(Not Recorded) Scene #2

When the Cameras are Off

Scene #2 (Not Recorded)
"I'm Not a Women, I Tell You."



Author's POV

Tonight had marked the end of another full and eventful day for Park Bom as practice ended. Bom was dead tired and it probably showed on her face but she didn't really care at the moment. All that was circulating in her mind was corn pudding, poong poong, a soft and comfy bed, and Dongwook. A small coat of pink covered her cheeks as her thoughts were soon filled with images and memories of him. 

She was holding her end of the deal with producers of course, not telling a soul about her relationship with the handsome actor and recently her roommate but sometimes it was hard. The rest of the 2ne1 members, Cl, Minzy, and Dara, were not only her label mates and group members but they were also her closest friends and she was dying to tell them about what was going on. Well at least Cl and Minzy.

You see, after Dara called Sora about the main vocalist's weird behavior and the model told the fresh faced member why Bom was acting that way, a lightbulb went off in Dara's head. The way Bom's face lit up and her eyes sparkled for a second when she or someone else mentioned the actor before changing the subject, why she should have already knew that something was up. And now that she came to the conclusion that they could possible be a couple now, she was patiently waiting on her unnie to tell her. 

But unless she had to force it out of the black-haired girl, Bom wasn't planning on telling anyone in the near future. It wasn't that she didn't trust her band mates but she just didn't want to risk her relationship with Dongwook. Plus the producers promised that they wouldn't have to hide it for long and she was praying that it wouldn't be an empty promise.

They'll know in due time. She thought as she bided everyone goodbye,  hastily walking out of the studio. She couldn't wait to get to the car so that she could text  Dongwook on the way to the Roommate house. After all, she hadn't seen him in a few days so she missed him like crazy.

"Wait! Bom unnie!" 

Bom tired eyes widened slightly as she turned around and saw Dara jogging towards her. "Wae?" She asked slowly.

The younger woman stopped and smiled softly. "You left this." She said as she held up Bom's cellphone.

"Ah!" Bom grabbed it quickly and hugged it in relief. "I thought it was in my purse. I don't know if I could survive without it." She said as she slipped it in her bag, a thought slipping in her mind while doing so. I hope she didn't see the wallpaper...

Dara laughed softly before saying. "Yeah, you left it on the chair and I knew you would freak out if you couldn't find it." Then she smirked and added "By the way, I like that picture of you and Dongwook oppa."

Darn it. Bom thought as she pulled the phone back out to look at it, smiling a bit at how cute they looked. One of the Bodong fans took it and she quickly grew a liking to it and before she knew it she saved it as her wallpaper. "Yeah. I like it too." She confessed quietly, caressing the side of Dongwook's face on the screen. Am I lucky or what?

"It's so cute...In fact, you guys almost look like a couple." Dara commented, hoping that Bom would finally tell her what was going on between the two. 

Bom's eyes widened slightly for a second before she gave a small fake laugh. She wasn't gonna lie to Dara so the next best option was to flee. "Well, I better head back to the roommate house. I'm so tired from today's practice. You should get some rest as well." 

Dara slowly nodded her head as she stared at Bom. "Yeah... Today's practice was more tiring than any other. See you tomorrow, Bomtaro." She said with hint of disappointment before she took a step back and waved.

Bom waved back, giving her a tired smile. "Okay, Dara." She said before turning around and walking outside to the car that awaited her. The main-vocalist climbed in the backseat as she closed the door beside her. As the car started and rode off, Bom laid her head back on the headrest and closed her eyes, rewinding back to the beginning of the day when the flower boys had picked her up from the airport. 


Bom's POV (Earlier today...)

"Look, Kang-joon is calling me." I said to the camera as I turned the phone around and showed it to them as we walked through the airport. In a few minutes, I'll be boarding the plane to travel back to Korea and I can't wait to get back there. I miss everyone...especially  Dongwook.  

I quickly turned the device around answered it. "Yes, Hello?"

"Bom!" I heard the young actor say.

I smiled in surprise. "Yeah, Hi!" I said and giggled a little bit as I walked. 

"Hi." He greeted back before saying "I'll put Minwoo on the phone." He told me before Minwoo intervened. "Hello?"

