(Not Recorded) Scene #2

When the Cameras are Off

(Not Recorded) Scene #2
-"I'm glad youre here"


Author's POV

As the morning approached the Roommates House, Park Bom was sleeping comfortably in her bed as if she didn't have a care in the world. The cameras were still not working today and most of cast members had left to work on some of their projects. The spring goddess didn't have to leave till later so she could spend the rest of the day sleeping or eating, which she didn't have a problem with doing at all.
But today, fate decided to way in. 
And as if fate called her name, Bom's eyes popped opened and as if I was second nature to her, she reached behind her pillow and pulled out a small pudding cup. Fate was probably shaking its head at her as she ate her pudding contently but this was Park Bom after all.
After she finished eating her small pastry, she put the container on her night stand and laid back down get a small nap in before she officially started her day. But fate wouldn't let it happen. 
After a minute of laying down with closed eyes, they popped back opened and she sat up and looked around as she just now noticed that her two roommates were gone. She also noticed that the camera was off and murmured an "Eh?"  Before getting out of the bed and surveying it.  
Still not coming to terms that it wasn't working, she tried doing a little dance in front of it. She then asked for the camera to play 2NE1's new song "Come Back Home." Silence again followed after her request.
Just as she was about to give up and go she then used up her last attempt by yelling "Action!" but the camera never reacted. 
Feeling like her hard work was gone waste Bom slowly walk out of her room.  As she walked down the small hallway, the atmosphere felt too quiet so she decided to go to Soo-hyun and Nana's room. 
Bom slowly opened the door and looked all around but to her dissatisfaction, no one was there.
She looked in Chanyeol and Mama Shin's room but no one was there either. 
She did the same with Kang-joon and  Minwoo's room but again got the same result.
Just as she was about to give up, Dongwook appeared in her mind. She smiled a bit as she thought about him.
The actor was a charming man. He was the first cast member she meet on her first day here. She knew who he was as soon as she saw him and immediately was amazed at how tall he was in person. This was a good thing for Dongwook because she liked tall guys. The singer assumed that Dongwook might be mean due to how he acted in the dramas he starred in but he definitely proved her assumption wrong. He immediately helped her with her luggage and he was always looking out for everyone. He was almost like a big brother to everybody in the house and she liked him for that. He wasn't bad on the eyes either. She watched him on tv and thought he was nice-looking but he looked even more handsome in person.
But what really got her was his smile. She had only seen it a few times during her off hours in the house but when she did, something stirred inside of her and she suddenly felt happy. And a few reasons he did smile and laugh was because of her and that made her even more happy. Just picturing him smiling made her blush a bit but she took a deep breath to cleared her mind from it.
She slowly tip-toed towards his room and knocked on the door. "Oppa?" She asked in a hesitant voice before opening the door and seeing Dongwook sitting up on his bed while reading pieces of paper.

