I Know Him Well

A Brother's Love

Sehun POV: 
I decided from that day on that Since Luhan helped me, I owed him. I promised myself that I'd keep him healthy and away from sickly people. For his own sake. It was fine for a while, but its grown harder than I thought it would. 

It's been three months already since Luhan has lived with me and my mom has had a new husband. Luhan's Korean has gotten a lot better, but he still messes up- but he is six years old. When he gets upset, he yells or cries in Chinese instead of in Korean, it's just the first thing that comes to his mind. Sometimes he says things wrong or doesn't know how to say them so I can help teach him, still, he has a lot to learn. 
"Gege! Hurry up! We're gonna be late again!" Another thing, he still won't call me hyung no matter how many times I've told him. 
"I'm coming!" We dashed out the door and started on our way to school. Everyday, I'd drop him off in his first class then we'd meet for lunch. This all started on the first day of school. 

Flashback to the first day:
"Sehun, You need to go to the office, Please make your way down there." I was called out during class. It was the first day, I couldn't have done anything bad yet! Just as I made it to the door, the thought occurred to me.
"Sehun!!!" 
Luhan. 
"Why are you here?" Luhan dashed forward and clung onto me. 
"Wǒ hěn hàipà, wǒ hěn xiǎngniàn nǐ!" 
(I was scared and I missed you!) 
Two months of korean and he still can't speak it well. I mean, he is six.
"I can't understand you." I rolled my eyes at him in slight annoyance that he had caused this. Tears had been streaming down his face and he was all sweaty again. Luhan hiccuped and swallowed while moving behind me when the principle stepped forward. Inside, I was starting to think of situations and reasons why he'd be here. 
Was he bullied? Did he fall? Was he sick? 
"Oh Sehun?" I flinched at her voice. 
"Yes that's me." I bowed to the her. She was very tall, not that pretty, but she looked smart and really nice. 
"You seem know this boy?" 
"Yes I do... He is my step brother." 
"I see. Well I'm sorry to call you out of class, but his teacher said he wouldn't stop crying and calling for you. We had no idea what he wanted because he was speaking in-"
"Chinese I know."
"Yes..Chinese. Well, we couldn't understand him but we could take your name out of context. He was just very upset." 
"Umm..Would you mind if I just talked to him? I'm sure I can figure it out." I knew I could figure out what he wanted, but I didn't want to seem rude and call her stupid. After two months of this, mixing Chinese with Korean is my expertise. 
"Of course. I'll leave you two." And with that, she clicked her heals on the floor and left us alone in her office. I knelt down on my knees to become his height. 
"Luhan, Wèishéme?"
(Luhan, why?)  Of course I had learned some Chinese myself along the way. 
"Wǒ hěn hàipà, xiǎng kàn kàn nǐ.."
(I was scared and wanted to see you..)
"I can't understand you Luhan." 
"I... I Scared! Miss you.." He whined at me trying to speak his best. 
"Well it's okay. I'm here." I pulled him into a hug, "your brother's here." 
"Bǎohù wǒ!" 
(Protect me!) He sounded demanding with this task, I had ok clue what it was. But I agreed. 
"Okay." 
"Promise?" His Korean was cute. But what did I promise?
"Promise." He giggled and hugged me again. 
"Wǒ ài nǐ, Sehun!" 
(I love you, Sehun!" 
"Yah. Say it correctly." 
"Mm.. Gege saranghae!!" 
"Saranghae. Let's get you back to class."
"Don't go!" 
"How about this. I'll meet you for lunch okay?" I motioned eating and did a small skit of me picking him up for lunch. Luhan smiled big and nodded eagerly. I had no problem bringing him back to his class, he hugged me once more and told me he loved me once more. I might not mind having a brother anymore. 
End of flashback. 

So from then on, I meet him everyday. Luhan's been having no trouble finding friends in the first grade. But for me, being in 4rth grade, no luck. I'm 10 and everyone else is 11. Somehow I'm also taller than everyone else but scrawny.. I've always been this way. I don't look like the other kids, but I'm way smarter. I sat through the first classes, bored like usual. I always looked forward to lunch because I could see my step brother. Luhan made me happy just because he knew me better than most anyone and knew how to make me smile. Actually, it's not that he knew how to make me smile, but he just makes me smile. He's the only person who I openly smile at. 
"Sehun!!" He ran up to me when he saw me walking towards his classroom.
"Hi" I smiled at him and waved. He quickly took my hand and started telling me words he had learned- not that lion, bear and sheep were actually used in everyday context.. But I didn't mind. Over the speaker, an announcement came on. 
"Hello everyone. Today we will be having a fire drill. The sirens will sound, so please follow your teachers instructions and exit with them. Thank you." Luhan pulled on my arm,
"What was it?" 
"What was 'that'. And it was an announcement." He had probably never heard announcement before so he didn't care to try. Luhan shrugged and began to eat his food. I dropped him back off at class and went to my own. 
So boring. I sat through my English class and half of math before the sirens rang out. They were so loud. 
"Okay class. Follow me." We started walking down the hallway next to other classes. The kids were plugging their ears. Luhan was now on my mind, was he scared? What if he's crying? We made our at outside and stood in a line waiting to be called back inside. 
"SEHUN!!" A small boy came running towards me, tears streaming down his face. Everyone was watching. 
"Wǒ hěn hàipà! Wǒ bù zhīdào gāi zěnme bàn!"
(I was so scared! I didn't know what to do!)
"Luhan-" 
"Luhan! Come back this instant!" His teacher yelled to him. 
"No! I don't want to! I want to stay with Sehun!" 
"Luhan.. Go back." I whispered to him. Everyone was laughing.  
"I don't want to!" 
"Yah, Luhan!" 
"Haha what a stupid kid! He didn't even know it was fake!" 
"Luhan go back." 
"Aww is Sehun your super hero?" The kids snickered. 
"Luhan-"
"I don't want to go back! I love you Sehun!" Everyone bursted out laughing. Wooing and mocking him. 
"Aww, 'I love you Sehun' 'I love you' hahahaha!" 
"...I do love you Sehun..." 
"Yah! Don't say that in front of people! Why do you cry all the time?! You're just fine! It was a drill not a real fire! Can't you grow up!"
"Sehun!"
"Go back to class!" 
"But"
"GO RIGHT NOW." He ran off in tears. I felt bad for yelling, but I had had enough. 'I love you' there, an 'I love you' here. It was enough already but then in front of everyone? I spent the rest of the day regretting that I yelled. At the end of the day, I waited for him to come outside but he never came. I looked in his classroom and in the halls but he wasn't there. He must have left. I walked home alone, the first time in a long time. I know I need to say in sorry to him.. I guilt made me feel like my feet were going to break through the ground. 
"I'm home!"
"Hey Sehun. You brother came come and ran upstairs, saying 'I hate Sehun!' Any idea as to why?" 
"I know mom. I got it don't worry." I waved her off and ran up the stairs. I knocked on his door. 
"Oh he's not in his room. He's in yours." Mine? What? I walked into my room to find him weeping into my pillow. 
"Luhan?" He froze. 
"Hey.." I sat down next to him. 
"I'm sorry for yelling at you, I didn't mean to."
"You were to mean!" 
"I know. I'm sorry Luhan.." 
"Does Sehun hate Luhan?" He sat up and rubbed his eyes. 
"Of course Sehun doesn't. Does Luhan has Sehun?" He quickly shook his head. 
"No! But Sehun doesn't love Luhan." 
"Of course I do Luhan. Of course I love you." I put my arm around him. 
"Sehun will you promise to always love me?" 
"I promise."
"Good! I'm going to marry Sehun one day!" 
"Wait.. What?" 
"I love you Sehun!" 
"Haha Luhan.. I love you too. So were okay?" He nodded his head and hugged me close. He sat on my lap and focused my face with his hands. I laughed and picked him up, 
"Wahhhh!!!!!" I pretended to drop him but then I set him down gently on the floor. 
"Okay, let's go do homework."
"In my room today?" 
"Sure, I'll be right there." He smiled and ran out of my room. I packed up my stuff and headed out. I jumped when I saw my mom standing outside me room practically in tears. 
"Uhhh.. Mom?" In an instant she bursted open. 
"Awww!!!!" She hugged me- actually squeezed the life out of me. 
"You two are the best children!!!!!!!! That was so cute! I got it all on camera!!!" Wait. So..
"That was so nice! He wants to marry you Sehun, how cute!!!" I don't see how my little step brother wanting to marry me is cute but whatever. 
"Okay mom." I rolled my eyes and walked past her. 
"Oh and Sehun.." 
"Yeah?"
"Thank you." I nodded to her while giving the thumbs up. 

I just know how to handle Luhan. He's the closest person to me. And I do truly love him. I mean, he is family.