Chapter 10

Angel

Note // Special thanks to DevilDeer85 for this wonderful idea.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chanyeol, where are you going?”

The leader of EXO asked. Suho had just finished his P.E class and wanted to change into school uniform. He felt weird when he saw Chanyeol was in the men’s room changing his outfits.

“I have no class so I have a thought about swimming.” He said as he kept his things inside his locker.

Suho nodded. “Have you heard about Sehun and Luhan? I heard that the news about them has spread like a wild fire.” Suho closed his locker and leaned against it while staring at Chanyeol.

“Oh really, I’m glad to hear that but you know what? I believe that Sehun would protect Luhan with his life. No matter what. Okay hyung, I got to go. See ya.” He said, waving happily at his hyung and went out to the pool.

“Don’t let yourself cramp. I’m not going to save you.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol made his way to the Swimming pool while playing with the towel on his hands. Suddenly, a bunch of students bumped into him hardly. He winced as he looked up and saw Krystal, Daehyun and Amber. He glared at them and said

“Did you guys lost your eyes?” he groaned.

Three of them bowed politely and mumbled Sorry before they leaved. Chanyeol glared at them annoyingly as he hung up the towel on his shoulder and went inside. What did they do inside here? He thought. He shrugged and placed his towel on the floor. He was about to warm up when he saw something in the pool.

The taller frowned as he made his way to the pool. He walked slowly and when he reached the side of the pool he bend down. Chanyeol eyes widen when he saw a small figure in the water.

“Oh my god”

He mumbled and straight away jumped inside the pool. At first, Chanyeol didn’t recognise who he is. He swam towards the figure and wrapped his arm around him. Chanyeol then swam to the side and brought the small body outside the pool.

As soon as Chanyeol went up, he turned the unconscious body around and he was shocked to death.

“LUHAN…!”

He approached the deer and shook Luhan’s body vigorously.

“Luhan, wake up.” He slapped Luhan face gently. Chanyeol frowned and he felt worried too because Luhan did not showed any reaction to awake. Once again, he shook Luhan body and this time he made it hard than before but Luhan still unconscious.

There is only one way.

Chanyeol lifted Luhan head a bit and apart the deer’s mouth. He took a deep breath and connected his mouth with Luhan. He do it for an nth times without knowing that someone had watching them from the outside and that person gripped hardly at the door knob before he left.

Chanyeol was panicked. He slapped Luhan face (softly) again but the deer’s condition was still the same? “Luhan wake up please. HELP!” he shouted.

“ANYONE HELP ME!” He shouted again.

Suddenly, the door burst opened and Chanyeol turned to look at it. Baekhyun was standing there.

“Baek, help me. Luhan he… He’s drowning.”

Upon hearing Luhan’s name, Baekhyun eyes turned wide. He quickly ran towards the taller and frowned when he saw his hyung lying on the floor limply. He bends down and shook Luhan body numerously while shouting for his name.

“Luhan… Hyung wake up. Chanyeol get the car, NOW!” He groaned.

Honestly, Chanyeol was shocked at both situations. First, he found Luhan drowning in the pool. Second, Baekhyun never called anyone Hyung before even though the guys were older than him so how come he could call Luhan ‘Hyung’?

“Chanyeol are you deaf? GET THE CAR NOW!” He grumbled.

Chanyeol who was in confusion stood up and get the car ready to bring Luhan to the hospital. Meanwhile, Baekhyun tears leaked out from his eyes. He brushed Luhan wet hair and mumbled everything’s gonna be alright hyung.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai walked into the classroom coolly as usual. He then spot his best friend was sitting alone with his poker-face. Kai smiled widely and made his way towards Sehun. He took a sit beside him and waited for the maknae to greet him. His smiled then fade away when Sehun haven’t greeted him yet and it almost 10 minutes.

“Hello~ I’m waiting for you.” Kai said playfully.

