Merry Christmas

A Brother's Love

Sehun POV: 
Luhan and I have been together as more than brothers for a year now.. My 4rth- and last- year of high school was upon us. I'm almost 18 now, New Years is coming up.. And Luhan is almost 14. Over the past year, I've only come to love him more as a person- instead of my brother. As unrealistic as it is, Luhan brought his grades to all A's and tested out of the 8th grade. I think he passed out when he learned he was able to be in high school for my last year. That is the only reason he skipped. I tried to tell him not to, but in the end I was excited he did. We would have lunch together as well as gym and art. Luhan studied everyday. His head was always in a book, I swear he would start sweating just writing down notes. Luhan had to take an extra math and science class over the summer to be ready as well. I would watch him study a lot, with this determined and tense expression. 
I fell in love with the hardworking Luhan. 

Our heat went out Christmas Eve. Luhan didn't wake up from the cold- not just because I covered his ears when the mechanic came at 5AM- but also because I was holding him all night. It was probably around 9:00AM. I watched Luhan's eyes flutter with his dark lashes skirted around. His lips were the deep red that they got when he sleeps.. And his body was wrapped inside mine- he fit perfectly. I knew we had to wake up, it was Christmas Day after all. 
"Hey Luhan.." We were facing each other, i could feel his shallow breath on my collar bone. 
"Luhan.." I whispered while I his hair. 
"Hmm..?" 
"It's time to wake up.." His eyes fluttered open. I felt a shock of electricity in my spine when our eyes met. 
We were so close. 
"Oh.. Good morning Gege.." 
"Merry-"
"Wait!" Luhan shot out of bed, giving me a heart attack. He went from half dead to off the chats, it always amazed me at how fast he could so that. He began rummaging through the closet. 
"Luhan what th-" 
"I can't forget! I have to give you this now." He returned to the bed with a piece of paper. 
"We have to do this alone.." 
"What is this?" On the paper, it read:

I Promise To:

"It's a promise."
"Haha yeah but for what?" 
"We have to promise each other as many things as we are old by New Years."
"I see.. So you gave it to me six days early so I wouldn't forget?"
"Nope. I was six when we met."
"Ooh.. You thought this out.. So what do I promise exactly?"
"These are promises to each other. For example, 'I promise to.. Give you a back massage.' But more deep and thoughtful." The idea was so cute it made my heart flutter. He put so much thought into this. 
"I see.. So 18?" 
"Yup!" Luhan came and sat in my lap, I hugged him around the waist. 
"And you have 14."
"Yes!" 
"Cheap." 
"Hey.." He turned his head around towards me,
"Not my fault you're old!" 
"Old? Who are you calling old?!" 
"Sehun Gege!" 
"You can't call me that! Respect your elders!" 
"Oooh~ what are ya gonna do about it? Huh? Huh?" He got up and started poking my sides playfully. 
"Hey!" 
"Oldie~ wrinkly~ slow~hahahaha" Luhan giggled while shooting insults at me about my age. 
"Hey, you!" I decided he wasn't the only one who was going to have fun. I got up and started tickling him. 
"Hahaha!!!" He laughed his head off. Luhan has always been ticklish. 
"Who are you calling old? At least I'm not fat!!" 
"Hehehehehheeehe! Gege I'm sorry!! I'm sorry! Haha please! Haha Sehun!"
"What? I can't hear you. Your fats blocking the sound waves!" I fell on top of him, pinning him on the bed. 
"Now apologize to me properly." 
"Sehun Gege." Luhan began while holding on to the collar of my shirt,
"I am sorry for calling you old. Will you pleaaaaseeeee forgive your fat brother that you love so dearly?" He batted his eyes at me. 
"Psht. Fine." I rolled my eyes and smiled at him. 
"Hehe.. Do I get a present too?"
"Hmm?" 
"A present, a special one?" Luhan smirked at me, I knew what he wanted. 
"I think so." I leaned down, but he put his finger on my lips. 
"Psht. You think I wanted a kiss?" 
"Yes." Moved his hand and kissed him. His soft lips pressed against mine.. It was the best thing in the world- next to but that's different.. 
I released him as he put his arms around my neck, 
"Merry Christmas Luhan."
"Merry Christmas Gege." 
"Boys y- um.. Did I interrupt something?" 
"AH!" I screamed and fell off the bed when I saw my mom who had barged in on us. 
"N-no! Um.. Actually-"
"I had a dream about this girl I like.. And I ended up too close to Sehun. We were both asleep a few seconds ago." I looked at my mom to see if Luhan had swayed her from what she saw. 
"Ohhh I see.. Well then.. Merry Christmas boys! Come down stairs soon." With that, she closed the door again and left. I fell on my back and sighed.
"Thank goodness..that was close." Luhan got up and sat on my waist. He put his hands on my shirt but I stopped him, 
"What if she comes back Luhan.." 
"Well.. It is Christmas though.. And I really-" 
"Hey! Sehun and Luhan! Grandma is here! Come down now!" I swallowed hard and pushed Luhan off of me gently. I cleared my throat,
"L-let's go.." I awkwardly walked out of my room to meet with my grandmother. 
We can't be caught. 
That was way too close.. 

