(Not Recorded) Scene #1

When the Cameras are Off

Scene #1 (Not Recorded)
"Can You Keep A Secret?"



Author's POV

Tonight was just another night in the Roommate house, specifically a week after the two beloved cast members officially became a couple. But unfortunately, the producers wanted the audience and the other roommates to be kept in the dark about their union, cutting the special scene out of the particularly popular episode.

The producers also called them both in, telling them that they were going to have to keep their relationship a secret for the time being, which is both a pro and a con. Because of the two's hectic schedules, Dongwook with his acting in a new popular drama and Bom's touring for 2NE1, it would help them seem less like a couple but for them that would mean having less time to spend with each other. But boy were they going to try. 

In fact, that's what they were doing now. In the midst of the midnight air surrounding them, they were laying on the wooden bench, admiring the stars and in Dongwook's case the beautiful 8D girl in front of him. Who knew that it would take a little distance from one another to realize the mutual feelings that they held for each other. And now here they were, together under the moonlight, away from the cameras and the other sleeping roommates to spend as much time as they could without pretending that nothing was going on between them. 

Their relationship has just begun yet they couldn't really express theirselves freely. Not that they would kiss or hold hands in front of the others because that would be kind of embarrassing but still. A newly couple shouldn't have to go all of through this. And didn't the show encourage dating? But the producers told them that they would have to keep it under wraps only for a little while. But just how long was a little while?

This question  had been weighing on Dongwook's mind after the meeting between him, Bom and the producers. Dongwook didn't want to hide his love and affection for Park Bom. This special girl was apart of 2NE1 and the popular girl group had millions of admirers. Heck, their fans even shipped some of them with her. He was also a fan after all and she was his favorite but he never knew about the ships such as TopBom, GBom,  SiBom and etc; not that it mattered, even though she was close to the first two, but he couldn't help how he felt. He wanted everyone to know that she was his and he was hers alone. 

But it made him happy that he was now included in the shipdom. Thanks to the loyal fans that were watching Roommate, most of them saw the chemistry and attraction oozing between the two and decided to ship them together. Dongwook, of course, had no idea about it until Bom had come home from the tour and he just happened to be at home.


Dongwook's POV (Earlier today...)
"Is everything alright?" I asked the cameraman as I watched him meddle with the camera in the corner of the living room. Mama Shin mentioned that this morning, he noticed that the red light on the camera wasn't on and figured it had stopped working so one of the cameramen had to come by and fix it.

 The man slowly got down from his ladder and closed it up while saying "Neh. The battery life was just low but it should be filming normally in about 10 or 15 minutes."

I nodded my head and stood up with a smile. "Okay. Thank you so much." I  said and bowed mannerly. The man smiled and bowed back and we both bided each other goodbye as I walked him back to the front door. When he was gone, I came back inside and met Seho, who had just came from up the stairs.

"Was that the cameraman?" He asked curiously as we walked into the living room.

I nodded my head as we both sat on separate sofas. "Yeah. He said it will be on in between 10 and 15 minutes." I told him as I made myself comfortable and closed my eyes, my mind drifting off to the black haired beauty that had stolen my heart. She was in the house somewhere, probably in her room talking with So-ra and Gayeon. I hope she comes downstairs so I can see her at least. It would look suspicious if I was looking for her...

"So..." Seho said before looking around the make sure the coast was clear. "How are things between you and Park Bom?"

"What do you mean?" I questioned, my eyes still closed but my eyebrow slightly rose up, a bit surprised that he was asking that question. I haven't told him about Bom and I yet so I wonder why he's asking about her all of a sudden. Is it obvious that something is going on? 

"You know what I mean. Have you confessed yet?" Seho asked and he looked at me through those big spectacles of his that slid down his nose just a little bit.

I slowly opened my eyes and glanced at the camera. It's been at least 5 minutes since the camera been fixed. Which mean only 5 more to go just to be on the safe side and enough time to tell his roommate what was going on. If there was anyone in the house I wouldn't want to keep secrets from other than Bom, it would be Seho. I looked back at my roomie and asked "Can you keep a secret?" 

He nodded eagerly. "Neh."

A sighed escaped my lips as I let out a relieved smile after a while and said "Yeah. We're a couple now.

"Wae? When did all of this happen?" Seho asked excitedly as he sat up and turned towards me.

A small chuckle escaped my lips as I smiled, the memory of the night flooding my mind. "The night of the prank. When I came back from Gangwondo, remember?"

"Ah! That night... But how could that have happened when everyone was fast asleep- Oh you rascal!" Seho exclaimed as he got up and playfully messed up my hat and my hair as I tried to push him, back, both of us laughing. "That explains the swollen lip too."

"Ani-yah. It wasn't like that." I told him as I felt my cheeks heat up a bit, fixing my hair before putting my hat back on while watching  Seho as he sat back down and looked at me. "I just got up to get a glass of water and she happened to be there. She was mad about the prank we pulled and we argued for a bit until the thunder shot down and she jumped in my arms and we made up. That's it." 

Seho nodded his head. "Okay... So since then, you two have been together for a week?" 

I nodded my head with a proud smile. "A week exactly." Then I glanced at the the camera before looking back at Seho. I have less than 2 minutes left.  "But the producers want us to keep it a secret for now so they cut the scene out. Which means that you mustn't mention this to none of the others."

A surprised look appeared on his face as he said "I thought the show encouraged dating?" 

"They do but the way they explained it was complicated. They promised us that it would only be for a little while..." I said slowly as I eyed the camera. The clock was ticking. Seho only has less than a minute to mention one last thing.

"So I'm the only one in the house that knows about this?" 

I nodded my head. "So-ra might know but don't mention anything about it unless  she says something and you two are alone. The others can't know and the audience can't know right now."

He nodded his head understandingly. "Okay, hyung. I won't tell a soul." 

Just as he said that I heard someone coming down the stairs, causing me to sit up and Seho  to turn around and wait to see who it was. Once the footsteps ceased, a black haired girl appeared and I felt a smile spread across my lips as she made a step towards the kitchen before looking over at us.

Her doe-like eyes widened a bit as a beautiful smile lit her face. "Oh! Hey Seho and Dongwook oppa. Mind if I join you guys?"

"No, not at all." I said quickly, much to Seho's amusement as he shook his head along with me and asked her to come over.

I watched as she sat down and looked at us both, her eyes lingering on me a second too long before moving to Seho. "How was the tour?" I asked curiously. I hadn't got to talk to her much once we both started working so I was curious.

"It was great! I had a lot of fun with everyone." She said genuinely as she tucked her hair behind her ear, exposing her swan like neck. Damn, I wish we were alone...

"It was held in the Philippines, right?" Seho asked.

Bom nodded her head animatedly. "Neh. The people there are so nice. Beautiful culture too. Oh! That's reminds me... I have something to show you guys." She said as she stood up quickly and ran around the couch to get to the stairs.

Seho leaned back on the sofa and yelled "Wait!"

"Wae?" Bom asked as she leaned her upper body over the glass that was on the side of the stairs, her long black hair hanging down with her and framing her face perfectly as she looked at Seho and I. I think I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world...

"Did you buy us some presents?" He asked curiously.

Bom shook her and ran back up the stairs while yelling "Aniyah!" Haha. She's cute...

We both started laughing and I said "I wonder what she going to show us." I watched at Seho laughed silently and murmured "I bet you do." My eyes slightly widened and I said " Wae?" which caused us both to laugh. I knew it past 10 minutes and coming close to 15 so the camera should be on or at least coming on yet Seho seemed to be in a teasing mood.  Maybe I shouldn't have told him...

Calming down from my laughter, I looked up to see Bom walk from the stairs and back to the sofa across from mine with her black advanced type of camera in her hand. I watched her movements closely as she took out a CD from it and stood up to put it in the VCR before sitting back down and turning the TV on. "We have Roommate fans in the Philippines." 

"Really? I didn't know that." Seho said as we three watched the tape. It showed her going to the airport and leaving the Philippine airport, at the fan meeting with the rest of the group, and it eventually showed her own stage, recording the audience while performing. The part that shocked me was the fact that some of the fans were holding up different kinds of signs with Me and Bom's name on them.

"I came on stage and recorded everything." She said while motioning her hands as if she had the camcorder in her hand, much to my amusement, as we watched as the camera showed another fan holding a sign that said Dongwook + Bom = Bodong! I smiled to myself, chuckling silently as I watched the tape. So people actually want us to be together? 

Seho looked between the both of us and said "The whole world is hoping that you and Dongwook will date each other."I felt my cheeks heat up again as I chuckled at the tape.

 Bom smiled and nodded her head. "I was thinking the same thing." She said and secretly cut a look at me and we both smirked at each other. Little do they know that their wish has come true...

(Present)
I sighed peacefully as I watched the beautiful woman in front of me, smiling in content as she pointed at the different stars across the night sky, tell me that she once saw a constellation shaped like corn and that she was looking for it. I just laughed silently.

"Oppa? Are you listening to me?" She asked as she turned her head towards me, batting her chocolate doe-like eyes. I took in a deep breath and sighed. This girl is gonna be the death of me...

"Neh...I was just thinking about that tape you showed Seho and I earlier... I can't believe they're calling us Bodong..." I told her and laughed to myself.

She smiled softly. "Wae? I like it. It has a nice ring to it...and it rhymes with Poong-Poong." She said before sitting up. "I should have brought Poong-Poong out here. I want to cuddle with him." Wae??? 

I reached and pulled her back down. "Why would you want to cuddle with that doll when you have a boyfriend?" I remarked as I turned her back towards me and wrapped my arms around her.

I felt her laugh a little as she put her hands over mine. "I guess I didn't think about it..." It became quiet betweens us but not the awkward kind of quiet. There was never an awkward moment between us, not when we were like this.

"I think we should head back before somebody wakes up." She softly said after a while.

I sighed heavily, knowing she was right but I wanted to savor this moment together. I felt like I could hold her in my arms forever. "Wae? We haven't been out here that long." I mumbled as I nuzzled my nose in the crook of her neck, causing her to take in a deep breath as I felt her stomach contract from under my hands. I smiled to myself, knowing that she liked it when I did that, though she never would admit it.

"Oppa, it's been an whole hour..." She let out as I felt her breathing slow down, caressing my hands softly as she laid her head back to give me more access to her neck as I rubbed my nose against the curve of it.

I smiled as I leaned over and let my lips touch her ear as I whispered "Just let me hold you for a few more minutes..."

I heard her gasp slightly, before she nodded her head. "Okay." She whispered back.