Zelo Runs

Zelo Knows

Or at least I would love to...

All I can do is lay on my bed, and look at the ceiling. My hyung's have taped glow in the dark stars up there so I can sleep better.

I'm not afraid of the dark -  if that is what you are thinking. I am afraid - no, terrified - of the demons in the dark. They wait for me in my dreams, they try to claw their way into my reality. Slowly and surely they are creeping closer, just a slip away from the thin line between conscious and subconscious. I keep running, but how long can I run before I get lost?

I'm still laying here, the only difference is that I am now about to slip over the edge of limbo and a very deep sleep.

I don't want anyone to know of my thought's, at least not about how deep they truly go - yet I yearn for a freind right now.

I want someone to hug me and tell me that I will be alright, even if it is just a comforting lie. But i'm all alone, looking up at the stars that my hyung's have put up for me. I know they care, I can see this in every action, every look. But why is it that I have to ask for someone to be beside me when I am so visibly upset.

More than upset, i'm completely scared. It's times like this that I wish my mom where here. I miss her so much.

Mom.

Does she go to bed every night knowing that I love her? Does she know that no matter what happeneds, no one could replace her?

Mom?

Is it just me...is mom really right there? Standing in the light casting through the crack of my door?

Mom?

She is walking closer now.She must have felt that I needed her! But why, why do I see something different now?

Mom?

Where did you go? You were just right here!

My head turns on it's own, as if I had no bones in my neck.

Who are you?

He looks at me, and his eyes suddenly grow to haunting size. He's staring at me like he can see right through me...

While I was lost in my questioning, the man lunged forward and tried to slice me with his jagged claws.

I moved back, dodging the attack without even knowing what was occuring, Why is he trying to hurt me?

I must be dreaming...I need to wake up!!!

I look around, and suddenly i'm on a farm somewhere. I can see mom, and I run to her like my dream - my life -  depended solely on me and just how fast I ran. She's looking at me, fear and sadness in her eyes...but why?

I keep going, my lungs stinging. She is five feet away, and then I see it. She pulls an axe from behind her back, drawing it across her juggular veins in , slicing clean through them in one fatal sweep. I drop to the ground at the same time as her limp body. Tears were all I could see as I said goodbye to my mom - and goodbye to my dream.

I open my eyes, it takes me a while to get a grasp on the fact that it was only a dream.

How long can I lay here, and hope that my dream was really just that. Can I sit here and wait for my dreams to become reality? Can I really let my demons win? Another thought,

how can I stop them?

How can I save myself?

All I can do is run.