Chapter 5

Stream of Love

April 2010

The Dance Lesson

 

I hadn't quit dancing after leaving college and spared some time during weekends to attend dance classes. What I didn't expect, was that she would do the same. Three weeks after attending the lessons, she appeared before me as a new member, and I could swear my heart had skiped a beat.

We immediately clicked. Back was our shared memories, back was our friendship, back was our special connection.

She was as beautiful as ever. She hadn't quite changed. Only she looked well rested after the hetic school days and she definitely looked healthier. She still wore her baggy shirts and black leggings when dancing and her face was always free from make-up. I still couldn't explain my attraction towards her but gradually I had found myself looking forward to seeing her again every week. Eventually I questioned my feelings for her.

"I do like her." I realised with time. It didn't take me too long though to realise it. And every week, from time to time, I secretly stared at her beauty in awe. Her angelic smile, her contagous laugh, her feather-like, curly, brown hair, her small awkward gestures, her nervousness, her shyness. And even her angry self. And I took great delight watching her fume whenever I didn't let her have her way.

I couldn't help but feel very cheesy, like the main protagonists in the romantic dramas that she used to watch and talk about all day long. I was somehow ashamed of being so cheesy, constantly wondering what she would think of me if she knew. But I had to admit, she had become important in my life. You  had become important in my life.