Confession

KISS KISS

“You ever kissed a boy?”

Chanyeol’s question came completely out of the blue, taking Baekhyun by surprise.

“What?” he asked and stared at his best friend. They had been lying on the green grass of Baek’s parents’ backyard for quite a while now, enjoying their day off from practice with 11 EXO member (ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ)  and doing absolutely nothing. Everything had been fine, comfortable and easy until Chanyeol had asked this question and the whole atmosphere changed.

“Well, I’ve just been wondering... Did you never think about what it would be like? To kiss a boy, I mean.”

“No!” Baekhyun exclaimed quickly. “Of course not!”

But it was a lie and Baekhyun knew that fully well. Of course he had thought about things like that. He had never actually planned on really doing it but in probably every boygroup’s career came the point one day where you asked yourself what it would be like to just kiss one of your member mates. Simply because you saw them almost every day, showered with them, travelled with them and went through everything with them. Experienced the most horrific defeats with them, celebrated the most amazing wins with them... Being a member of a boygroup was sometimes an emotional thing and spending so much time with other men – or boys – made you think those things. Baekhyun was no exception.

“Really?” Chanyeol looked at him as if he didn’t believe him and Baekhyun was pretty sure his friend really didn’t do so. “Because I have.”

“Oh.” Baekhyun quickly looked away from Chanyeol. They really shouldn’t be having such a conversation. “Did you... Did you ever do it?” he then asked and Chanyeol shook his head.

“No.” he answered. “I never had the guts to ask someone. You know what the others would be like. I thought about asking Kai once but knowing him, he’d probably only freak out. You’re the first I’m telling this, you know? I really would like to find out what it’s like...”


They both stayed silent after that, not really knowing what to say after Chanyeol’s confession.

Baekhyun stared intently at the bright blue sky, thinking about what Chanyeol had just said. He wanted to find out what it was like to kiss a boy. He had even thought about just asking someone. Kai. Baekhyun felt a slight twinge in his stomach at the thought of that, feeling really, really strange. He didn’t know what was up with him suddenly or he didn’t want to know but... Why had Chanyeol asked Kai and not him?