Chapter 8 : The Promise

It's A Wonderful Tonight

~At School~

In the class, me and Lisa are talking about the duet assignment and a few minutes later, our Music teacher which is Mr Henry just entered our class. All the students sit on their places and suddenly Mr Henry starts announcing something.

 

Mr Henry : Okay, students. I have something to tell you and it's about the duet assignment.

Shinwoo : *whisper*. What do you think he's going to talk about?

Eun Hwa : Molla. We just have to wait and see for ourselves. 

Mr Henry : You all know this assignment is just for your test marks, right? Well, the principal just heard about this and she decided to have a singing-talent show in front of the whole school.

 

WHAT !!!!!! OMG, ARE YOU SERIOUSLY, TEACH???!!!! Aigoo, if it's the task in this class then maybe that won't be bad. But this !!! In front of the whole school???? ARGH !!!! I don't want to. Even though I'm famous but that doesn't mean I'm always confidence in this situation. Now the whole class are worried and tried to cancel the assignment. But wait. When I look at Shinwoo, he's kinda.....calm and confident on this. Wow, I can't believe he's a bit excited in this task. Well since I'm his partner, I have to be like him. 

 

~Recess Time~

Oh man. I'm so going to be busy with the Music assignment. *sigh*. Well, it's only a task. Besides, I really need those marks, so I have to accept the challenge that the principal had done. T^T . Walking towards the school library, suddenly I saw a guy sleeping in there. I tried to take a peek quietly so I won't wake him up. Wait, no way. Shinwoo !!! But....Why is he sleeping in here? Gosh, maybe he's a bit tired of the assignment. But actually,he is kinda cute when he's sleeping. Hehe. Well, better go sit at another place so I won't disturb him. 

 

~After School. 8pm~

I was taking a walk at the park tonight just to give my private time alone. ALONE I SAID. When I looked at the sky, I always think of Korea. Even I never went there but I always wanted to because I heard about the Han River will show the colourfullights at night. Hah...I wish I could go there. While daydreaming, suddenly I heard footsteps behind me. I felt scared and got panicked because now I'm all by myself. Could it a or a kidnapper? Then, someone hold me and I surprised and scream as loud as I could to call for help. "Calm down, Eun Hwa. It's just me." Wait, I recognize that voice. As I turned around, I was sooo embarassed. Why? Well that guy who just surprised was me neighbour, Shinwoo. 

 

Eun Hwa : SHINWOO AH, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? DON'T SURPRISE ME LIKE THAT !!!!

Shinwoo : Haha. Sorry, I didn't know that you're here. No wait. I'm the one who needs to scold you. Eun Hwa, why are you here all by yourself??!!!!! You might get in trouble if you're alone outside.

Eun Hwa : I ergh........

Shinwoo : *sigh*. At least you have me. Thank God you have me here.

Eun Hwa : Mianhae, Shinwoo. I didn't mean to make you worried about me.

Shinwoo : Well, apology accepted. Anyways, what are you doing here in the park all by yourself at night?

Eun Hwa : Well, as you can see, every time I came here at night it reminds me of Korea. Especially the Han River. I always wanted to go there and see the colourful lights at night. But affortunately, I'm still 16. And I only have my mom in my family. So, I have to wait till I already have a job or....

Shinwoo : Maybe I have a better idea. Since you wanted to go to Korea so badly, how about I bring you there? Besides, I am Korean right? Maybe you can bring along your mom too.

Eun Hwa : Really? You do that for me?

Shinwoo : Well, you are my first friend of mine. Why can't I do something for you?

Eun Hwa : Oh thanks, Shinwoo.

 

I gave him a hug as a thank you for helping me gift and he hugged me back. But there's one thing that came out from my head. A pinky-promise. Sometimes if we tell someone we would do something for them, we pinky-promise ourselves so we won't forget about it. We both pinky promise so Shinwoo would bring me to Korea if we have to go back there one day.

 

Eun Hwa : Promise me you will bring me to Korea one day?

Shinwoo : Nae, I promise.

Eun Hwa : Yagsog?

Shinwoo : Yagsog. :)

 

~ TO BE CONTINUE ~

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aunthor's Note : Annyeong, readers. I'm back. Sorry I didn't update recently. But thanks for waiting my comeback. Kikiki.....BTW, enjoy reading for the next part. Once again, MIANHAE !!! >< *bow 1000000 times*