed a little confused, looking around to find out about the voice.

 

I saw my dad from the open window, his face all red from his anger.

 

Uh-ho…

 

He got out of the car in a matter of seconds and rushed towards us, pulling me from my arm violently.

 

«What are you doing here, Park Aerin? Do you want me to get really embarrassed to everyone here, what do you want?!» he started yelling immediately right in front of my face.

«Dad, calm down!» I only managed to say, fighting to free my arm.

«Sorry, sir, I didn’t mean to be disrespectful. But I kind of like your daughter and…» Geunsuk was saying, but my father started with the yelling again.

«You have nothing to do with my daughter! My daughter is getting married soon and that’s the reason you will never have a chance with her, you hear me boy?» he moved his finger in his usual bossy way and I felt like turning into pieces.

 

He just ted EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING!

 

Geunsuk remained with his mouth wide open, breathless, looking at me with unexplainable eyes.

«Dad, stop that! Let me go, you hurt me!» I started crying without realising it and I finally looked at my father.

«No, Aerin, this is it. You are coming with me. Now.» he finally lowered his tone and pulled me with him in the car.

 

I tried to wave at Geunsuk, but he had his eyes lowered and he seemed pretty confused.

 

Sh*t everything. Everything!

 

Once in the car, I couldn’t stop crying.

That was the most humiliating, embarrassing, AWFUL moment in my whole life!!!

I start have really bad feelings for my father… Today was just the time to FULLY realise it.

«Do you want me to hate you? That’s what you want?» I managed to say, looking at my dad directly.

A long silence followed, only my sobs being heard.

«No. I want you to be a good, obedient girl that will listen to her parents, that know really well what is the best for her.» he said calmly, without looking at me, though.

 

This excuse has started getting on my nerves.

It’s not even an actual excuse!

But he doesn’t understand!

 

«I love you, my daughter and I really want the best for you. You are so young yet and you don’t realise what is for your benefit…» he said again and slightly bowed his head.

«Oh, just leave me alone!» I huffed and hid my face from him.

 

That’s it.

This situation has to stop.

And I’ll do whatever it takes to stop it.

 

We reached our house and my mom was waiting at the entrance anxiously.

I got out of the car, a total wreck, and she exclaimed with relief.

«Oh, April, I got so worried for you, my baby! Why weren’t you picking up my calls?» she hugged me tightly, her voice a little shaky, but I didn’t hug her back. «Why are you like that? Where were you? Did… Did something bad happen?» she held my cheeks and looked at me.

«Let me go upstairs.» I said, my voice coming out kind of metallic because of crying.

«What happened Yeongmin?» my mom turned to my dad and I found the chance to escape from her hug.

«Nothing. It’s over. April and I made things clear. April, get ready we have a small reception for the Golf club members. In about an hour, you should be all ready, downstairs.»

 

I didn’t reply and dragged myself inside, heading upstairs

I’m so so… upset.

 

Tears started running down my face again and I didn’t even bother to wipe them off.

 

We made things clear indeed with my father. I’ll show him.

 

I ran the last few meters that separated me from my room and then locked myself in.

I’m so done with all these sh*ts.

 

I’ll grab my chance to live like a real human, no matter what.

 

I hurried to my bath and turned the tap to fill my tab.

I have to get ready for the reception after all… Their stupid reception!

 

As the bathroom started becoming blur from the steam produced by the hot water, I pulled with stable hands after a long time, my mobile out of my pocket.

 

 

I pressed some buttons quickly and with determination and waited.

 

I didn’t need to wait long and this rough, somehow teenage voice was heard for the second time within this day.

 

«Yoboseyo?»

«Ne, hi there, Youngjun-sshi.» I said steadily.

«Hello, Apeuril-sshi.» he replied simply and waited for my words, without any further question.

«I just wanted to ask you. When exactly are we getting married? Because, I can’t literally wait to get out of this house.»

 

A quick breathing was heard and I just supposed that this is actually the «sound» of a smirk. 

 

 

 

 

From misschoi: I'm baaaaack! Took me centuries, but I'm baaaack XD Sorry for this really long absence guys~ =_= I hope this chapter is rewarding enough >.< De good stuff is coming soon, you know ;) Will this upcoming cohabitation be as calm and quiet as promised? :0 Thank you all for your kind attention, I hope you will be satisfied enough with this story~ Comments and ideas are always welcomed ^^Take care til next time! :D <3