Our Meeting

❣ My Best Friend ❣

(Park JinHye - You)

School.

Oh, school.

I was starting to dislike it more and more.

At least this was my last year of middle school, then off to high school it was.

Believe it or not, I used to like school. I loved it so much. 

I was the center of popularity.

I had a crush on an adorable boy who liked me back (but we were always too shy to tell each other directly)

And most importantly, I felt like everyone was my friend. I could smile, wave, and give a hug to anyone and we would both automatically feel a connection of friendship.

I didn't know what had changed.

I was still just as popular; maybe even more. I was President of the Student Council.

I was still just as social. I had inside jokes with practically everyone.

Maybe it was the element of love that was missing. I had grown terribly distant from my crush; the one who could make me smile any time. Kim Joonmyun.

He was no longer by my side every day. We no longer texted all day of every day. We no longer smiled and laughed together as we used to. We never "broke up", but our conversations became shorter, our eye contact less frequent, and our relationship more distant. It was awful; saying goodbye without getting a chance to bid farewell.

He was my first unofficial boyfriend; and others envied him, but now that I was alone I felt as if no one wanted me.

I missed him so bad. I missed that feeling of nervousness when my hands got sweaty, I always tried fixing my hair, and when my heart started beating fast, and there was nothing I could do about it.

I told everyone I was "over" him if anyone asked, and I was. I was over Kim Joonmyun, but I hated that feeling of emptiness and loneliness.

Love was missing. 

As I walked down the hallway, deep in thought, a basketball hit me on my leg and rolled away.

"Sorry!" an incredibly low, (yet y) voice said. I turned around, seeing a tall guy come pick up the basketball.

"Are you ok?" he asked. "You sure don't look okay. Did we hurt you? Is something bothering you?"

"I..." I started. For a second, I almost told him everything. I almost blurted out my whole story. But I caught myself and stopped talking. "I'm fine, thanks for asking," I replied.

"O...Kay," he replied, unsatisfied. "I'm Chanyeol, by the way. Well, I got to go. Have 'fun' in class! Ugh, school , man," he muttered, dashing off.

I laughed a little, then thought about the boy that had just approached me. How did he know? How did he know that I wasn't okay? It was like he could see through me. And what made me trust him so much? What made me almost tell him my whole story? I had no clue.

What a weirdo, Park Chanyeol.

I laughed a bit, thinking about our similar hatred for school.

This kid was kinda funny, but I couldn't see myself as his friend.

No, I couldn't.

But there was something about him that led me to become closer to him.

Closer.

And closer.