Sehun rolled his eyes frustratingly and looked away. Kai pouted and scratched his head.

“Yah, what happen to you? Come on, tell me.” He said.

Sehun remembered the scene where he found Chanyeol was kissing his boyfriend lips at the pool. He didn’t want to believe that but he heard the students started to talk about Chanyeol and Luhan kissing.

“What is love, Kai? Can you tell me what love is?”

Kai felt weird. “Hey, did something happen between you and Luhan?” he whispered.

“I-I don’t know. I don’t wanna believe it but… these all things it’s…complicated for me.”

Kai rubbed Sehun’s back gradually. Sehun was the hardest person to fall in love and when he did, he would never let that person go. Whatever Luhan had done to him, it is inappropriate.

Meanwhile in the hospital,

Luhan was brought to the emergency room. Baekhyun went back and forth while waiting for the doctor to come out from the E.R. Sometimes, Baekhyun would peek into the E.R nervously. Chanyeol, who was sitting on the chair, looked at Baekhyun confusedly. He never saw Baekhyun this nervous.

Even though when they’re couple, Baekhyun always showed no emotion and he was expressionless but today, Chanyeol could see his worrisome and he was crying. Baekhyun finally took a sit beside Chanyeol. He bit his thumb nail while looking at the E.R door.

Chanyeol wrapped his arm around the smaller boy anxiously. He scared that Baekhyun would thought that he’s taking chances on him in this situation. Unexpectedly, Baekhyun leaned against Chanyeol and rested against the taller chest.

“I’m scared Chanyeol-ah. I don’t wanna lose him. I don’t want him to go.” He sobbed.

Chanyeol was in confusion. Who is Luhan to Baekhyun, actually? Chanyeol thought,

“Why?” Chanyeol asked softly while patting the boy’s back.

“He…He’s my hyung, Chanyeol-ah. Luhan is my hyung.” Baekhyun cried.

“I’m sorry I never told you about this but Luhan is my biological hyung.” he sniffled.

“But your last name…”

“My mom changes it. She doesn’t want me to have any relation with Luhan and my father so she changes my last name from Xi to Byun. I can’t lose him Chanyeol-ah. I can’t lose him.” Baekhyun tugged on Chanyeol’s uniform and cried.

“Why did you keep this as a secret?”

“It’s Luhan hyung. He scared that the students would bully me if they know the truth. He wants to protect me. He doesn’t care if he’s the one who get bullied from the others but me.” Baekhyun said, head still rested on Chanyeol neck.

“Is that why you never touch Luhan before? Is that why you never join us when we’re bullying Luhan? Because he’s your hyung??” Chanyeol whispered.

Baekhyun nodded.

Chanyeol smiled. “Do you know what? When I start to know Luhan, I was amazed by his attitude. Even though we bullied him almost every day, he never nags on us. He accepts all the things that happen to him naturally. He’s kind, sweet and lovely too. I began to wonder either he’s a human or an angel. I’m glad that he’s my friend.” Chanyeol said with a sweet smiled on his face.

Baekhyun back to his sit position and looked at Chanyeol. “I’m sorry for what had happen in the gym the other day. It is all an act. I’m sorry Chanyeol-ah.” He said.

Chanyeol took Baekhyun into his embraced and kiss his forehead. “It’s okay. I’m not mad anymore. Besides, I really hope that you will come back to me and stay in my heart forever.”

With a grinned, Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Chanyeol waist. “My pleasure.” He giggled.

They stared at each other and chuckled. Suddenly, the doctor came out from the E.R. Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol quickly caught the doctor and asked about Luhan.

“Fortunately, you brought him here quickly. I can’t promise you if you brought him here a bit late. There’s a lot of water in his lungs but don’t worry, we have took it out. He may be unconscious for a few days but don’t worry, he’s fine.” The doctor said.

“I was informed that you had registered Luhan to the V.I.P’s room. I’ll ask the nurse to take Luhan’s there.” The doctor smiled and left.

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol, smiling widely and hugged the taller happily.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sehun, are you okay?”

Kyungsoo asked. Sehun haven’t talked to them today and the maknae showed no emotion during the whole conversation between their members. Sehun minds were blank today. He kept thinking about the incident between Chanyeol and Luhan at the pool. He told his heart to no believe at what he had seen and waited for Luhan explanation but his mind kept telling him to believe.

“Sehun, are you listening?”

Sehun snapped when Lay patted his shoulder. He rubbed his face with his palm and sighed. “I’m sorry what?”

“I ask you where’s Luhan? He didn’t come to his class this morning.” Kris said as he’s feeding himself with the fried chicken.

“I haven’t see Chanyeol too.” Chen added.

“Chanyeol went to swim earlier but then he disappears.” Suho proclaimed.

“What happen if Chanyeol falls in love with Luhan and they have a secret relationship behind Sehun and Baekhyun?” Tao teased and everyone laughed.

Bang

Everyone was shocked. Sehun slammed his chopstick and made his way out of the café. Kai called for Sehun but the younger ignored it.

“It is just a joke.” Xiumin said.

Kai chased Sehun and called his name. When the maknae ignored him, he moved a bit faster and grabbed the maknae’s wrist made Sehun turned around.

“Hey relax, they’re just joking.” Kai proclaimed.

Sehun smirked. “They are not joking. They’re telling the truth. Luhan and Chanyeol are dating secretly behind me. From now on, do not mention their names in front of me. It’s disgusting.” Sehun groaned and left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3 days later

“Hyung, are you sure you want to check-out now?” Baekhyun hugged his precious hyung from behind.

Luhan grinned and nodded. “I don’t want to waste your money by staying here. Besides, I have school to attend.”

“You have school to attend or you have Sehun to take care of you?” Baekhyun teased his hyung.

Luhan blushed at Baekhyun words. “Of course not, school is more important.” Luhan said shyly.

“Hyung, you’re cute when you blush.” Baekhyun hugged his hyung tightly.

“Baekkie, I’m jealous over here.” Chanyeol pouted.

The two brothers laughed at Chanyeol’s cuteness. Baekhyun released his hyung and made his way towards his boyfriend. Then, he kisses the taller cheek made Chanyeol giggled like a kid. Luhan felt relieved when Baekhyun and Chanyeol had get back together. He couldn’t lie that he misses Sehun too.

“Chanyeol-ah, does anyone know about this?” Luhan asked.

Chanyeol smiled and shook his head. “I keep this thing as secret. Anyway, I don’t know if I should tell you this but Sehun acts strange towards me, not only Sehun but the other students too except for EXO.” He stated.

Luhan started to feel uneasy. He quickly pushed away that feeling and smiled. “Sehun is a bit strange sometimes so you don’t have to worry. I’ll talk to him.”

 

 

~

 

 

“Hyung, are you sure you gonna be alright?” Baekhyun asked.

Luhan asked Chanyeol to drop him at school. He knew that Sehun had dance club today so he wanted to visit the maknae and surprised him.

“It’s okay. Besides, I want you to have a date with Chanyeol. I’ll be fine don’t worry.” He said.

Baekhyun smiled and bid his hyung a goodbye and left the school with Chanyeol’s car. Luhan smiled and made his way inside. He can’t wait to meet Sehun. He missed that Ohdult very much. He thought that Sehun must be worried because he asked Chanyeol to not tell anyone about what had happened to him 3 days ago. Actually, he didn’t want Sehun to know because he didn’t want the maknae to lose his focus because of him.

He should be done right now.

Luhan entered the hall to the corridor. Then, he smiled widely when he saw his lover was keeping his thing in his locker. Luhan walked slowly and softly towards the maknae. When Luhan was standing behind him, he used his hands to cover Sehun’s eyes and remained silent.

Sehun smiled when his eyes were covered from behind. He knew whose hands it is.

“Hyuna…?”

Luhan smiled fade away. What?! Luhan kept his hands on Sehun eyes, hoping that Sehun would say his name…

“Hyuna-ah, what are you doing? I know it’s you.” He said.

Luhan felt a pang in his heart. It just 3 days since he left and Sehun couldn’t remember who he is? Sehun frowned. He touched the hands on his eyes and turned around. His eyes widen when he saw Luhan was standing there right behind him. He looked upset and gloomy.

“L-Luhan…”

They stared at each other for a few moments. Sehun couldn’t believe his eyes. Luhan who had been missing for 3 days was standing in front of him out of sudden. He wanted to hug the deer badly but when he looked at the deer’s face, he remembered the scene where Chanyeol and him…

…kissing.

“A-Are you and Hyuna…together now?” Luhan asked.

Sehun could sense that Luhan sounds hurt. Sehun sighed and looked at Luhan annoyingly. “Yes we are.”

Luhan wanted to laugh. He wanted to believe that this is just a nightmare and he will wake up soon but he knew this is reality. Luhan lowered his head and his eyes began to watery. “But why?” he looked at Sehun.

“I’m tired Luhan. Our relationship is not going anywhere so I decide to move on.” He said straight-forwardly.

How could you say that easily, Sehun-ah?

Luhan looked at Sehun with his pool-eyes. He bit his lower lips. He used all his strength to prevent himself from crying but he couldn’t.

“Sehun, actually I…”

“Sehunnie…”

Luhan words were cut by a sweet voice coming from the other side. It was Hyuna. She ran towards Sehun happily and gave the maknae a bear hugged. Sehun hugged the girl back with a wide smiled on his face.

“I miss you Sehunnie.” She said.

I am the one who should say that.

 “I miss you too, Hyuna.” Sehun said and kiss Hyuna forehead in front of the deer.

You should say that to me Sehunnie. Not her.

Hyuna turned around and glared at Luhan disgustingly. “Baby, what is he doing here?”

Sehun wrapped his arm around Hyuna. “I don’t know. I thought he’s dead.”

Luhan chuckled as his tears flowed out through his cheeks. He couldn’t believe that Sehun wanted him to dead. Hyuna released herself from Sehun and stepped forwards.

“Listen here, . Sehun is my boyfriend now so can you please back away from him.” Hyuna whispered evilly before she went back to Sehun.

“Baby, my eyes sore by just looking at him. Can we go now?” she asked innocently.

[Play ‘Song of Rain’ – Love Rain OST]

 “Of course, I don’t like… no I hate this too. He makes me want to explode. Let’s go, honey.” Sehun walked away with Hyuna beside him.

Luhan wanted to say something but he couldn’t. Sehun called him and that word kept lingering in his mind. Luhan fell on the floor. Finally, the tears burst out and he was crying alone at the corridor. This thing should not happen, he and Sehun was fine 3 days ago but not today.

The way Sehun looked at him just like his mother. Her mom’s words you’re disgusting kept playing in his mind over and over. Sehun must felt uneasy when he was with him.

 

 

 

 

You’re right mom. I’m disgusting. I should have died. Nobody deserves me and I don’t merit any love from someone. As you said a few years ago, I am just a and a . Everybody hates me. Everyone dumps me. Everybody wants me to disappear from this world. I don’t even know what I have done but there is only one thing that I really want.

It’s Love.

I want to feel love. I need someone to love me. Care about me and protect me. I need that but…

…but I know that I can’t.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

On the next day, Luhan walked to school by himself. He kept walking until he reached the main hall. He looked a bit miserable today. His eye-bag looked horrible and he looked pale too. Suddenly, he felt that he was surrounded by a group of students. When he looked up, a packet of flour was thrown towards him made his grey uniform turned white. Then, his head was hit by something slimy, it was the eggs. Another packet of flour was thrown and it becomes more along with the ton of eggs. Some students held a balloon filled with water and tossed it towards Luhan, made the deer’s wet.

Luhan was covered with the flour, eggs, tomatoes and his school uniform were soaking wet. He wanted to run badly but he didn’t know where to run. Then, he saw a couple made their way towards the students and stood between them. It was Sehun and Hyuna. Luhan lowered his head and was about to run but JaeHyun held his arm tightly to prevent him from running.

Luhan turned around towards Sehun and Hyuna. Sehun has flour on his hand while Hyuna was holding tomatoes. Sehun, he’s not going to do it, right? Luhan looked directly into Sehun’s eyes, pleading him not to do it. In a second, Hyuna raised her hand and tossed the tomatoes towards Luhan directly on his face. Then, she laughed hilariously like a witched and patted Sehun shoulder.

“Your turn, baby.” She said and looked at Luhan irritatingly.

Luhan shook his head and move backward. Without any hesitation, Sehun threw the flour towards Luhan harshly made the deer’s fell on his back. Luhan felt the sharp pain on his back and heard the students laughed at him hysterically, including Sehun.

“WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!”

All of them ran away when they heard Mrs Im voice shouted like a mad person, leaving Luhan alone with flour, tomatoes and eggs covered his body. When Mrs Im saw Luhan, she ran towards the fragile boy and knelt down.

“Oh my god Luhan, are you okay?” She asked.

Luhan stood up and nodded. Mrs Im brushed the flour on Luhan’s hair and face softly. She then brought him to her office and helped the boy by cleaning his uniform. Mrs Im sat across Luhan and sighed.

“Why don’t you fight back?” she asked.

Luhan remained silent.

Once again, she sighed. She was Luhan’s neighbour. She knew everything about this poor kid. His mother’s left him, Baekhyun and his violent father who only cares about money and not his son. She knew.

“Luhan, you can tell me everything.”

Silent…

Mrs Im then stood up and went to her drawer. She took out an envelope and passed it to Luhan. The deer was in confusion as he took the envelope from Mrs Im’s hand. He looked at Mrs Im as he opened the envelope.

Scholarship

New York International Art School.

He frowned. “What is this?” he finally speaks up.

Mrs Im smiled. “Honestly, I sent one of your paintings to them and they were amazed by your skills. They want you to be their student so that you can spread your wings wider.”

Luhan smiled. “They love my paint?” he asked.

Mrs Im nodded happily.

“Luhan, I really want you to take this opportunity. Spread your wings there and come back with succeed.” She said.

“Get out of this school of hell and start your new life there.” She added.

Luhan stared at the form with interest. He smiled. Finally, his wished came true. He always has a dream about going to this school.

“They said they give you time to think and when you’re ready just fill the form and get ready to go to New York. You’re good in English so I bet you have no problems in communication.”

 

 

 

 

~

 

[Play ‘Miracle in December’ by EXO]

Luhan was sitting alone at the rooftop. He stared at the view of Seoul sadly with a brown envelope on his hand. Luhan hair was waving back and forth as the wind blew slightly there.

Father doesn’t want me.

.

Mom dumps me.

.

I have no friends.

.

I have no life here.

.

Nobody needs me and…

.

Nobody loves me.

 

 

Luhan looked at the envelope and sighed.

 

 

 

Should I…

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

 

.

.

.

.

.

.

…leave then…?

 

 

 

 

 

Hello-mello guys…

Oh my god I’m so happy right now. I received a lot of comments on the previous chapter.

It seems like all of you love conflicts, am I right?

Well, me too.

So... Should Luhan accept the scholarship and leaved everything behind?

You’ll know the answer soon…

Thank you for reading my story.

Thank you for subscribing.

Thank you for those who UPVOTE my story.

And thank you for your lovely comments.

Comment more and let me know how you feel.

I love you guys… Saranghae <3

 

 

P/S : Currently writing the next one… hehehe xD