Chapter VII

"We"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello dear reader,

Thank you for waiting this long for the end of this story.

Thank you also for those who have read this story more than once while waiting.

I hope I don’t disappoint you and you’ll leave me your opinion behind, whether you liked it or not :)

Chapter VII

 

“Can you explain to me what those two need to discuss?” Kiko asked with a voice which was very uncertain and also with some panic. Why did those two need to be alone? This really didn’t make any sense.

“Sorry we don’t know.” Chaerin answered vaguely. And she really didn’t know if they were back together or if they ripped each other’s head off. It was a mystery.

“I don’t believe you. “ Kiko whispered as she sensed that Jiyong’s friends would not tell her the whole truth.  “There is something. And I think you know more than you want to tell me.”

“We are as clueless as you are.” Bae told her hoping that she would accept this answer.

“You’re obviously lying. You are in this together with Jiyong! But I don’t understand what Dara’s role is…” She drifted off as they looked away ashamed. It made her only more curious about the real reasons behind this play.

Suddenly the door opened and revealed Dara walking in in front of Jiyong.

“There you are finally. Where have you been that long?” Kiko asked as she stood up and walked towards them.

“We had to talk.” Dara explained.

“And about what? Please not again another surprise…”

Dara felt that Kiko got slowly but surely annoyed. So she turned towards her friends and asked kindly.

“I need to talk to her. Could you please leave us?”

But Kiko intervened quickly before they could even move.

“No why should they leave? They will all know it after wards, because you are all friends. So they can also hear it right now!” Kiko declared in a firm voice.

“If that’s what you want...”

“It is. So tell me. What is wrong?” Kiko had crossed her arms before her chest, ready to hear anything Dara had to tell her.

“GD and I…”

“What? What did you two have to talk about with each other?” 

“Oh god…I’m so sorry I really am.” She palmed her face in her hands not being able to speak even more.

“For what are you excusing?” Panic filled Kiko as a thought crossed her head. She looked at Jiyong with a pleading look. “Please don’t tell me, that you don’t want to see me anymore.”

“No Kik-“  Jiyong started but is being interrupted by her.

“Please… I know I was very penetrant and annoyed you always but don’t give up on me I’m a good girl. I really am.” 

“This isn’t the reason. Please listen to Dara and let her explain.”

Kiko ‘s brows furrowed before she looks away from him and back at Dara.

“I-I’m…” She took a deep breath. “I’m Jiyong’s girlfriend.” Dara finally stated and Kiko’s chaw dropped.

“WHAT? You knew that I liked him and still you confessed to him?”

“No, I didn’t confess, we were already a coup-”

“What the hell are you talking about? How can you be his girlfriend?” Kiko started accusing totally not understanding what was happening here. She looked again at Jiyong for any confirmation.  “Have you agreed to this Jiyong?”

Jiyong simply nods, not knowing what to say that would hurt her less.

“I don’t believe this. You never told me that you knew her. She was never with me here. This was the first time and she was able to become your girlfriend in a matter of minutes?” She was on the edge of screaming. What were those two playing with her?

“Let Dara explain everything, please…” begged Jiyong with a low voice now.

“Jiyong…” Kiko only replies helpless back before her eyes fill with hate as she looked back at Dara.

“We are a couple. For four years by now.” Dara explained.

“Four years? You and him? What kind of sick joke is that?” Her voice rose. She was angry. What were those for fact that those two told them?  No way that this could be true.

“I’m so sorry Kiko but it’s the truth.” Now Dara wasn’t even looking at her anymore. She was way too afraid of the things that were coming her way.

“How could I be that stupid?” She threw her hands in the air before they landed next to her again. “I was always afraid of CL or his pretty dancers, but who had thought that you would be the one who would snatch him away from me? From all women…you Dara… god I don’t believe this.”

“I never wanted to hurt you…” Dara tried again, but Kiko didn’t want to listen to her.

“Stop talking nonsense!” She was on the edge of crying. “Why did you pull me into this?”

“We had a time out. For me our relationship was finished. And so I gave you his number. He agreed to that but he was trying to get me back…”

“Are you showing off now?” Dara hurt Kiko with every word she was speaking. So Jiyong was running behind her to get her back? What would she give that he would at least look at her for once?

“No Kiko… I only want you to understand that it was never my intention to hurt you. I really never thought it would turn out this way.” Dara was desperate to make Kiko understand what all this was about but she knew that there was no way she could achieve that with the state Kiko was in now.

“I told you to stop talking bull. You have been together with this man for years. You should know how wonderful he is…” She whispered full of hate before a tear rolled down her cheek.

 

Flashback – one month ago

 

“You were great Kiko!” Dara praised her with a bright smile as she entered their shared hotel room in Hong Kong. She was coming from a meeting with a business partner and they were fully into Kiko that they scheduled more photo shoots with her for the full year now.

“Really?” Kiko asked as she sat on her bed where she was already waiting for Dara’s return.

“Hmm. They even said that if the customers would like you then you could be even an endorsement model.”

Kiko screamed out of full happiness as she jumped of the bed to hug Dara.

“Oh I can make it. Dara I really can!”

Dara laughed with her as she nodded also happy that they were progressing in Kiko’s career.

“But I really have to take a long shower now. The weather here is way too hot!”

“Sure do that. I have to text that my mom.” Kiko said as she let her go to sit back on the bed while Dara went into the bathroom.

Happily Kiko rather decided to call her mom and tell her the good news. After the call and texts to her friends were done, she flatly laid on her bed and thought about how lucky she was. She had a year contract with a huge brand and not just a photo shoot. Finally she really believed that she could be a model who could make it big.

But then something popped up in her mind. She wanted to tell it somebody else too. Someone who is already big.

So she opened her Kakao Talk to only see that he hadn’t replied her message from last Thursday until now.

Faintly she heard Dara’s phone ringing on the table over the shower noise but she choose to ignore it. If she was finished with her shower she could tell her that someone had called.

She looked back at her phone screen. He still seemed to be busy. This was something she was easily accepting. He was a star. The leader of his group and also a solo artist. But somehow she hoped that maybe he could manage in between some breaks to answer her, just a short one, nothing huge. But he never actually did. And so she waited most of the times one week or more to get an answer from him.

She opened his Instagram to stalk him a little bit. Maybe there she could see what he was doing right now. Kiko was lucky. There was an uploaded photo just 15 minutes ago.

 

Kiko felt strange seeing him like that. It was okay to her that he was drinking, he was old enough. If there is something to celebrate she would be the last one to deny some good champagne.

But to her it didn’t seem that he was drinking because he was happy. What was making him sad that he need to get drunk?  She put that thought aside. If he wasn’t sad, maybe he was just tried. He’s on tour a lot so she could understand that.

Again she heard Dara’s phone. It seemed really urgent that this person was calling so much, but Kiko didn’t want to care about it.

Actually she was sad that nobody was calling her. Or rather that special somebody wasn’t calling her. Was she so bad? Did he really not like her? Not even as a friend? She clearly didn’t understand his behavior at all. He was cold and hesitant always and now maybe drunk. And there was no way she could help him, but why? She didn’t even know where he was being right now.

Now again she heard Dara’s phone and she grew angry. So angry that she even forgot Jiyong for a moment.

Who the hell was this person that was always calling now? Did Dara maybe have a boyfriend of who she had never told her of? But how was that possible if they were almost together 24/7, no time for a man or was there?

Kiko threw her phone on the bed before she stood up to walk towards Dara’s phone on the table in the middle of the room. Before she could even reach it the ringing stopped again. She took the phone in her hands to see 24 missed calls only today. Stunned her chaw dropped. What a persistent person that was. Boyfriend seemed no option so maybe it was her family or friends. Because there was no name just a number she saw of the mysterious caller. What i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter