The Numbers

Starlight Maze Institution

Ravi bows at her, and she laughs.
"Ravi? What are you doing?" She asks giggling.
"We are dancing," he says, taking her hands. He settles his on her delicate hips, and smiles.
"Ready?" He asks, and she nods. He moves her to music, and the continuous bams coming from his mouth. He twirls her, and she smiles at him.
"I love you," he whispers, and she turns red. The song ends, and he kisses her cheek. She pulls away, and walks to the grandfather clock by the wall. Ravi keeps spinning, and she frowns watching him. The clocks hits six twenty, and her hand starts turning to ash and dust. It spreads over her body, and she disappears in a gust of wind. Ravi looks to find her, and he frowns. He sits on the leather couch, and starts to cry.

Ravi gasps awake, a thin line of sweat on his brow. He attempts to regain his breathe. He looks to Kai, who watches him.
"What happened?" Kai asks, looking at him.
"I saw her," Ravi says giving a small smile.
"Then, why are you out of breath?" Kai asks, raising an eyebrow.
"Because she faded to ash," Ravi says frowning.
"Sounds like a nightmare," Kai says, crossing his arms.
"She was there. It's fine," Ravi says, smiling again. Kai rolls his eyes as a deafening siren rolls threw the room.
"What the hell?!" Ravi yells, and the sound stops.
"Wake up call," Kai says, and the door opens. Kai slips on his shirt, and pulls Ravi upward.
"Where are we going?" Ravi asks, as a guard walks by.
"Breakfast," Kai says, and they move to the door.
"You both can go," the guard says, and they walk down a hall.
"What is the food like here?" Ravi asks, and Kai shrugs.
"Substance," Kai says, as they enter a large room.
"How many people are here?" Ravi asks looking around.
"About a hundred. Some are cured, some die, some are moved," Kai says, as more people filter in. Ravi sighs, and looks around.
Numbers flash on a large screen on the wall opposite the food.
"The numbering system. The lower your number, the more insane or dangerous you're deemed," Kai says, and a 001 flashes up followed by a man with wild eyes and long black fridge.
"Hongbin, also known as animal boy. Loves glass, and the feel of it in his skin. Always number one," Kai whispers, as that same man walks to the food. Ravi gulps, and the number changes to 002. More numbers pass with a man dubbed Leo at ten, no one knowing his deal; a Chen who plays to well with electricity at twenty; Kai himself at thirty-five; a pyromaniac named Chanyeol at forty-four; Ravi at fifty; Suho, a man who will mime how he will hurt you; an alcoholic named Ken at seventy-five; and a man name Luhan who thinks he's a deer at eighty-three.
Kai walks to his place in line, while Ravi walks to his. They move slowly, and soon find themselves together again.
"Come on," Kai says, and Ravi follows plate in hand. Kai sits at a table, and Ravi sits beside him.
"What's after breakfast?" Ravi asks, and Kai shrugs.
"Therapy or back to the rooms," Kai says, as Ravi stabs his food.
"Really?" Ravi asks, as Kai looks up.
"Eat what you want, now," Kai says, and Ravi follows his sight. He sees Hongbin slowly walking around the room.
"Why?" Ravi asks, as he continues eating the bland food.
"Hongbin takes all the food from the new guy. You're the new guy," Kai says, and Ravi nods. Ravi eats his food quickly, and Hongbin walks over.
"Give me your food," Hongbin says, slamming his hands on the table.
"I finished it," Ravi says, and Hongbin pulls him up by his shirt.
"Maybe you don't know the rules. But I rule this place," Hongbin growls, and Ravi freezes.
"Your food is mine," Hongbin says throwing him down. Pain jolts threw Ravi's spine, and he coughs. Hongbin smirks, and swings his foot into Ravis jaw.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: le random update appeared. I will try to write more for this story. (-<).<3 ^_^