Christmas Day was great! I got money for college and Luhan got new clothes. There was one huge present left. 
"Who is this one for?" Luhan asked my grandmother. 
"It's for Sehun sweety!" 
"You can open it Luhan." I was sitting far away from it anyways. Luhan unwrapped the paper revealing a big box. 
"It's a bed..?" 
"Yes! Aren't you excited Sehun?" 
"A bed.. Yay..!?" I didn't know whether to be happy or confused.. So I was both. 
"Now you don't have to share with Luhan anymore."
"Oh grandma.. We aren't sharing, we pushed our beds together."
"Oh sweety.. You're an adult! He's a child.. You should have your own bed!" I decided it was best to just agree with the old lady- she is old and fighting with her won't help anything. 
"Well thank you grandma. It's very nice of you! I'll be sure to send you a picture when it's set up." 
"You're setting it up?" Luhan flared at me from the other side of the room. 
"Uh-uhh yeah.." I couldn't tell my grandma one thing and Luhan another! She isn't senile!! 
"Oh. I see. Okay." I couldn't tell if he was mad or if he understood. After we ate lunch, Luhan and my mom went out to pick up slices of cake. My mom would always do this with Luhan since he was young, it was a way for them to bond more. She would pick hers and her husbands and he would pick his and mine. This gave me time to start my promises. 

I sat outside on the deck with a blanket. It was cold, but I've always liked the cold. It was refreshing.. I started at the blank sheet. 

I Promise To: 

Well.. 
1) Love You. 

I erased it. Of course I would! But it's too simple.. 

But the time Luhan and my mom had returned, it had been about an hour and a half. So far.. I had:

I Promise To:
1) I promise to always take care of you. 
2) I promise to always be there for you. 
3) I promise to always listen to your needs and thoughts. 
4) I promise to always put you first because you're what I care most about. 
5) I promise to always need you, without you, I'm useless. 
6) I promise to always stay by your side. 

I stopped there, hoping I could figure out more, but I didn't want Luhan seeing. The car doors shut and my mom and Luhan approached the deck. 
"Hey mom, hi Luhan." I waved, and she smiled back, but he ignored me completely. 
Thanks bro. 
Feeling your love right now. 
Did I say something? 

It was apparent I did because at dinner, he wouldn't even look at me. And this took skill because he say right across the table from me. 
"So Sehun, so you have a girlfriend yet?" 
"Oh I don't know.." I blushed in uncomfortableness- not embarrassment. I felt a kick hard in my shin from across the table. When I looked up though, Luhan was smiling at my grandma. 
"Come on Sehun! Tell me before I'm dead!" 
"No.. It's nothing special.." I could talk about Luhan, just as a girl.
"Well.. She's really smart and fun.." "Ooh keep telling!!" 
"She has fair skin, round eyes.." I could see Luhan's face tensing up. "She's the cutest thing I've ever seen..I see her in the halls."  
"Ooh so she is your age?"
"She's a first year." Luhan's eyebrow twitched. 
He had to know I was talking about him by now.. 
"And she blushes really easily, but also gets pissed like no other.. But she's determined and thoughtful." 
"Well she sounds lovely.. Well have to meet her sometime." 
"I think she'd like that." I smiled at my grandma. Luhan wasn't happy for some reason.. He was glaring at his plate. Does he not know? My parents continued a conversation when suddenly Luhan pounded his hands on the table and stood up. 
"JUST MARRY HER." Then he stormed off and ran into our room, slamming the door. 
"Well gee. What's wrong with him?well whatever.. I'd better get going. You're driving me home right?" 
"Right." I hugged her goodbye and tried to stay as calm as possible, but my stomach was churning. I need to see Luhan! My mom got in my grandmas car to drive her home and her husband got in our car to drive her back. I waved goodbye and waited until they pulled out. Once they were out of sight, I slammed the door and ran upstairs. I swung open the door,
"Luhan!" Luhan had his face in my Lillie's crying his eyes out. 
"Go away!" 
"Luhan.." He threw a pillow at me,
"Hey! What's wrong?" 
"Why don't you just marry her?! Huh!? See if I care! Stupid Sehun!" I sat on the bed and put my arms around him. 
"Marry who?" He tried to fight me. 
"That girl you're so in love with!" 
"Luhan."
"Go away!!!" 
"Did I mention she's really cute when she's mad?"
"I don't care!" 
"And she's fun to tease.."
"WELL WHOOP DEE DOO!" 
"And Luhan.." I leaned in to whisper in his ear,
"She's chinese.." He stopped fighting me. 
"And she's not a girl.." He began fighting me off again,
"Stupid Sehun! Get off of me! You could have warned me!" 
"I'm sorry Luhan." 
"Hmph." 
"I love you." 
"k."
"I love you~"hyorin because its you 
"Fine." 
"I looooooveee youuuuu~~~" Luhan began to smile. 
"Mmhmmm.." 
"Do you love me?"
"Maybe.." I smiled and kissed Luhan's cheek. 
"What about now?" 
"Closer..." I kissed his lips. 
"Now?"
"You're there." He smiled and pulled me into bed to lay next to him. 
"I love you Gege.. Merry Christmas.."
"Merry Christmas Luhan. Goodnight." I kissed his forehead one last time and we fell asleep. 
I have five days to write my promises... With Luhan though.. It will be easy.. I would do anything for him.