More Than A Brother's Love

A Brother's Love

Sehun POV:

I have one day left to finish my promises.. And I'm only on 10. I stared at the paper. 

I Promise To:
1) I promise to always take care of you. 
2) I promise to always be there for you. 
3) I promise to always listen to your needs and thoughts. 
4) I promise to always put you first because you're what I care most about. 
5) I promise to always need you, without you, I'm useless. 
6) I promise to always stay by your side. 
7) I promise to keep us together. 
8) I promise to keep our love alive. 
9) I promise to love you, as a brother. 10) I promise to love you, as a lover. 
11)

GAH! This is more difficult than I thought..
"Sehun??" I jumped out of my skin,
"AHH! Uh-what!!"
"Why are you hiding back here?" 
"I'm-I'm not.. I was just. Doing my laundry.."
"There's nothing here.." 
"I was checking the machinery! DON'T QUESTION ME!" I blushed and widened my eyes at Luhan. I ran out of my 'hiding' spot in the laundry room, hoping he didn't see the paper.  I dashed up to our room, closing the door. 
"That was close Sehun..." I whispered to myself as I gathered my papers back together. 
Knock!
"Yes?" I stuffed the papers into my pocket. 
"It's just me. Mom and I are going to go to the lantern stand to buy lanterns for tomorrow." Every year we light lanterns and set them in the pond. 
"Want to come with?"
"Uh.." 
"It's okay. You can sit outside finishing your promises while we pick them out. Okay?" He smiled at me- he always knew everything. 
"Okay." I smiled back. 
"But you have to pick yours out first? Okay? Then you can go and be alone. Deal?"
"Deal! Let's go." I grabbed my winter coat and hoped into the car. 

The lantern shop was set up once a year in the park where the flower shop is usually set up. There were many lanterns and I've always loved looking at them with Luhan. They make him happy. This year, I wanted to get mine made special though. 
"Um.. Can you do like a white lantern.. With these?" I pointed to red and black cherry blossoms. The lady nodded. I hovered by the counter waiting until my mom and Luhan went off somewhere else. Quickly, I took out a sheet of paper and wrote on it, 
"Oh! And I also want this painted on it. Please make one with it and one without." I gave the note to the lady in a hurry so they wouldn't see. Luhan and I will find time alone tomorrow.. And this lantern will hopefully make him happy. I opened the door and I sat outside at a picnic table. I looked around at the snow on the ground. It was sparkly.. It reminded me of Luhan's eyes. The cold breeze felt refreshing on my skin, making it feel like ice. I like the feeling of ice.. It's like a burning without heat- it's fascinating. I watched Luhan through the glass windows. He was smiling his bright smile, holding up lanterns. Smiling myself, I got to work. Watching Luhan, thinking about what to promise.. It made me think really hard. All these years, I had thought it was just brotherly love. You know, protectiveness, selflessness.. Love. The day he kissed me though, I never looked at a guy the same, never the less Luhan. The way he smiles is beautiful. His eyes crinkle, and he always shows his teeth-only the top- it makes me want to kiss and hold him. And never let go. Luhan is sensitive, but also extremely strong and stubborn. When it comes to emotions, I am older, but weaker. Having Luhan to hold me up while knowing he still looks up to me is nice. But being four years older, our experiences are different. Luhan..
He is still a child.
And he's going through hormones, which one day may end up separating us. I don't like to think about it but I always do. I'm the 'no none sense' kind of guy. I'm also the negative/pessimistic one. So I can't help thinking about realistic things, especially when it means my whole world is on the line. Of course we will always be brothers, but I can't imagine sharing him with someone else.. He's mine, and for once, I will be selfish. 

In the car on the way to the pond, I was about to explode into laughter. I was just happy. This year, New Years is going to be perfect. I was trying to hold in my smile just thinking about the special lantern I had in my bag. We lit our lanterns and set them in the pond. It was only 11:00 so we had an hour. I wasn't planning on waisting a whole hour. 
"Hey mom, I'm going to take Luhan to the other side of the pond." 
"Oh.. Right now?"
"Yes..?"
"Why not afterwards?" 
"Umm.." What do I say!?
"Gege! Are you going to take me? You promised me!" Luhan tugged on my arm, I was hoping he was playing along. 
"I'm coming! Bye mom!" 
"Sehun! Fine.. Fine! Don't be too late! Call when you're done." 
"Okay!" We ran off with goofy smiles on our face- she had no clue. 

Luhan and I sat on the bridge looking at the reflection of the lights in the water. I remember when we were younger, Luhan asked why the water didn't freeze. I told him because it was magical, but later learned it was a man made pond.. And it's heated. But Luhan believed me for so long.. 
"Haha.."
"What?" I had my legs stretched out with Luhan laying across, his head in my lap. 
"Remember when I told you the pond was magical?"
"Haha yeah.. I do." 
"We used to have to much fun Luhan.. I wish we could be young again." 
"Me too.." Luhan and I sighed. 
"Hey Gege?"
"Yeah?"
"Why do you wish we were still young?"
"We had a lot of adventures.. And you were such a cute child.." Luhan slapped my hand away in laughter when I pinched his cheek. 
"Haha, but really.. Why?"
"Our.. Relationship. I knew you loved me. And I really liked feeling that you needed me, but you've grown up; I've grown up.. And we didn't have to lie and sneak like this. I cold hold your hand and the adults would think it's cute, not disgusting."
"You never held my hand.." 
"I didn't?"
"No.."
"Well then.." I laces our fingers together and smiled down at my best friend. 
"I have something for us.." 
"Yeah?" He sat up as I dug into my bag, pulling out the lantern. 
"Another lantern?" I nodded and opened it up and lighted the inside. 
"Wow! It's beautiful..." Luhan examined it in pure awe. 
"Here.." I pointed to the black writing on the back, Luhan read it out loud. 
"To my younger brother Luhan from your lover brother. I'll always love you. -Sehun." Luhan's eyes twinkled as he read it. I wasn't good with words- it - but I knew what it meant to me, and Luhan knew I tried. 
"Lover brother??" He laughed. 
"You see.. If anyone saw it, they would think it was an error but I am your lover.. And I am your brother. See?"
"Clever! It's really pretty!!!" Luhan got up to put it in the pond. 
"Make a wish Sehun!!" We closed our eyes and made a wish as he sent it off.

"It's 11:50! Do you have your promises?" 
"Of course," I pulled them out while pulling him closer. 
"Should I go first?" He nodded his head. 
Here we go. 

"I Promise To:
1) I promise to always take care of you. 
2) I promise to always be there for you. 
3) I promise to always listen to your needs and thoughts. 
4) I promise to always put you first because you're what I care most about. 
5) I promise to always need you, without you, I'm useless. 
6) I promise to always stay by your side. 
7) I promise to keep us together. 
8) I promise to keep our love alive. 
9) I promise to love you, as a brother. 10) I promise to love you, as a lover. 
11) I promise to never belittle you. 
12) I promise to stay strong when you're weak. 
13) I promise to never let our age come between us. 
14) I promise to never let anyone come between us. 
15) I promise to plant flowers with you in the spring like you asked me to when you were 7. 
16) I promise to build a snowman with you like you asked when you were 8. 
17) I promise to jump in lead piles with you like you asked when you were 10." I looked at Luhan's glowing face, 
"18...Wǒ dāyìng bǎohù nǐ.. How did I do?"
(I promise to protect you.) 
"Perfect." Luhan giggled with excitement. My promises were stupid... But none of them were half hearted. 
"Okay, your turn." 
"Okay." He cleared his throat. 
"I Promise To:
1) Be the best I can be so you can work hard without worrying about me. 
2) I'll try my best to listen to you because I'm stubborn- but I know you know better then I. 
3) I promise that you will be the only one in my life that I ever tell 'I love you' and mean it in this way. 
4) Even if one day you decide to leave me, I will never leave you. You're stuck with me." He smiled a sad smile, he doesn't have to be worried about me leaving.. 
"5) I promise that when you go to college, I'll call you every night unless you're studying. Then I'll text you and wait for you.
6) I promise to never let anything come between us whether it's distance or a human. 
7) I know you protect me, but I promise to do my best to protect you. 
8) I'll never dye my hair blonde again, I promise that fully. 
9) I promise to take care of you.
10) I promise to keep you healthy and make you eat well. 
11) I'll always remember us as brothers. But think of us as lovers. 
12) I promise to try not to get jealous. 
13) i won't give you a hard time when you go to college.
14) I Luhan. Promise to marry you. Sehun." I bursted out laughing, not because It was ridiculous or funny- it was just so sweet. 
"Hahahahaha!!"
"What, is it funny??" 
"No, it's just really.. Sweet. Just like when we were kids. So innocent."
"I mean it!" 
"I know I know!"
"I will be a good wife." Luhan smiled a prideful smile while looking out on the pond. I gazed at him, tracing his jaw line and his nose. 
"Oh!" He jumped in excitement. 
"It's 11:59!!!!! Come here."
"Haha okay?" He pulled me until we were inches apart. 
"Just wait until the fireworks go off. Then it's midnight." We waited for what seemed like forever. Some may have found it uncomfortable to look at someone that close for that 'long' but I just enjoyed it. I like being close to him. 
Boom! Pop!! 
Luhan grinned a 'there-they-are' grin. I put my hand behind his head and turned mine so our noses wouldn't hit. He put his hands under my arms, holding my shoulder blades. 
We kissed our first kiss of the New Year. 
When we stopped, we held hands and laid back down to watch the fireworks. I knew that this year was going to be a good year. I hoped at least. With Luhan by my side forever, I was ready for anything. 
"I love you Luhan."
"I love you too, Gege." 
I love my brother as a brother.. I love him as a lover. Meeting him so many years ago, I see how perfect it was and how much I can't be without him. What we have and have always had, is more than a brother's love. My wish this year? Not telling. Then it might not come true. Haha, who am I kidding. It already has.