Chapter 1

Angel

(Play the song ‘Kiss the Rain [Piano version] by Yiruma)

It was late. Luhan was still in his school uniform. He walks along the dark alley by himself. He knows it was dangerous to walk along here when it’s already midnight but he has no choice. He needs to go home now or he will get the rewards from his father. He felt like his body was going to break into pieces. He was too tired. Each step makes him felt like dying.

Finally, he arrived. He reaches the door and was about to enter his house but the door was locked from inside. He sighs heavily. He went to the stairs and sits. He should know that he will not be able to enter the house after 10.p.m. It was his father’s rule. Suddenly, there’s a white puppy comes and sit beside him. Luhan smiles at the puppy and its head softly.

“Sangchoo, it looks like we’ll sleep together tonight…”

He said and grinned. The puppy named Sangchoo barked at him cutely and its tail is waving lazily on the air. Luhan rest his head at the wall and went to sleep. The puppy rest on Luhan lap and went to sleep too.

 

 

 

 

SPLASH

Luhan awake as soon as he felt a pail of water were being thrown on him. He wiped his face and look up. It was his father. He stands up quickly and bit his lower lip. ‘I’m dead’ he thought to himself. His father was staring at him grimly. He throws the pail to the side.

          “When did you come back?” he asked seriously.

          “12 a.m. I’m sorry I was late. I was study at the park and I didn’t realize it was already midnight.” He said quietly.

Luhan could see that his father was still staring at him grimly. He avoids his eyes from meeting his father image. Suddenly, he felt something hard wrapped around his neck. He steps backward as his father chocked his neck.

          “Are you trying to break the rule?! I told you not to go back home after 10! Don’t you understand!!!” he shouts loudly.

Luhan was breathless. He thought that he was going to die soon but fortunately his neighbour Mrs Lee passes by his house and saw everything. The middle age woman was shocked when she sees Luhan almost dead. She quickly went to him and knocked his father’s head.

          “Are you crazy?! Are you going to kill your own son?!” she shouts. “Hannie, are you alright?” she Luhan head softly.

Luhan was coughing for a few seconds. He nodded his head and smiled.

          “I’m okay. Thank you.” He said. Then, he looks at his father. “Appa, I’m sorry because I came home late. I promised I’ll come back early today. I need to go now. Bye. Ahjumma, Annyeong…” he added and smiled. Then, he lifts his bag and makes his way to the school.

 

 

 

 

~~

Luhan passes the school gate. Suddenly, he felt something flow out through his nose. He wiped his nose with his hand and sighs heavily. His nose was bleeding. It has been a month since his nose kept bleeding without any reason. Mrs Lee asked him to go and have a medical check-up but he was very sure that he’s fine. He wiped his nose until there’s no blood left.

          “Luhan…”

He turned around and saw Yoona was running towards him. She’s panting as she tapped Luhan shoulder and smiled.

          “Good morning…” she grinned.

          “Morning…” Luhan said as they walk together to the school.

They walk along the corridor happily. Actually, Luhan came from an ordinary high school but due to his better grades he was transfer to SM High, the highest ranking high school in Seoul where only rich people can afford it. Yoona was a daughter to the famous entertainment company in Seoul. Yoona is the only one who willingly to be friend with Luhan even though she knows that Luhan was an ordinary boy.

          “Luhan…”

Yoona grabbed Luhan arm and make him stopped. Luhan look at her confusedly. Then, Yoona frown when she saw a wound on Luhan neck.

          “What happen to your neck?” she asked worriedly.

Luhan smiled weakly. He let go Yoona’s hand from his arm and continue to walk. Yoona pouted and followed him.

          “Luhan, it was your father, am I right?” she asked softly.

          Luhan unlocked his locker and took some books. He closed the locker and looks at Yoona with a smiled. “Thanks for your concern, Im Yoona-ssi.” He chuckles.

Yoona smiled happily. That is one of the reasons why she wants to be friend with Luhan. The boy will never blames other people on what happen to him. He always be strong even though his heart was hurt. Then, Yoona smile’s vanishing. Luhan frown at that moment.

          “Luhan-ah, your nose is bleeding.” She said.

Luhan quickly wiped his nose. It was bleeding again. Suddenly, his gaze turned fade and was about to fall but Yoona help him from falling down.

          “Luhan, are you okay?” she asked.

Luhan put his arm on his forehead and nodded weakly. “Maybe I’m too tired. I’m working part-time remember?” he said calmly.

Yoona bit her lower lip and help Luhan to walk. They make their way to the classroom together.

 

 

 

 

~

          “Oh my god, Luhan what happen to you?”

Another friend of Luhan Kyungsoo was shocked when he saw Luhan was too paled. Kyungsoo was one of the school kingkas but he had known Luhan for too long. Kyungsoo once was saved by Luhan when he almost hit by the car. Since that incident, they become friends and Kyungsoo mother sees Luhan as her son too. They know everything that happens to Luhan including his father behaviours towards him.

          “Kyungsoo-ah let me go. What if EXO see you with me?” he asked and tried to take back his hand from Kyungsoo but the boy grabbed it tightly.

          “Luhan-ah, EXO are my friends and you are my friend too. I’ll never let my friend sick.” He said and takes Luhan to his sit. Yoona bid them good bye because they’re in different class. Kyungsoo take a sit beside Luhan,

          “Now tell me HanHan… It your father isn’t it?” he asked directly.

Slowly Luhan nodded and rested his head on the table.

          “Fortunately he’s not my father. If I was you I’d smacked his head hardly and make him regret.” While Kyungsoo kept mumbling about his father (I’ll run away from the house and make him die. Then I’ll burn the house and left him there. Hahaha...) Luhan closed his eyes try to make himself calm.

He was about to sleep when something hard falls on his head. He wake up and saw a tick book. “Oh my god Luhan, are you okay? WHO IS THAT B****? I WON’T LET ANYONE HURT MY FRIEND?!” he shouts.

 Luhan and Kyungsoo looked at the door. Then, they saw them standing at door and staring seriously at them. Then, they make their way towards Luhan and Kyungsoo.

          “I’m the one who throws the book on his head. I am Suho, your leader. What are you going to do? Beat me?” he asked cynically.

          “Do respect him Suho hyung. He’s my friend and I won’t let anyone hurt him including you guys.” He warns the boys.

Suddenly, they laugh.

          “Kyungsoo-ah, you sound so funny when you’re trying to protect this poor boy.” Minseok said happily.

Luhan lowered his head. He was mad because Kyungsoo had been fooled by s because of him. Then, he notices that one of the boys is staring at him. They look at each other for a few seconds before someone chocked his neck. It was Chanyeol.

          “What are you staring at kiddo?” he asked.

Chanyeol accidently pressed the wound on his neck makes Luhan scream in pain. EXO was shocked and Chanyeol quickly released his hands from Luhan neck.

          “Luhan, are you o… Oh my god, your neck is bleeding. We need to take you to the hospital right now.” Kyungsoo eyes turned wider than just now.

          “NO…”

          “What the… You need to go Luhan.” Kyungsoo tried to help him but Luhan stay still on his sit.

        “I don’t want to go there. I’m fine. It’s just a small wound and it will recover soon.” He said and smiles.

 

 

Sehun P.O.V

“I don’t want to go there. I’m fine. It’s just a small wound and it will recover soon.” He said and smiles.

Luhan is the weirdest person I ever met. Why didn’t he angry? Why he didn’t fight back? He always smiles on what happen to him. He never gets mad and always goes through this torture calmly. I can’t deny that his smile is wonderful. I love that smile very much. It looks sincere and sweet.

          “Actually, I haven’t finished my maths homework and I don’t think I will do it so… will you do it for me…? Don’t worry, I’ll pay you.” the tall guy named Kris wrapped his arm around Luhan. Kris was known as the laziest student in SM High but no one dares to tell him that. His father was a successful businessman and owns a lot of company around the world.

          Luhan look at Kris and give a small smile. “S…Sure… Just leave it here and I’ll do it for you.”

          “Hyung, you should do it yourself. Luhan has a lot of work to do.” Kyungsoo hate it when s used their money to inquire Luhan to do their work. To him, it’s unfair.

I look at Luhan once again. Luhan look perfect when he’s smiling. Luhan was known as the best student in SM High. He plays soccer well and always get top ranking in school. I envy him very much. Actually, all of us envy him. He may be poor and ordinary but he has smart brain that can help him to success one day.

          “Sehunnie, do you want him to do your homework?”

I was shocked when I felt something tapped my shoulder. It was Lay hyung. “No. I want to do it myself.” he said.

“Wow, our maknae really take his responsibility as a student. I am really proud of you.” Chanyeol hyung messed up with my hair. I frown at him. I hate it when he messed up with my hair not only him but everyone. Then, I saw Luhan look at me but when I look at him, he lowered his head.

 

 

 

 

 

~~

Author P.O.V

It is recess time. Everyone makes their way to the cafeteria to satisfy themselves with foods. Kyungsoo asked Luhan to tag along with him to the café but he reject the offer. Luhan stay alone in the classroom. He starts doing the maths homework that EXO members leave for him.

He loves maths very much. To him, maths could help him forgets his problems and make himself peace. Suddenly, another book was thrown on his table. Luhan look up and saw Sehun was standing in front of him. Luhan lowered his head and his lips several times.

Sehun take a sit in front of him and look at Luhan with his poker-faced.

          “Why are you stopped?” he asked impassively.

          Luhan bit his lower lips. “Sorry.” he said softly and continues his work.

          “You didn’t do any wrong. Why say sorry?” he asked again.

‘Oh my god, why is he keeps asking me?’ Luhan thought to himself. Luhan look at Sehun scarily. He don’t know why but his heart was beating very fast when Sehun look at him like that.

          “May I help you?” he asked.

Sehun flipped on his book and shoves him one question. “I can’t get the values of x.” he said.

Luhan take the book and read the question. Suddenly, he smiles. “You should use this formula to solve this question. Straight line can be a bit confused sometimes. There are a lot of ways to solve it…”

Sehun look at Luhan and smiles secretly. He doesn’t know that Luhan can be talkative when he teaches someone.

          “Sometimes I was mad too because I couldn’t get the answer right but you know what, if you keep trying I’m sure you’ll get the answer right. Here you go.” Luhan smile widely and hand in the book to Sehun. Luhan smiles turned fade when he realized that Sehun was looking at him seriously. “I’m sorry I talked a lot.” He said.

          Sehun took the book and stands up. “Thanks for teaching me.” He said impassively and walks away. Luhan lowered his head and pouted but then he saw a chocolate bar on his table. He grabbed the chocolate bar and called Sehun.

          “S…Sehun…” he makes his way towards Sehun and shoves him the chocolate bar. “You left this…” he hand in the chocolate bar to Sehun but the boy look at the chocolate bar emotionlessly.

          “It’s not mine. It’s yours.” He said coolly.

          “But…”

          “You should eat too. What are you? A robot?” he said and leaves the blank Luhan.

          “Did he buy this for me?”

 

 

 

First chapter are here… I know this chapter might not relate with the plot but I’ll come back to the plot soon… This is just the introduction.

Anyways, leave your COMMENTS and thank you for SUBSCRIBES.