Hyunsik/Sungjae

A Birthday Present

 

BANG.

Hyunsik's head snaps up, immediately distracted from his phone when he hears what sounds like a tiny crackling explosion come from the main floor of the dorm. Jumping up, he rushes from the room, socks sliding across the wood floor as he rounds around the corner to face—

Nothing.

The area looks untouched. The television is off, the pillows and blankets remain on the couch, and Hyunsik has to move to the center of the room before he finally notices the pile of clothes near the corner. Staring at the simple button up and indigo jeans, he rolls his eyes and huffs because why the hell are Sungjae's clothes in the living room? Spinning around, he looks down the hallways at the maknae's open door and shouts, "Sungjae! Stop making a mess and get your clothes out of here!"

Waiting, he watches for any kind of movement or shadows on the door, but only gets silence, and Hyunsik is about to stomp over and grab Sungjae himself when he spots the clothes move out of the corner of his eye.

He turns back in time to see a small, sandy brown fox pop out from the opening of Sungjae's jeans, and Hyunsik stops dead. Eyebrows furrowing, he watches as the little fox hops around on the clothes before sitting on top of them, large ears sticking straight up almost comically as one of his back legs slips a little from the precarious position. When the fox its lips and his head, Hyunsik is thoroughly confused.

"Uh. Hello little guy! How did you get here? And in those clothes? Did Sungjae bring you in?" He takes a hesitant step forward, lips quivering in a smile, and reaches out his hand for the animal to sniff as he tries to figure out how a desert fox got into their dorm, let alone Korea.