Hyunsik/Ilhoon

A Birthday Present

 

As Ilhoon walks down the boardwalk, sunglasses and umbrella in tow, he can't help but feel like everyone's staring at him. At first, he thought that people might be staring at the man next to him, and of course how couldn't they? Tall, tan, and shirtless, Hyunsik looked like he had stepped out of a summer romance novel and was ready to save some poor drowning woman and make out with her, especially with the way the sunscreen slathered all over him only made his muscles even more pronounced. Hell, even Ilhoon would willingly dip into the ocean for a chance to be saved by the hunk of a man…but won't since the freezing water would surely with his naturally cold-blooded circulatory system.

Feeling vaguely paranoid, he nervously runs his tongue over the sharp points of his canines as he looks around him, bravely meeting the strangers' eyes as he tries to figure this out. By the way everyone quickly looks away from him, it's obvious that they're not staring at Hyunsik—which Ilhoon can't help but be vaguely offended by—but are in fact staring at him, and now the vampire is even more nervous.

"Hyunsik," he whispers, glaring down a little girl as she snickers at him, "why the are people staring at me."

Ilhoon isn't looking at the lifeguard, so he misses the goofy smile that spreads across his face. "I don't know, Ilhoonie. Probably because you're carrying an umbrella on the beach?"

The vampire scoffs and twirls the jet-black umbrella, immediately dismissing the idea. "No way. I haven't seen a single person even look at the thing. It's got to be something else." Glancing over, he frowns and brings a hand to his cheek. "Is there anything on my face?"

This time, Hyunsik can't hide his grin and Ilhoon immediately panics. "Oh my god there's something on my face and you weren't going to tell me?! Hyunsik!"

Freaking, Ilhoon immediately stomps off to the nearest window display, completely ignoring Hyunsik's shouts to come back as he inspects himself in the window as best as he can. At first, he doesn't see anything immediately wrong and his shoulders relax slightly, but then Ilhoon finally catches on when he raises his hand to brush his bangs back.

"Oh, my god."

He hears a small, stifled giggle behind him, and Ilhoon immediately twirls around to point an accusatory and incredibly shimmery finger at the laughing lifeguard.

"I LOOK LIKE A DAMN TWILIGHT TRY-HARD OH MY GOD HYUNSIK HOW THE DID YOU EVEN FIND GLITTER SUNSCREEN?!"