Hyunsik/Xiumin

A Birthday Present

 

The smell of leather suddenly invades Hyunsik's senses while carefully restocking the candles, and for a split second he's afraid that the little of a kid in the back had managed to get a hold on a Man Candle and broke it. Yet when he glances up, ready to resign himself to cleaning up glass while fielding an overly-apologetic mom, Hyunsik is instead faced with patent-leather oxfords that shine under the yellowed mall lighting. Expensive shoes, if the flashes of red soles are anything to go by, perfectly matching the expertly-tailored charcoal suit. When the body shifts slightly from side to side and tiny, delicate hands pull out of pockets to nervously smooth down the white button-up, Hyunsik finally cranes his neck upwards to actually meet his customer.

"Ah, sorry, hello! Welcome to Yankee Candle how can I help y—" upon spotting feline eyes rimmed with eyeliner and bright cotton candy pink hair, Hyunsik falters slightly, fumbling over the last syllable "—oou?"

The well-dressed man smiles nervously, hand flitting up to pull at his bangs before smoothing down his shirt again. "Hi, yeah I'm sorry to bother you but I've been looking for this candle and I can't remember the scent, but I don't have time to look through them all. I'm sorry, can you help me?"

"Uh," Hyunsik glances down at the small jar in his hand and hastily puts it on the shelf before standing up, his eyes staring at the pink hair before meeting the stranger's eyes again. "Of course, it's no trouble! Ah, do you remember what kind of scent it was? Was it fruity or flowery or anything like that?"

"Yes! Well, the candle smells like strawberry ice cream, my favorite, but I can't remember the name at all." When the stranger smiles and lightly bounces on the balls of his feet, Hyunsik can't help but copy him, his own eyes crinkling in delight. He of course knows exactly which scent the man is talking about, and as he stares at the pink hair, Hyunsik finds that he isn't even the slightest bit surprised.

"Yeah, that's called summer scoop! It’s actually really popular right now. Come on, its right over here, sir."

 

 


Annnd there we go! Sorry they were all pretty short, but I hope you like them, Ayu!!

Happy birthday!!!