Bom's POV
I poked my head through the door and watched as Dongwook looked up from his paper towards me. "Oh, Hey Bommie." 
Bommie? I didn't know we were on nick name terms...  "Hi... " I said trying to figure out a nickname for him also. What about Dongie?..or Dong-Dong? Oh that sounds like Poong-Poong! 
"Bom?" 
"Huh?" I asked as I woke up from my train of thought. 
"You're welcomed to come in." He told me before chuckling lightly. 
I smiled and told him okay as made my way inside the room, closing the door behind me, and sitting on the end of his bed.
"You seemed like you were in another world, what's on your mind?" He asked curiously as he set aside his pieces of paper.
I reached over and grabbed one of Se-ho's pillows and brought it on Dongwook's bed so that  I could lean on it. "Uh...I was trying to make up a nick name for you..."
"Ah." He said with a light smile and sat back against the headboard. "People have been trying do that for years but I guess my name makes it hard."
"Don't worry Dongwook. I won't give up on it. Fighting! Fighting! Yah! Yah! Yah!" I said and made fist pump motions. He seemed like he was trying not to laugh at me but his plan failed as he leaned his head back on the backboard with his arm covering his eyes, laughing hysterically.
I suddenly stopped my chanting and pouted while crossing my arms. "Yah! I'm trying help you out and you repay me by laughing...keep it up and your nick name will be pretty boy."
"Wait." He said as his laughter died down and he leaned his head backs towards me with a smile. "Pretty boy? As in one of your old songs?"
"Yes. That's what you're acting like."
"Oh so you think I'm handsome?" He said with a knowing smirk.
Oh no! Please don't let him see me blush!  I thought as I felt my cheeks heat up a bit. "I didn't say that!" I exclaimed with a small smile as I tried to find something that would help me change the subject. 
My  eyes spotted his pieces of paper. "Oppa, What's this?" I asked as I pointed to it.
He eyes followed mine towards the paper and he instantly grabbed it. "Oh, it's my script for Hotel King. I was practicing some lines before you came in."
"Oh really? I'm sorry for interrupting-"
"No, it's okay. I'm glad you came." He told me as he stared at my face with a smile.
And there goes that smile of his...How beautiful is this life?  "You are?" I asked while looking down at my hands, suddenly feeling self conscious.
"Yeah...uh- I'm mean I woke up this morning and Se-ho was gone. I walked around the house but no one was around so I thought everyone had left and I suddenly started missing everyone. But then you showed up so now I'm not lonely. I'm glad you're here" He confessed while starring at his script. He seemed a bit nervous too.
I nodded my head as I listened to him and looked up at him quickly before looking back at my hands. "I  felt the same way. I mean first the cameras were off and everyone was gone. But luckily I thought of you and decided to check your room. I'm glad you're here too."
I said as I tucked my hair behind my ear. 
The room soon got quiet and looked up and my eyes latched on Dongwook's face as he read his script. He seemed so into his reading that he didn't seem to notice me staring at him. 
My eyes scrolled from his handsome face down to his fitted shirt. He definitely worked out. He seemed like he had a toned and well-built body. Oh boy...I might have a mental breakdown if I keep looking at his body...
I forced my eyes to look away from him and I noticed the time on the alarm clock. It's was 1:30. I have to leave in a few hours. Hopefully our roommates will come soon so I won't have to leave Dongwook Oppa alone again.
"Bom?"
"Huh?" I looked up to where the voice came from.
Dongwook grabbed his script and handed over to me. "Do you mind helping me read some lines?"
"Uh, no. Not at all. Whose part am I reading?" I asked as I scanned over the script.
Dongwook slid over towards me so that he could get a better look at the paper. "Uh, Ah Mo Ne.
I read her lines in my head and then pouted. "Dongwook...I don't know how to act..."
Dongwook shook his head and smiled. "How can you say that when you haven't even tried...take me and you for example.  You're an amazing singer while I'm a horrible one. But I would have never known if I didn't try to sing a song."
"I'm sure you're a good singer. You're just trying to make me feel better." I said while looking at him with a smirk.
"Oh really?" He asked before horribly screeching a lyric from 2NE1's new song . "Come back home! Can you come back home? Eh!" 
As I heard his horrid singing all I could do was laugh. "Okay Oppa." I said but he kept on singing. "Come baby-baby! Come-come baby! Co-co-co-come baby-baby, come-come!"
"Okay. Okay. You can stop!" I insisted as I reached over and hit him lightly but he closed his eyes and kept on singing, only louder this time around. 
Oh god! Why won't he stop his racket. I guess desperate times cause for desperate measures. I thought as I quickly crawled towards him and started hitting hitting then resulted into grabbing both of his wrist with my hands and bringing him on the bed with me on top of him. "Dongwook, I understand now! You can stop!" 
"Okay. Okay. I'll stop." He held his hands in surrender and looked up at me. "How was it?" 
"It was bad. Just plain bad. Maybe I should just stick to the singing and you stick to the acting." I said teasingly as I soften my grip on his wrist and laughed lightly while staring down at him. 
"Yeah, maybe..."He smiled as he stared back at me but his smile seemed to fade and he slowly grabbed my hands and caressed them with his thumb for a bit before sitting the both of us up yet he didn't break eye contact with me at all.
My heart felt like it was gonna burst through my chest as he kept staring right at me and just as he seemed like he was about to say something,  someone knocked on the door and I quickly snatched my hands away and pretended to be interested in Se-ho's pillow.
"Dongwook are you in there? Where is Bom?" a voiced asked. So-Ra 
 I felt Dongwook's stare on me before hearing him say "Yes, I'm here. Bom's here too. Come in."
So-Ra opened the door and looked at the both of us with a curious expression and said hello to the actor before walking over to me and frowning worriedly. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you I was leaving Bom, I just didn't want to wake you up from your sleep. I didn't know everyone was leaving this morning." 
"It's okay So-Ra." I said with a smile. "Dongwook and I kept each other company." I explained while looking at the fellow roommate a few times. "Where'd you go?"
"Oh I went shopping. I even bought you and Ga-yeon a few things. They're in our room."
She told me before standing up, looking curiously at Dongwook and walking out of the room. I got up also and placed Se-ho's pillow in its rightful place before looking back at Dongwook. 
He looked conflicted with himself and I was also feeling the same. If  So-Ra hadn't came in...what was he gonna say? Would we have...no way. He doesn't like me like that.

Author's POV
Before Bom decided if she was gonna ask him, Se-ho bursted in and and looked at the both of them curiously. "Hello Bom... anything interesting happened while I was gone?" He asked while eyeing his roommate. After all, he did know that Dongwook liked the singer. 
"No, not really." Dongwook quickly said with a short laugh as he eyes went between Se-ho and Bom. The look on Dongwook's face gave Bom the sign to leave before the comedian started asking questions. "I'm going to my room. See you later."
"But I just got here." Se-ho pouted and pretended to be sad. 
She laughed at the expression on his face and walked towards the door. "So-Ra bought me some things. Don't worry, I show them to you when you interview me tonight." I joked. It was something they started doing every time Bom came home from practice.
"It better be good." Se-ho said with a teasing frown before jumped on his bed which earned a laugh from about as she walked out the room.