Get back

YulTi collection (One shots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Do you guys still want to read this? Hehehe anyway, sorry it's been awhile. Been a lot busy lately. Anwway,hope this is okay! Hahaha

"Let's end this." she told me one day after goofing off the whole day.

"What?" I asked unsure of what I heard.

"I said let's end this."

"Okay." I answered standing up stretching my arm to her to help her stand.

"No Yuri, let's break up?"

"Huh?"

She looked at me apologetically. Tears filled those beautiful eyes already. Before I could say anything, she ran out of my room.

I chased her as everything sinks in to me but she was nowhere to be found. I called her that night, the whole night even. I lost count of how many times I tried calling her but I cannot reach her. I went to their house but no one was in there. I was not able to sleep that night but I dressed up for school hoping that I could at least see her and talk to her.

I rushed to work the next day, having that flicker of hope that I would at least see her. There's no way she's going to skip work. Just no way. As the company filled with workers, I silently prayed to see her, but as soon as the the clock struck 8 AM, that flicker of hope slowly diminished as I stare at the empty office she used to occupy.

Sounds of chair being dragged snapped me out of my daze. It was already the end of the a meeting and I've no idea what they talked about.

 

"Oh! I almost forgot!" the manager said amidst the mixture of noise but I didn't care, I stood up took the papers in front of me, and made my way to the door.

"About Ms. Hwang." she continued. I stopped my track and waited for her to continue. Anxiety is getting me as I hear her name.

"Unfortunately, she won't be able to join us anymore. She just left for United States today." I could not believe what I just heard. Is she talking about her? Tiffany? that's non sense. Why would she leave? Without telling me?

As the thought sank in to me, I ran out of the conference room and rushed to my car. I dialed her number countless of times only to hear the same recorded voice.

 

For months I looked for her, I tried going back to the places she loved, searched for her whereabouts but all her SNS accounts are deactivated.

 

Every night I go to our favorite park, the place where I confessed to her.

But tonight, I see someone sitting on my usual spot, our usual spot. My heart raced as I look at the familiar back figure. It seemed that my world stopped revolving the moment a realization came to me. She’s here. This is for real. For months I’ve been longing to see her, and that’s her. I’m sure of it. I need not to see her face, I know that is her. My heart knows that is her.

I stared at her unmoving figure, trying to take in the fact that, this is for real. My eyes are darted to her, only her. Looking at her, observing her. Afraid that she might disappear in a single movement I make.

I might look creepy staring at her like this but I don't care. I miss her so much. I still don't believe her when she said she doesn't love me anymore. There’s just gotta be something that was making her do this but I don't know what is. And now I should just stop staring and ask her what happened between the two of us.

I inhaled deeply, mustering up the courage to face her and ask her the question that has been bugging me all these months. “What happened to us?”

I got the biggest shock of my life when I finally saw her, but it wasn’t her beautiful face that held my eyes, it was the obvious bump on her stomach. I guess I didn’t need to ask what happened. And to be honest, I didn’t even need to hear her explanation to shatter my heart in pieces. I didn’t know how long I was staring at her stomach when I saw her moved. My senses came back to me as I pulled her arm, probably strongly, as she lost her balance and sat back on the bench.

"I need to go" she whispered, avoiding my eyes.

"What did I do wrong?" I asked her. My eyes have now become blurry.

"I need to go." she said once again, trying to free her arm from my hand.

"What did I do wrong?" I repeated. Tightening my grip on her. It must've hurt her for she looked at me and pulled her arm again.

"Nothing." she whispered meekly and stopped her resistance when she looked at me in the eyes.

I don't know what to think right now. The woman I love so much, is in front of me. Breaking and shattering my heart.

The little flame in my heart that still hopes that she still loves me vanished in an instant.

 

"How long have you been carrying that?"

"8 months"

I didn't need to count the months, I didn't need to re think, I know how long she's been gone, I know how long I've been hurting, I know how long I've been crying, I know how long since the last time I saw her face.

I scoffed at the realization, I didn't even care how rude it sounded.

"So that's the reason you left me?"

 

I heard her sigh, I didn't want to look at her.

"So you cheated on me? And you can't tell me face on? huh?"

I started harshly. The pain I've felt for months started to build up as I finally found the reason. I guess it's true that ignorance is a bliss. I shouldn't have known, at least I will still be in my little bubble pretending that she still loves me and will come back to me. But this revelation hit me hard.

"Who's the father?" I asked with anger "Is it that JongSuk? That JongSuk I told you to stay away from? Is that him? Huh?" She didn't say a word and didn't even look at me, which angered me more.

"I knew it! It's him! You could've told me! But no! You just left me without a clue! I was hurting!! You cheating lying bastard!"

 

I was really angry but I didn't mean anything I said.

"You're right. I don't deserve you." She whispered just enough for me to hear.

"No you don't! I deserve someone better! someone who would have the decency to at least break up with me before getting knocked up!" I blurted out.

And in that instant, I regretted everything I said to her. I looked at her, are my eyes fooling me? Is she tearing up? Before I could even say anything she run away from me. I didn’t dare to run after her, I was still shocked from what just happened.

 

"I heard you met Tiffany." SooYoung said interrupting my train of thoughts.

I just shrugged in response. It's been almost a week since I met her. But I still couldn't quite grasp what I found out.

“Let’s not talk about her please?” I pleaded not really in the mood to think about her.

“What did you tell her?” She really cannot understand.

“Told her how much of a she is, for getting knocked up while we were in the relationship and how she doesn't deserve me.” I didn't want to repeat all those words because i do not mean any of them but I'm still angry she just ran away like that and SooYoung is pissing me off.

“You’re kidding me, right?” She asked in disbelief.

“Can we please stop!”

“No! Not until you tell me you did not say those to her.” She persisted.

“I did okay! I said all those things to her. Happy now?!” I said angrily massaging my aching head.

“How could you?! She’s been in a lot of stress and trauma! I thought you would understand once you talked to her!”

I scoffed at the absurdity.

“I thought you love her!”

“I do! But I'm not the one who got knocked up and ran away! she did!” I'm just glad we’re at my house right now and not somewhere in public. I wouldn't want us to cause a scene with all the screaming and shouting.

“She didn't have a choice! She was ! And she’s amazing and courageous enough to carry the baby a reminder of what had destroyed her!” She yelled at me and at this point I was looking at her like she was talking gibberish.

I've been staring at her for more than a minute trying to take in what she just said.

“I'm out of here.” She sighed shaking her head.

Then it finally came to me.

“What did you say?” I asked rushing to catch her. She stopped and looked at me. “What are you saying?” I pleaded her.

“I thought you love her enough to accept her and her situation.”

“But I don't understand, you said she was… She was…” I couldn't even bring myself to say the word.

SooYoung looked at me with shocked and sad eyes.

“You don't know? She didn't tell you?”

“Please tell me. Was she..? What happened?” I asked her with tears already flooding in my eyes. The possibility of that happening to the love of my life, the words that I told her, the look on her face when I said those words to her. It’s starting to make sense to me now, and as it starts to get clearer as the pain in my heart intensifies. “SooYoung, please tell me.” I begged.

SooYoung closed her eyes and sighed.

“She was .” The moment the word left and registered in my ears, I heard my heart break into million pieces. The floodgates of my eyes gave in and out comes the flood of tears. “Remember how she withdrawn from us, well except for you, after that party that was thrown at Park’s house?”

Yes I do, it was that time that I had to skip it since I was working over time. Tiffany didn't want to go but she was forced by our colleagues. The next day, she called in sick. It was uncharacteristic of her to just be absent like that, but when I visited her, she was looking very sick and very different, there were also instances when she would flinch when I touched her which I shrugged off as her be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter