Friends

❣ My Best Friend ❣

(Park Jinhye - You)

It turned out, Chanyeol was in quite a lot of my classes. 

"Can I borrow a pencil?" he asked one day in Algebra, sitting behind me. He must've been fairly smart, (like myself ^_^) to be in Algebra in 8th grade.

"Sure," I said, grabbing the best pencil I could find. "Here." I handed him the pencil.

"Thanks chica," he replied, and I turned back around.

He tapped my shoulder again. "Jinhye."

"What?" I asked, not turning around but tilting my head back a little bit.

"Can I have an eraser too?" Chanyeol asked. "This one's broken."

I got out an eraser and turned around handing it to him.

"Park Chanyeol! Park Jinhye! Why are you talking and turned around during this important lesson?" the teacher said. "You should be paying attention! That's your warning."

I sighed. I NEVER got in trouble. This Chanyeol kid... I started to become upset at him but I heard him muffle a laugh behind me. That made me smile, realizing how stupid some teachers could be.

"Jinhye," Chanyeol said again. I almost groaned, but I simply turned around while making sure the teacher was busy.

He continued, "I don't think I need the eraser. But do you have a--"

"MY GOODNESS!" the teacher said loudly. "You two need to cut it out! I've already warned you; that's an afterschool detention with Mr. Hae."

I almost shouted back in anger but controlled it. I couldn't even turn around to give a death-glare to Chanyeol. It made me so upset... But once again, the sound of his retained laughter couldn't help but make me smile, no matter how hard I tried not to. He just made me smile without even trying at all.

~*~

Detention. 

My first detention in 14 years. With a rascal who got me in trouble.

Thankfully, Mr. Hae tended to fall asleep easily, and didn't pay much attention to those who served detention. 

As the final bell rang, I felt someone standing right behind me, and I turned around.

"Hey chica," Chanyeol said, grinning.

Being so close to him was awkward, but I saw how handsome he really was.

Big, attractive eyes.

Flawless teeth.

Soft hair.

Smooth skin.

Perfect nose.

Great body.

And standing right next to him, I saw how tall he was as well. He was... So tall.

"H-hi," I said, unintentionally stuttering.

"Bad girl," he said, sarcastically clucking his tongue. "Another detention, eh?"

"THIS IS MY FIRST ONE!" I screamed. I found that my screaming was playful though. "You made me have my first detention Park Chanyeol!" 

"Hey, when's your birthday?" he asked me.

"November 31," I replied.

"Then you should call me oppa!" he said. "MY birthday is the 27th of November."

"4 days!" I giggled. "That's 4 days, babo."

"Hmm, don't be disrespectful youngling. C'mon, let's go to detention."

We walked side by side to Mr. Hae's room and sat down at the desks in the back, tossing our backpacks beside us.

~*~

Detention.

Ever since I was little, I had always invisioned it as something absolutely horrible and scary. 

Awful and terrifying.

But this detention with Chanyeol?

Fun.

Exciting.

Playful.

It was hilarious. Chanyeol drew funny pictures or made weird jokes the whole time, and the smile on my face never faded. 

I wanted detention to last forever.

So I could keep smiling.

With Chanyeol.

~*~

"Chanyeol! Give that back!" I shouted, with fits of laughter in between. He had grabbed my pencil right from where it was tucked behind my ear and my hair.

"I need ittttt," he complained cutely. I giggled again and let it slide. He was making me laugh and smile more than usual.

"Okay; let me just..." Chanyeol started to say. He leaned over, his face close to mine. He took my pencil and made a huge smiley face on my worksheet page that was due in a few minutes.

"CHANYEOL!" I shouted again, but I really wasn't mad at him. It was actually kinda nice having this weird prankster in my life. He almost... He almost reminded me of when Joonmyun would treat me like this. When he would fool around with me and I would pretend to be upset, but in truth, really enjoyed the games.

I shook my head, clearing thoughts of Joonmyun. But for some reason, Chanyeol reminded me... Just a little bit... Of the good times that Joonmyun and I had together.

"Thanks for letting me borrow it," he chuckled, tucking the pencil back behind my ear and walking off with a wink.

Aish, this kid. So weird.

~*~

As the days went on, I found myself becoming closer to Chanyeol.

I could talk to him about anything and everything, and there wasn't a single day or a single hour that he failed to make me smile and burst out in laughter.

I learned so much more about him too.

He lived on my street.

Our parents knew each other.

We had similar personalities and social statuses.

It was cool having someone so similar to me.

I was proud and honored to call him my friend.