The Truth

Starlight Maze Institution

“I hate you!"

Ravi snaps his head up. He walks over to his girlfriend. He takes her in his arms. He pouts, and pulls her close. She hits his arms, pushing him away. She slaps him, hard enough for him to flinch. He lets go, cupping his cheek.

“What was that for? What did I do?” Ravi asks, attempting to not to raise his voice.

“You fell in love.”

Her hair is shorter. Her dress is replaced by a pale blue shirt and a long black skirt.

“And not with me.”

“I do love you,” Ravi confirms. She shakes her head, denying him.

“You love him, and even after I changed to be like him. I can't compare. I'll be going now. I wish you luck,” she whispers, as Ravi moves to hug her. His eyes squeeze shut to prevent tears from leaking out. She fades, leaving dust on his arms.



 

Ravi jolts forward screaming as loud as he can. He sweats, as his heart pounds. He holds his sides, panting heavily.

“Random screaming won't help you,” Kai speaks, moving to sit by him. Ravi looks at him, frowning deeply. Kai’s light blue shirt moves, as he sighs. “Wanna know a secret?”

“Sure,” Ravi answers, smiling weakly. Kai chuckles, and walks to his bed. He lifts up the mattress, pulling out a small packet of silver.

“This is my lifeline. It's what put me in here,” Kai whispers, opening it. He pours out a single pill. Oblong and a dull gray.

“What's it do?” Ravi asks, looking over it. Kai smirks, and takes it dry.

“Makes me feel,” he answers, rubbing Ravi's neck. He shivers, smiling at him. “Thanks why everyone hates me.”

“I don't understand,” Ravi confesses, as Kai cracks his neck.

“I feel. I them. They fall,” he whispers, grabbing Ravi's neck. He pulls them together. Ravi grabs onto Kai’s shirt, yanking him closer. Deep yells and beeps fill Ravi's ears. Ravi groans, and Kai smirks at it. He takes it as a sign to go further.



 

Ravi stands in the cafeteria. He looks at the screen, waiting for images to start showing. He rubs his neck, ignoring the marks from last night. The yells haven't disappeared. Beeps make everything else fade. Ravi looks up at the screen, eyes widening when he finds himself in first. The sounds become too much, and he falls to the ground.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Okay, hi~ It may have been a bit, but here is a new chapter. The three planned has become two, epilogue is next. This is short, again, but I'm getting ready to have this fic be done... I hope to have the last bit up tomorrow. Until the final bit~ (-<) <3 ^_^