"Hi." I repeated with a smile as I held the phone to my mouth.

My eyes widened a bit behind my shades when I heard the other actor say "Bom, Kang-joon must feel awkward around you because he hasn't talked to you a lot." 

I slightly nodded in agreement. "Yup, it's because we haven't talked a lot."

"But me and Kangjoon were using all of your sayings earlier."

My eyes widened again in surprise. "Really? You did?" Why are people always mocking me? Am I that popular?

"Ya know, all those things you say." He told me before mocking my voice. "Ga ja!" 

Laughter escaped from my lips as I listened to them doing the same thing. I said "What the heck! What are you two doing right now?" 

"We're about to go visit Dongwook at his photo shoot." Minwoo answered. 

"Really? What about me?" I wanna go see Dongwook too...  

"You're not getting in until 5:15." Minwoo answered.

"Right. I want to go too." I said while pouting. 

"Then you should have come back sooner." That's not fair....

"You're right. But it's not like I did it on purpose." I told him as I continued walking down the hallway, causing him to laugh. "I'm getting on the plane now. I'll see you later!"

"See you later!" Minwoo and Kang  Joon said before I hung up the phone. 

I slipped my phone back in my purse before turning to the camera. "Minwoo and Kang Joon called me just as I was about to get on the plane. Minwoo and I've spent a lot of time together so we're pretty close but with Kang Joon I think it's because we haven't talk as much so it's kinda awkward. Anyway, as long as we get closer once I get back." 

Then I changed the subject. "I heard my fans made some sort of dictionary based on alien talk." I said but then I realized the cameraman was too far away and I was afraid that the audience wouldn't be able to hear me so I said "Excuse me, you need to be able to hear me so you need to get in closer," while motioning for him to come forward. He obliged but he came in too close so I said "That doesn't mean get in too close," so he backed up a bit.

Then I combed my fingers through my bangs before beginning to get curious about my appearance so I told him, "Let's see how I look." As I look into the camera to see my reflection, I let out a indescribable whine. "I look weird so even if your arms hurt a bit hold it like this. Ya know?" I asked politely, saying the last part in English.

"So speaking of..." I started to say, trying to remember what I was talking about earlier. "So can my fans-I think it would be better if I just hold the camera." I told the man with a slight smile before I took the device in my hand and held it up myself, while he turned around and walked ahead of me. "I feel really good that my fans made a dictionary based on the way I talk and that is because there are still so many words for me to use..."

As I got the door that would take me on the plane, I told the camera, "I am now on my way back to Korea from Manila," before giving it back to the camera and boarding the plane. And on my way back to Dongwook....

It wasn't long before I closed my eyes and opened them back up to notice that I was back in my home country, back to my new family, and most importantly, back to Dongwook. Of course, I wouldn't be able to see him and do the things that couples do until the producers gave them both the green light to tell everybody about their relationship but that was okay. Just seeing his face is enough.

As I made it out into the main area of the airport, I heard two young boys yell "Bom!" I turned my head quickly, almost jumping up in surprise, as I saw Minwoo and Kang Joon standing behind the fenced-in area. 

"When did you get here?" I asked curiously as I looked at them through my shades and slowed my walking pace.

"Why did you walk out with your head down?" Minwoo questioned?

They didn't even give me time to answer as Kang Joon said "Pick one."

"You have to pick one of the two." Minwoo instructed as they both held out the gifts in their hand. Minwoo had a bouquet of flowers while Kang Joon had two mini bags of bread, making me turn back towards them."You have to pick the flowers or the bread."

"I really can't choose!" I told them as I hopped from one foot to the other out of frustration while looking at both of the young boys. The flowers are really nice and pretty but I LOVE bread too.

"You have to pick." Minwoo urged.

"Anything." Kang Joon suggested, making me take another look at my options.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to know which one I would pick in the end.

I quickly snatched the bread out of Kang Joon's hand and held it close to my heart with a gleeful look on my face before watching Minwoo walk away in slight defeat as Kang Joon walked beside me with an amused smile. Sorry Minwoo! I hope you didn't think that I would pick the flowers because I'm a woman. Women have to eat too! 

