twenty two

Silence.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The alarm clock goes off and I push myself to my feet, forcing myself to move down the ladder and head towards the bathroom to prepare myself for school.
School.  How I hate that place.
Not because of all the homework or the classes, they're mind numbing, but they're acceptable.
No, it's because of what goes on after those classes. That's why I hate school.

"Kibum, are you ready? Manager hyung will be here soon." Jonghyun hyung sticks his head around the door. I nod, lowering my eyes from the mirror's reflection of myself to the tiles on the floor. Skirting my way around hyung, I leave the bathroom. 

Things between hyung and I have been awkward lately. I'm...not exactly scared of him, not anymore, but I'm not prepared to really communicate with him anymore, either. So I just avoid him. It's easier that way. With school taking up half the day, it's quite easy. Holidays are approaching soon, though, and I'm worried about that. What do I do when I'll be with him almost twenty four hours, seven days a week?

"Kids! Manager hyung is here!" Jinki hyung's voice penetrates my thoughts. Tsk. What difference does a couple of years make?

"Hyung!" I can hear Taemin whine. "Not a kid." 

That's funny. It makes me giggle, a bit. Ironic that he's saying he's not a child, when he sounds just like one.  As I grab my bag, out of the corner of my eye, I see Jonghyun hyung smiling too. He's been doing that whenever I laugh lately, when I really laugh, or smile, not just put one on for the sake of the camera. I must say, I've gotten quite good at acting.

"Alright, alright." Jinki hyung attempts to placate Taemin as he ushers Minho, Taemin and I out the door. "You're not a kid."

"Bye kid!" Jonghyun hyung waves, grinning at Taemin's protests as Minho drags him down the corridor. I follow, trailing behind. I'm in no hurry to get to school. The less time I spend there, the better. 

At times I wish that Minho, Taemin and I went to the same school, but then I rethink things. Would I really want them to see the way I behave, the way I am treated at school, probably not. 

Manager hyung pulls up at the school gate and I alight, waving silently, biting my lip. 

Walking into the classroom, I find myself a seat at the back and settle myself, trying to be as quiet as possibl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter