Chapter 1

Stream of Love

February 28 2009

The Meeting

 

I had entered the large illuminated room during lunch break, seeking peace and tranquility in the rhythm of my favourite music.

But. There she stood. Facing the giant mirroir, perfecting her dance moves. Hair tied in a messy, carefree bun. A baggy, pale pink shirt and thick black leggings had covered her slim, small, and slightly muscular body. Her bare face was glistening with sweat and she had stopped dancing for a brief moment.Her simplicity screamed beauty. But I was, at that time, too occupied with the thought of an unexpected presence in my place of refuge for it to strike me like it does today. Her presence, though, had been oddly pleasant and comforting, and my previous anxieties had soon melted like snow under the bright warm sun.

Back then, I had stared in a quite arrogant manner as she moved uncomfortably across the vast room, shrinking under my gaze. I had stared at her dancing figure, seeking faults and flaws in each step, movement, and gesture that she had made. Pride had governed me as I had taken strong but slow steps towards her, with a pure air of superiority.Smirking confidently, I had pointed out her smallest mistakes and in a genuine attempt to help her improve (and show that I was better than her), I showed her, with much delight, how to dance better.

"Eun Mi", she had introduced herself to me after the short dance session and a long conversation before a rapid lunch.

It was the beginning.

And from there had come a serie of meetings within the large white walls of the big practice room. And amidst dances, lunch, and light chats, we had come to know each other better each and every day.