Chapter 3

Stream of Love

May 2 2009

The Performance

 

The Day had finally came. The crowd could be heared backstage and we had held our sweating hands as we had taken shaking breaths towards the enormous stage.That night, we had drowned ourselves into the sea of passion, giving ourselves to the gentle but fierce music.

I can barely remember the dance. It is all blur in my mind, like a mere dream that is forgotten once awake. I can't remenber the build up feelings and emotions of that moment, nor the powerful cheering of the crowd... Only our battered breaths as we had completed the dance. 

I know though, that it had been a great night and a great experience. Not utterly perfect, but certainly a night to remember. A memory to cherish, though blurred with past nervousness and the lapse of time.

Looking at the pictures of that special night, I notice the beautiful girl that stood beside me, smiling nervously at the camera. She had worn a sky blue, thin, light dress that had flown around as she had swirled gracefully on stage. She had applied a little bit of make-up for the occasion, showing off her beautiful traits and masking the flaws, the pimple, she loathed so much and that "had to appear on the day of the performance", as she had said back when we had met in the corridor.

Back then, I hadn't realised her angelic beauty. Too nervous to even notice that my hair had been weirdly combed and my shirt wrongly buttoned (until she came and fixed it for me).

Yes, I was a blind fool.