Minwoo soon came back, this time addressing Kang Joon and I as our chauffeur and telling us to give him our stuff so that he could carry it to the car, which was quite amusing. He also told me that I could have the flowers and I thanked him and took them from him so that he wouldn't have to hold them. After all, he ended up carrying everything my fans have me which was really nice of him.

But Minwoo still must have been pondering over why I chose the bread over the peonies because when I got into the car with Kang Joon and made myself comfortable while he stood outside and waited to receive my luggage, he said "Women usually like flowers."

"I am not a woman, I tell you." I replied causally which made both of the young boys to laugh.

Soon enough, Minwoo got in the car and we started on the trip back home. It was awkward at first because Kang Joon was very quiet so I told him to just talk comfortably with me. Minwoo put me and my band mates album in and we all sung together for a while but soon that got boring so I turned to Kang Joon and said "Hey! Let's play rock, paper, scissors. Whoever wins gets to slap the loser's face." I told him before laughing.

He nodded his head and turned towards me, waiting for me to take all my rings off before we started the game. It was fun but I couldn't understand why I kept losing! I thought I would have an advantage for sure but the young actor proved me wrong. Either way, it cured my boredom instantly and it also brought us closer so I was happy that I thought of the game. 

Unfortunately, I had to go to practice so as soon we arrived home and Dongwook hadn't came back from his shoot yet so I took a much needed nap and when I woke up and got ready to leave, he still hadn't shown up so I was a little bit sad but I knew I could always text him or call him so that idea made me feel better as I told everyone goodbye and left.

(Present)

I sighed contently before jumping up at the sudden vibration of the phone that laid securely in my hand, making me answer it without looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me." I heard a deep and husky voice say, instantly recognizing it as my boyfriend.

"Hey!" I said in an excited yet shy voice, bringing the phone closer to my ear so that I could hear him more clearly and take a guess at what he was up to. "What are you doing?"

"I snuck outside while the crew is updating the cameras. Are you on your way home yet?" He asked curiously. 

I nodded my head as I leaned over and looked out the window shield to see how far we were from the house. "Yeah, we're halfway there."

"Ah. How was your day?" He asked with much interest.

"It was really good actually. Kang Joon and Minwoo picked me up and brought me home. Minwoo drove so Kang Joon and I played a game on the ride home. I kept losing but the game brought me and him closer so that was good..."

Dongwook chuckled a little bit before he said, "Not too close I hope."

"Is someone jealous?" I teased with a playful smile.

He laughed again. "Of him? No. Of the fact that he got to spend time with you? Yes."

I smiled softly as I looked down at the black carpet. "Did they tell you that I wanted to come with them your shoot?"

"No. How come you didn't come?" He asked curiously.

I sighed silently to myself. "My flight wasn't scheduled early enough so I couldn't come..." I answered with a full on pout.

He must have heard me do it because he started laughing again. "I wish I could see your face right now."

"Aigoo... I probably look all tired and sweaty..." I said lowly.

"Or still as beautiful as when I first saw you when you walk through that door on the first night here." He said genuinely.

I shook my head slowly. "You always exaggerate when it comes to my looks." I told him, dismissing his complements.

"Only because it's true." He said in a serious yet soothing tone which made my heart stop and my cheeks flood with a pink coating. I didn't argue any further with Dongwook because it was no use really. He knew how insecure I was about myself so he didn't mind showering me with complements from time to time but it wasn't until now that I realize that maybe he wasn't just doing it to make me feel better. He did it because that's what he truly thinks when he looks at me. 

Now that I think about it, I do remember how he stared at me for a minute when we first met but I though it was from the mere fact that I was from 2ne1. I also remember how he used to stare at me sometimes whether we were alone or with the other roommates; I just never understood why. Could he have really thought I was beautiful then?

"Bom? You still there?"

"Yeah..." I answered. "I was just thinking..." 

"What were you thinking about?"

I laughed silently. "You."

My smile grew a tad bit bigger as I listened to him chuckling to himself. "Does it ever get boring?"

I shook my head without hesitation. "Nope. It's my favorite pastime actually."

"Looks like we both share that." He told me smugly which made me gasp loudly. His laughter soared through the phone before he said "I'm joking , Bom. It's being with you that's my favorite pastime."

"Mhmm... You haven't told me how your day was yet."

"It's was good. Minwoo and Kang Joon came to the shoot and brought me blood sausage soup and soju." He said before laughing.

A surprised expression was painted on my face as I said, "They really brought you that to eat? What gave them that idea?"

"Actually, when they called and asked me what I wanted to eat, I told them that but I was only joking and Minwoo knew that but Kang Joon...he has a mind of his own so..." I laughed at his comment on the younger flower boy before he continued. "Then we were able to take some pictures together and they left. I came home a few hours later and we decided to have a barbecue since Kang Joon invited his friends over to eat."

"Aww. Okay. What did you guys cook?" I asked curiously.

"Ya know, the usual: steak, sausage, with peppers, and lettuce and stuff." He said causally.

My mouth started watering at the thought of all the delicious foods he named. "I bet it was good." I said, trying not to sound disappointed at the fact that I wasn't there to enjoy it.

Dongwook chuckled silently while saying, "Don't worry. I saved you a plate."

"Really?" I exclaimed, quickly lightening up at the thought of a delicious and mouthwatering plate waiting for me. "Thank you, Oppa!"

"You're welcome- Hey is that you driving up?" He asked.

I looked out the window and noticed a tall figure standing on the sidewalk with a phone in his hand. "Yeah it is." I told him before hanging up and waiting for the car to stop. I wasted no time grabbing my bag and getting out once it did and I ran straight towards Dongwook and hugged him as I heard the car behind me drive off.

"Looks like someone missed me a lot." He teased  as he hugged me back which caused me to hit him on his back. 

"Shut up." I mumbled in his chest as I took the time to smell his sent and smile warmly before pulling away. "Where's the food?" I questioned as I took a step back and tried to walk towards the door.

Dongwook grabbed my hand gently, making me turn around as he pulled me back towards him with an amused smile. "You seem like you're excited to see the food more than me." He told me before feigning a cute little pout.

"I am excited to see you. I'm just hungry." I said with all honesty.

He let go of my hand and crossed his arms, still acting like a child. "Well, I'm hungry too." 

"Didn't you already eat?" I questioned which caused him to shake his head so that he could contain his laughter.

"I'm not talking about food." He said as he looked straight into my eyes, making the little girl in me faint, as he closed the distance between us in one long stride. 

Just as he took the tip of my chin and held it up so that he could lean down and kiss my lips, which I would have let him do anytime, the image of food showed up in my mind in the last second so just as his lips touched mine, I turned away and stepped back. "Okay, but let me eat first! I'm sure my lips will taste much better after that." I told him with an innocent smile as I turned around and walked to the door.

I could hear him trailing behind me as he laughed to himself in disbelief. He probably has never had a girl reject his kisses before so this might be a first for him. "Yah! A woman would never pass up a kiss from her boyfriend just to eat."

"I'm not a woman, I tell you." 

He laughed for the hundredth time as he beat me to the door and held it open for me, like the gentlemen he was, before saying, "Yeah, well you're definitely not a man so what does that make you?"

"I guess I'm an alien." I told him as I watched him opened the door to see the camera crew getting ready to walk out. 

"The cameras should be on in a minute or two." They told us and we bowed to them respectfully, thanking them and telling them goodbye as we watched them leave before looking at one another sadly.

"I think you should go in first, just so no one will get suspicious..." I suggested quietly.

Dongwook nodded his head, looking down at the concrete path below him as he adjusted his snapback. "Yeah... Well I put your plate in the fridge so you can warm it up once you go in the kitchen..."

I nodded silently. "Okay." I felt his eyes steadily on me so I looked up and watched him as he contemplated in his mind on whether to kiss me or just leave since its was well past 1 minute. He knew he didn't have much longer to stand there and decide on which to do so he quickly leaned over and kissed me on my head before rushing inside the house.

I stood there and savored the warm feeling of his soft lips on my head until I couldn't feel it anymore and silently walked inside the house before heading to the kitchen, wishing that I should have acted like a normal women for once and accepted his kiss when I could have.