Such a Jung

One shots: JeTi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It hurts so much… damn it!” she’s been whining like this for almost 3 hours now.  She exhaled as she loosens her grip on my suffocated hand.

“I’m sorry you had to hear mommy curse baby, I didn’t mean It.” she whispered to her now relaxed belly.

I just can’t imagine the pain she’s undergoing right now.  I stood up from my chair, sat beside her on the hospital bed and kissed her forehead lovingly.

“Are you okay?” I asked for the nth time since her uterus started contracting three hours ago.

Despite her disheveled hair and sweaty forehead, she gave me a warm smile which confirms that she’s okay.

“Yes, I am. Don’t worry sweetie.” She said before placing a kiss at the back of my hand.

“If I could just take the pain away from you, I…” she cut me off by placing a light kiss on my lips.

“It’s nothing. I’m more of excited to see our little girl.” She said while waving our held hands on the air.

I chuckled at her action.  I know we’ve been waiting for this for a long time now.  I was the most excited person when my wife threw the “I- wanna-get-pregnant-with-our-baby” bomb a year ago.  It wasn’t that I didn’t want a baby with my wife, I do, so much.  I just didn’t expect it to come out from my wife.  We’ve talked about it way before we got married and I was always the excited one.  Plus, all we ever talked about was adopting a baby.  Just imagine my happiness when my wife told me she wants to get pregnant with our, yes I’ll keep repeating that, OUR baby. 

A slight pinch on my arm brought me back to where I really am. 

“Jessi, what are you smiling for?” my beautiful wife asked me with a wide grin

“I just remembered the first time you told me about getting pregnant” I told her looking straight into her eye.

After few more grueling hours of my wife in labor, and after few punches and tight squeezes in my battered body, a doctor and 3 nurses are now attending my wife and encouraging her.

“Come on Tiffany, few more push and you’ll have little Jung” says the doctor.  I can only see the doctor’s smile through her eyes since she’s wearing a face mask.

“You can do it hun, you can” I whispered to her before kissing her hair.

I felt Tiffany tighten her grasp in my hand once again, a sign of another contraction.  Sure it hurts when Tiffany grasps my hand every contraction, but if this could help her, and lessen her pain, then so be it.  This is the least thing I could do for both her and our baby. Every contraction, every push, we are nearing our goal, our child. 

“Here we go Tiffany.  I want one long push from you, you understand.” Tiffany nodded, following the doctor’s request.

I looked at my wife and concentrated to her face rather than to the growing pain in my hand from her very tight grip on it.  She held her breath and pursed her lips trying to stifle any sound that could escape her lips.  She crouched her head down putting pressure on her abdomen, pushing in with every ounce of her remaining energy.  She exhaled loudly and relaxed her body, and we heard a sound, a very loud yet very beautiful sound.  A cry.  I looked at Tiffany in the eyes, we both smiled, I can see the emotions in her eyes, and they’re the same with mine: happiness, joy, bliss.  Our eyes directed to the owner of that cry, wow, is this real? Somebody pinch me.  Am I really looking at my… daughter? Daughter.  I just have to repeat that word.  I felt something wet on my cheeks.  Gosh what’s this? Am I crying?  I never felt this before.  Once again, I looked at my wife so I could go back to my reality.  I smiled even widely at the sight of my wife crying.  I wiped wet cheeks with my thumbs and kissed her lips lovingly.

“Thank you” I whispered against her lips. “For giving me another happiness” I continued and pecked her lips again. 

“Do you want to hold her Mrs. Jung?” the nurse asked.  My wife couldn’t even find the words to speak so she just nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter