Hi, Sehun

❣ My Best Friend ❣

(Park Jinhye - You)

How long had it been? 

Days?

Weeks?

Months?

Months, yes, months.

I smiled just thinking. about it. 

I remembered when I used to dread each day, counting down the days, the hours, the minutes, and even the seconds. I didn't enjoy school at all and I was not the least bit appreciative of the present.

Now, time seemed to just... Fly. Whiz right by me. I had so much fun when I was with Chanyeol. He took me a bit to the wild side, but I was still having so much fun, and that's what mattered.

I was happy.

No longer faking the smiles on my face.

Because I had a true best friend.

I could honestly tell him anything at all, and he would never be bored or uninterested.

He always listened.

He always helped.

He always cared.

Yet, he was so humorous as well.

He was my closest companion.

The only one I could go to for help.

I needed him.

He was my best friend.

~*~

"Jinhye!" my friend, TaeHee called. We weren't sitting at our usual lunch table in the center, but at another table with more people. Chanyeol was there. So were all of his friends.

"Hey; are we sitting here today?" I asked.

"Yup," TaeHee replied.

"Hey look, it's the youngling!" Chanyeol said. I laughed, but punched his arm lightly as I sat next to him.

"Whoa there, you're not cheating on Minjung with Jinhye are you?" his friend asked. 

"Shut up bro! No way!" Chanyeol said, harsher than usual. Minjung? No way... Were Minjung and Chanyeol...

"How long have you guys been together?" I asked. I wanted him to correct me. I wanted him to laugh and tell me they were just friends. But he didn't.

"I'm not sure... Maybe just around 2 months?" Chanyeol said. I nodded and faked a smile. That was the first time I ever faked a smile in front of Chanyeol.

Was I jealous? No, that was impossible. He was my best friend! Why would I be jealous? I cleared my head of all those weird thoughts and looked up to see a pair of adorable eyes looking at me. The eyes were a part of a very good-looking face.

"Hi," I greeted.

"Hey," he replied, his amazing voice enchanting me. It wasn't as deep as Chanyeol's, but something about it reminded me of honey.

"Are you Yeolie's friend?" I asked him.

"Yup, I'm his good friend Sehun," he introduced himself, putting his hand out for me to shake. I took it, and his hand was firm and strong.

He was... Really cute.

Ever since that day, I found myself talking more and more to Sehun and a little less to Chanyeol.

After all, he had his girlfriend to worry about.

~*~

Oh Sehun.

The sweetest boy on the planet. He was so thoughtful.

Always got me my textbooks.

Helped me with carrying heavy objects.

Gave me hugs on a regular basis.

He was the truly masculine figure in my life at the moment.

Was I becoming closer to Sehun? More than... Chanyeol?

No, Chanyeol would always be my best friend.

But... his girlfriend was probably more important to him than his best friend.

I didn't want to ruin his relationship.

I wanted Yeol to be happy.

I wanted good for my best friend.