Marriage

YulTi collection (One shots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I know I know, the title is lame.  And prolly the story to, but I'm hoping you'd like it? hehehe. I figure it's been a while since I updated so I wrote this one quickly.  Warning though, it is kinda,sorta, maybe,long? hehehe. I think it should be an ongoing but thenI can't handle multiple ongoing since I have a JeTi one right now. 

Anyway... you guys! I'm going crazy because of TTS and and and as if that's not yet enough, our pink monster just had to make her own IG account at the same day as the showcase. Let's just say my heart didn't have the chance to calm down since yesterday. hehehe.

Oh and Yuri's comment last night inspired me to write this thing. hahaha Ohh YulTi <3 hehehe

Make sure to watch Holler MV and listen to the album.  Let's bring them to the top once again :) 

And lastly, don't forget to follor Fany's IG account. ^.^

Before I give the story to you another warning: There's a slight cursing,just a mild one hehehe.  And sorry for that. 

Ok I'll shut up now, here you go. :) 

 

“TIFFANY HWANG MIYOUNG!” 

Oppps! That’s my dad.  I heard his voice boom around our house.

“Tiffany, darling” he sighed and I gulped the chunk of food I put inside my mouth before my father came to our house. 

I sighed, tried to put on a smile and stood up to face him.

“Daddddyy” I said with a smile and immediately hugged him, I know this would work.

“Sweetie..” he pulled away, holding my shoulders in arms length. 

I looked at him before shifting my attention to my feet.  I know he’s calming himself so he wouldn’t hurt me or say something that he’ll regret.

“Tiffany, sweetie, the bank just called me…” yes, I was right, he heard about it.

“oh that!” I laughed nervously, still trying to avoid eye contact.

 “They informed me that…” she sighed heavily “you’re trying to withdraw a relatively huge amount from your trust fund.  Why is that darling?”

Okaay.  I didn’t know they will inform my dad about this since I am already eligible of my own money.  I

am already 24 years old for ’s sake! The truth is, the reason why I went to the bank today to get some “huge amount” of cash instead of using my credit cards is because I wanted to invest on something.  I wanted to get my own coffee shop, okay?! I wanted it to be surprise so I could stop living off my father’s money.  I want to be independent for once.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my dad and all.  He provides me everything I want and need. I just want this for myself, I want to prove that I can make it.  I want to have confidence in myself.

 

I can’t tell my dad about this because, I know he’s just going to do something about it secretly. 

 

“I’ve something to do with the money daddy.”  I said trying to be innocent.

 

“What do you need the money for? Isn’t your card and bank savings enough?  You could’ve just asked me for money.”

 

See what I mean?  I am such a spoiled brat!

 

Since my mom died, my father has been extra careful of things.  He makes sure that I am provided with things I need AND want.  

“But Daddy, why can’t I get my own money?”  I asked curiously. “I am in the age where I can actually claim it, right?  Okay technically, those aren’t my money, but I am entitled to them since it’s my trust fund, right?  

My dad nodded.

“The thing is, I wanted your trust fund to secure you…” he trailed off “and your family in the future.  That’s why, one of the other conditions before you can get something from your trust fund is…” okay I don’t think I’m going to like what I will hear “… you have to be married.”

Thought so!

“What?!” I asked exasperated.

“How do you expect me to be married?!”

Yeah my dad knows who and what I really am.

“Why do you need that huge amount of money anyway?”

“I can’t tell you yet.  Daddy, do you trust me?” I asked him.  I secretly smirked knowing full well I’m in control of the situation.  The words “Do you trust me?” never fail to get into my dad.

“I do, sweetheart.  But, I’m sorry.”

What!? This is the first time he has rejected me!

“What?! Why?”

“I promised your mother that you and our grandchildren will have a secured life even after we leave the world”

OK! This is just beyond impossible! I mean how do they expect me to have children?! I mean I’m open to having my own children but… to get married? ugh! It’s not even legal in my country, damn it!

I do sound like a brat oh gosh! But I’m doing this for myself. 

“But daddy! How do you expect me to be married and and … have children?  I mean daddy, I like girls!”

“I just hope you find someone who will take care of you, honey.  I don’t care if that person is a girl, I just want her to take care of you and love you like you’re the most precious person in the world. And for the children, I’m sure you can work things out, there are ways, you know.”  He winked before pulling me in for a hug and leaving me at awe.

Okay that was just the weirdest conversation I had with my dad, no scratch that, with anyone ever!

Wait! Did my dad just suggest I get married with a woman? I know she accepts me and all but I didn’t think he’s that… open. 

I shook my head off trying to erase the things that just happened.  I need a coffee, I certainly do.

With that, I dashed off to my favorite coffee shop near my house and just stared blankly trying to let things sink in. 

I won’t be able to get my dream of having my own coffee shop, soon, then huh?

Think, Tiffany, think.

Are you over your ex yet?”         

“Psh! Of course I am! It’s been over a year!”

“So that means you won’t cry anymore if I tell you, she’s face with her new toy?”

“Whatever!”

That’s when I left the scene.  Actually, it’s not because I was jealous from what TaeYeon, my friend, was saying.  I’m over it.  I’m just tired of her and my other friends asking me over and over again. 

Ok fine I admit! I’m not completely over this! Not the fact that I still love her and gets jealous because she has a “new toy”, but just the fact that she played with my feelings.  That’s why, my oh-so-great-friends kept pestering me to get revenge on her but that’s just completely immature.

But then what she did to me after she broke up with me was not “mature” at all.  She basically made me look like I was the bad person by telling everyone we know that “I CHEATED ON HER” and spreading that until now I am still begging for her “forgiveness”.  I didn’t even try to defend myself to them, cause clearly, if they knew me and they were really my friends, they know that I am not that type of a person. So now, I am left with few of my loyal and trustworthy and not to mention annoying (I love them, don’t get me wrong) friends.

Aish! I seriously need to get my mind off these things.  I’m not even sure where I’m headed to right now.  After walking out on TaeYeon earlier, I just took my car and absent mindedly driving around.

Now that I think about it, I just want to lay down on my cozy bed and sleep.  So I headed home, but opps! Not before I get a cup of coffee from my favorite coffee shop which is located near my house.

I rushed out of the car so I could get home already, but before I could, line up to order, I spotted her.

It’s like I heard bells ring.  Why am I so brilliant?

What way to stop my friends from thinking that I am still not over Hara, and to shut people about me “chasing her”?  *chaching* yeah! Get myself a girlfriend.

So I walked over to wear she is seated.

“Be my girl friend” I blurted out of nowhere.

“Be my girl friend” I looked up to see who dares to interrupt my “thinking”.

“Where is this coming from?”  Then I smiled as she sat across from me.

“Okay, let me correct that.  Can you “pretend” to be my girlfriend”

My eyes bulged out of their place; this is what I actually need.

“Don’t get me wrong…” she tried to retract what she was saying.

“Yuri! You are the best friend, ever! You know that?”

She looked at me confused.

“I… know?” she said hesitantly.

“Marry me, instead.” I said without thinking and grabbed her hand excitedly.

“WHAT!?” she retracted her hand from mine. oppppssss…  I guess I should’ve thought first.  Oh well, it doesn’t matter now, my best friend knows I’m crazy so…

 “Marry me, instead.”  I heard Tiffany say. 

Before I could even think of what to say, my mouth suddenly blurted out

“WHAT!?” geez…this is what the word “marriage” does to me alright!

I haven’t in a million years thought I’d be married at this age, let alone marry my own best friend.   Don’t get me wrong, I love her to death but everything between us is platonic.

“So… what do you think?” Tiffany asked me hesitantly.

“Tiff, I thought you said you do don’t like me – like me before”

“ah… let’s pretend to be married.”

“Like actually get married?”

Tiffany enthusiastically nodded her head giving me a wide grin.

I still don’t know what’s gotten in to her.  I thought my plan to have my best friend to pretend as my girl friend is crazy enough, but here goes my best friend throwing me the craziest idea ever.

“And why is that?”

“I need a marriage contract”

“And why is that?”  I asked once again.

“You might actually want to order first before I tell you the rest.”

I agreed and we both ordered.  I have a feeling this is going to be a long conversation since Tiffany ordered her second drink for the day.

As soon as we settled on our table…

“So?”

“Okay, so remember I told you about me wanting to own a café’?”

“Yeah?”

“And remember why I asked you to go with me in the bank before you went to TaeYeon?”

“Tiffany… just get to the point and stop beating around the bush.”

“Fine!”

She told me the whole story, from why she wanted to own this shop so badly (I mean I understand, makes me think if I can rely on myself as well), to her trust fund and the conditions that has to be met before she can access it.   Now that I think of it, it’s not a bad idea, I can help my best friend and she can help me as well. Marriage may be over the top and all, but we got to do what we have to do, right?  Besides, it’s not like we’re going to broadcast it around the world.  It’s not a big deal. 

We agreed that we’d only expose this to the people involved; parents and friends.  Then we can divorce after getting what we both want.  Simple as that.

“Okay.” I replied shortly.

“So, you’re okay with that?”

“I guess.” I shrugged nonchalantly.

“You don’t think I’m crazy?”

“Tiff, honey, this might be the craziest idea you’ve ever told me but I don’t think you’re crazy.”

“You’re really the most understanding best friend ever!”

“I already know you’re crazy.” I retorted and laughed.

“Whatever! So why’d you want me to pretend to be your girl friend anyway?”

I just smiled at her and before I could utter a word she beat me to it by gasping loudly.

“Don’t tell me you’re finally open with the idea of revenge?” she smirked.

“I got tired of people asking me if I’m over her, even our friends keep asking me that, well except you of course, and just to prove to “other”(meaning our ex-friends) people that I AM NOT AFTER HER.” I stressed the last words.

She just laughed at me.  I know she understands where I’m coming from.  Besides, we don’t need words to know what each of us are thinking.  We just have to look at each other’s eyes and bam, it’s like we are communicating.  Maybe this is because we practically grew up together.  Being neighbors and having our parents as business partners, we became partners in crime.  Not a day was spent without us being together.  We went to school, had our vacation, went grocery shopping, name it all, we spent it together.  I guess that’s why I couldn’t blame our parents if they think we are actually a couple. 

Yeah yeah, they know and accept us wholly.  At first they thought we were kidding about both of us being gay but when we started dating girls, I think they realized that we were not kidding.  Although, we dated few people, our parents still insist that we’d still end up together, one way or the other.  Actually, now that we are both single, the teasing from our parents became more frequent. 

Mm. Usually I wouldn’t notice all those but thinking of it now, our parents have always wanted us to be together.   This “marriage” is not going to be bad after all, I guess.  Good for our parents’ business, good for me, good for Tiffany, good for our friendship, ah it’s a win-win situation then.

“You know our parents would be the happiest if we get married, right?” I smirked at her. “So when do we get married?”

Then Tiffany’s face fell.  Oh..kay…what now?

I just realized something…

I know Yuri agreed to marry me, the question now is, HOW?

How are we going to get married?

“What now, Fany-ah?” Yuri asked me.

“How are we going to get married? I mean can we even?”

Yuri didn’t seem to be bothered by it.

“It’s not going to work then” I sighed heavily and looked at the smiling Yuri. “You have something in mind, don’t you?”

“Do you fancy a vacation in Vegas this weekend Ppany-ah?”

Hah! My best friend is really brilliant! Of course, we can just go there and get married.   Same marriage is legalized there.  And I’m sure Yuri is right, once again, that our parents would be the happiest.  We wouldn’t have problems with other people then since our parents would just make it like a “partnership” stunt, but in reality, they’d love for us to be actually together. 

“Sounds like a perfect day to get married.” I answered her grinning.

Yuri then took her phone out and dialed someone.

“Appa!”

“I just wanted to ask if you could get me and Tiffany a flight to Vegas this weekend?”

“We just thought of it suddenly.”

“About a… month? I think?”

She then looked at me and nodded knowing that her dad was the duration of our stay.  This is actually the longest we’ll be staying there, I figured we both need time to adjust and get used to being “married”.

“Ok. Thank you appa.”

“Yeah, sure. I’ll see you later.”

She hangs up her phone.  And offered her hand in which I took and made our way out of the coffee shop.

“I guess this is our first official date?”

“I guess so.” I answered her unsure. “Oh! One thing, no one is allowed to know about our agreement, okay?”

“Of course! Just between the two of us, alright?”

I nodded and gave her a hug, patting her before parting. 

“So can I bring my girlfriend home for the first time?” Yuri asked me like it was for real.  I smiled at her silliness.

“Sorry babe, but I brought my own car.” I told her with the same playfulness in my voice.

“Aww come on just ask your butler to get it later, besides we need to give them hint that we have “something” before going home from Vegas and surprising everyone by being married.”

“That’s the plan, isn’t it?”

“Still, give them something to think about.”

“Alright, let’s go, baby.” I said before heading to the passenger’s seat and settled myself there.

“Why did you go there with Tiffany without telling us? What kind of friends are you two?!”

“Okay seriously, Sunny, you’re over reacting.  This isn’t the first time that we did this.”  I told Sunny, our friend over skype.

“But for a month?! Come on!”

“Alright, we are sorry, okay?” Tiffany asked for the nth time.

“Not accepted, but make sure to bring us surprise when you come back.” She then smirked at her girlfriend, TaeYeon.

“Oh you have no idea” I whispered to Tiffany which caused her to laugh.

“Okay okay, we will.”  Tiffany said trying to end the conversation.

“Look Sunny, Tae, we have to go now.  We’ll talk to you soon, okay?”

Before they could even say a word, I immediately ended the call. 

“They have no idea” Tiffany said while laughing.  

“Can’t wait to see their faces when we get back.” I said.

It’s already been a week since me and Tiffany flew to U.S, and it’s already been 5 days since we got married.  Yep we’re officially married and no one, not even our parents, know of it, yet. 

Okay, don’t give me that look, I know we did this having a wrong purpose, but hey at least we love each other.  And I think it’s not a selfish action because Tiffany, me and our parents are benefiting.  It’s not selfish, right?  

I woke up early today, so I decided to prepare breakfast for my “wife”.  If we have to pretend, might as well do it right, right?  Don’t want to risk being caught even if it’s just the two of us here, well it’s a good practice so that we won’t be awkward when we get back.  Yuri actually understand my point about owning something and trying to make it work.  I mean it’s a good practice, too, before my father hands me our own company.  At least, if I get to handle this coffee shop, I’d have the confidence to take over.  And I’d know that I actually deserve it.  

I took out eggs and milk from the fridge and just poached an egg.  I toasted few loaves and pour some milk in the glass then put them all on the tray.  I made my way to Yuri’s room for a breakfast in bed.

“Yuri-yah” I called out but she won’t even move.

So I sat the tray on the night table and kicked her , smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter