I'm Proud Of Him

A Brother's Love

Sehun POV: 
I woke up to a face in my face. Breathing my air, laying in my space, living in my house. 
This is my half brother. 
Luhan. 
I gently peaked over at the clock to check the time, 9:00 AM. 
"Luhan.." I whispered, gently shaking him. 
"Luhan, hey! Wake up.. Wakey Wakey..." 
"Hmm..?" Luhan moaned as he peaked one eye open. 
"Wǒ bùxiǎng qǐchuáng..." 
(I don't want to get up...) He quietly whispered. 
"I still can't understand you.. Luhan..." I whispered again. 
"bàba.."
(Daddy..) 
"It's me not your dad." 
"Hmmm?" He opened his both eyes to stare right into mine. 
"It's me. Sehun." Luhan quickly smiled brightly and jumped up from bed. 
"Oh!!! Zǎo ān!! Zǎo ān Sehun!" 
(Oh!!! Good morning!! Good morning Sehun!) 
All I could understand was my name, maybe I can teach him something. He may as well know. How to say good morning. 
"Hey Luhan. See the time?" I pointed to the clock. 
"Time. Ssi-gan. Shigan." (Shigan means time.) 
"Shigo!" 
"No, Shigan." 
"Shigan!" He giggled like a girl. 
I'm going to be so annoyed with his laugh. 
"Yeah ok. Sure. When it's this time of the days you say, Joheun achim!" 
Blank stare. I pointed to the clock again, I'm not the type to give up easily. But I'm still annoyed but his twerp. 
"Shigan. Joheun achim!" I waved to him. 
"Nǐ zhēn de hěn qíguài.."
(You're really weird..) I sighed. Okay. 
"Okay." I put my finger up to motion for one second. 
"Watch" I laid in bed and closed my eyes. Then I got up and stretched, 
"Oh, Shigan, achimeyo. Joheun achim!"
(Oh, time, it's morning. Good morning!) 
"Joheun achim!" He repeated after me. 
"Good. Now get out of bed." I got out of bed and stretched for real. 
"Zhè shì shénme?" 
"What's this?) He held up Maru. 
"Don't touch that!" I yelled at him and took it away. 
"Wǒ zhǐshì xiǎng yòng tā wán.."
(I just wanted to play with it..) I rolled my eyes and marched off with Maru. I placed him gently on my bed and closed my door to change. Pulling off my pajamas, I pulled out a pair of shorts and a t shirt. 
"Sehun shì chìluǒluǒ!!!!!" 
(Sehun's !!!!!) 
"NO. GET. OUT." 
I pushed him out of my room.
Can I not have ANY privacy!? Are you serious!? I finished dressing and walked down stairs to see Luhan sitting with the maids. They were cooing over him about how cute and adorable he was. 
He's not that cute. 
"Sehun, good morning!" He called to me in korean, the maids aww'd over that. 
"Yeah. Hi." I rolled my eyes and walked to the dining room. 
"Sehun, Luhan will be taking korean lessons and he'll actually start today with a tutor. He needs to be ready before school starts in just about two months."
"Um. Ok." The maid sighed, 
"He is your brother now. At least pretend to care." She walked away and I whispered to myself. 

"Step-brother." 

The hour went by peacefully. No interruptions or crying from that thing. The maids were too busy playing with Luhan to notice me. 
I didn't really mind. 
I had time to study my chinese- for my own sake.  I actually like school.. I like learning new things and sharing them with my mom. She knows everything there is to know about anything! She's perfect. 
Although my classmates don't think so.. I don't have many friends.. They say mean things like my said left me because he didn't love me- but I know he does. But then they make fun of my mom and they push and shove me. I like school but I don't like going to school.. The kids tease me.. 
"Sehun. Why don't you and Luhan go to the park. It's just down the street." 
"I don't want to go outside."
"You're turning translucent."
"What is that?" 
"You're pale. No sun light is bad for you, go outside." 
"Fine." 

I waited for Luhan by the door. 
"Sehun!! Hi! Hi! Hi!" He spoke to me in funny korean. 
"Uh hi.. Let's go." I opened the door and we were off to the park. Luhan kept blurt random korean words out- probably today's lesson. 
"Cat! Dog! Fish! Bear! Sehun!" Thinking about what he had just said..
"Hey! I'm not an animal!!!" 
"Sehun!l he was silent for a second- just a second. 
"Watermelon!" 
"The heck..." 
"Look it's Sehun!" I looked at who called my name. 
Oh no.. Lee Minguk. My School bully. And his gang, kim jang kuk and choi kwang min.  They approached me and Luhan. 
"Wow is this your new brother!!" They laughed at me. 
"Your dad must have not loved your lim enough to stay.. And now look. She has a new husband! And now you have a puny sidekick!" No matter how stupid their comments were, it made me upset. Suddenly,
Minguk dropped his ball on the ground. 
"Pick it up!" 
"No!"
"Pick it up!" He pushed my shoulders, shoving me back a little. 
"I said pick it up, slave!" He pushed me again. Luhan, being about half his size, ran right into the middle. He pushed Minguk while yelling in chinese. 
"Bùyào pèng tā! Zhè bùshì fēicháng hǎo de tuī rén! Nǐ zhǐshì yīgè xiǎoqì guǐ!!" 
(Don't touch him! It's not nice to push people! You are just a meanie!)
The boys were confused by this.  
"What the heck? What's he saying?"
I had to make something up. They couldn't know that I couldn't understand him! They'd make fun of me. 
"He said go away! You're stupid and no one like you!" Luhan, hearing me yell, stomped on minguks foot. 
"Ow!!!" Then he stuck his tongue out and grabbed my hand and tugged at it. 
"Wǒ huì bǎohù nǐ de!"
(I will protect you!) 
"Come on Luhan. Let's go!" I grabbed him and we ran fast, with the three others chasing behind us. 
"Ah!!" Luhan tripped and fell, we had no time for him to cry. I quickly got him on my back and continued to run. I found an alley and hit there. When the three others ran past, I breathed. I was sweaty and out of breath. I set Luhan down, which was then I realized he was crying- of course- and his knee was scraped. 
"Are you okay Luhan? I'm sorry..." I hugged him, having to feel bad about making him trip then not slowing down. 
"I'll make it up to you, okay?" I smiled at him, earning a small smile back. I hoisted him on my back. I thought about stopping by the ice cream store, but if anything, he doesn't need anymore sugar. So I bought him a soft persimmon, sliced and put on a stick. I let him eat it while I gave him a piggy back ride as we went home. 
"Sehun Wǒ ài nǐ.." 
(Sehun I love you..) He said while munching on the persimmon. I couldn't help but smile, he was so innocent. 

Flashback to earlier in the day:
Hmm.. I thought while looking at my Chinese books. 
"Hello.. Ni hao... Good morning Zao An... I love you. Wǒ ai ni." 
End if flashback. 

Knowing he couldn't understand me, i spoke to him, 
"Maybe I could get used to having a brother.. You're annoying but I guess not too bad. Learn Korean fast okay?" I smiled to myself and walked inside the front door. 
"Sehun! Where on earth have you been!? Aren't you aware Luhan needs his medicine?!" 
"His medicine?" 
"Yes! He was due over an hour ago. You're lucky he's still okay." She took him off my back and brought him to the kitchen. I followed. Watching her pour a syrup onto a spoon and feeding Luhan, I asked a question. 
"Is he sick?"
"Yes."
"With what?" 
"It's a medical condition sehun.. Do you understand?"  I shook my head,
"No.." 
"Well, it means that Luhan needs medicine at certain times of the day to stay healthy. His body is just weaker than yours."
"Will he get better?"
"I'm afraid not, he'll be this way his whole life."
"What way?"
"Sick." 
"Like a cold?"
"No Sehun. He.." She paused, 
"His body is just weaker. He can get sick a lot easier than you. So will you do me a favor?"
"Sure, what?"
"Keep him away from unhealthy people and he'll stay healthier."
"Okay." 
I still didn't fully understand. So he gets sick easier? But isn't that good? You can stay home from school.. I didn't understand the maid, but I accepted what she asked of me. 

I laid with Luhan as he took a nap. He was really brave today, to talk to those guys. I'm proud of him.