Coming Out

Life
 
COMING OUT

It has been a few day since the couple's one month anniversary has passed and in the time since then, Kyuhyun managed to trade a few days with Ryeowook to give him sometime to move in. Now that with everything put away the couple was enjoing a night together, playing a board game while sipping on some wine. The phone started to ring, interrupting their quite night. Getting up Sungmin goes to answer it, the called being Ahn Taehyun a producer from Bighit whose in bit of a pinch. 

Hearing the explaination, Sungmin agrees o help him as he heads back to the couch. Cuddling into Kyuhyun he puts the game on momentary hold as he grabs his laptop. He hearing the type of song that Taehyun needed Sungmin went through his compositions that he has saved, finding a few that will match. Sendig the files in a email, he waits for the confirmation of the producer recieving them before the two say good bye and Sungmin shuts the phone off, his laptop down, then puts it away. 

"I thought we agreed no working?" Kyuhyun said, teasing the older male.

Hearing the words Sungmin shrugs his shoulders, "More like helping a friend in a pickle" he responds as the two get back to their game. 


The next morning while Kyuhyun is working, Sungmin decided to meet up with some of his friends; Ryeoowook, the twins -  Hwang Aerin and Haehyun. The atmosphere was light and joyous, filled with laughter between the four as they enjoyed each other's company. The light atmospere soon turned serious. 

"Have you told Kyu yet Ming?" it was Aerin who asks the question.

Sungmin paused mid bite, seting his chopsticks down as he looks at his hands when he starts to play with them. 

"Not yet." he states.

"Shouldn't you tell him soon?" this time it was Haehyun. 

"I'll tell him when I'm ready."

"Ming...." Ryeowook's voice sounded. 

By now Sungmin was starting to get irritated with this, esecially since he didn't even want to think abou it. 

"I'll tell him when I'm ready. Can't I atleast enjoy living a normal life right now?" Sungmin snaps at them, immediately feeling sorry afterwards. "Sorry. I shouldn't have snapped." he says looking up at them. 

All three of them shake their heads, "No, we didn't mean to push." Haehyun says with a soft smile. 

"We're just worried is all since we don't know---" Aerin started but she stopped, she couldn't finish that statement, but every one knew what she was going to say. 

"I know. Its just everything seems be going right for me for now. I want to enjoy it." the oldest of the group states with a smile that shows just how happy he is right now.

The returns his smile and the topic changed to something more light hearted until a thud was heard on the table. All laughter ceased as the noticed Sungmin had gone unconcious. Reacting quickly, the group, move the male from the table in a matter of second as his body went regid, making sure he was on his side, the convulsion started almost immediately. Ryeowook and Haehyun watched, not touching Sungmin at all but instead just made sure he couldn't ingure himself too badly as they let the seizure pass. While it was happening Aerin has walked away calling an ambulance to the location. Once the paramedics arrive, Ryeowook went with them to explain the situation on long the way to the hospital and the twins followed behind. 


Reaching the hospital, they stayed out side the room but wathced as the doctors worked on him, right now, Sugmin is in a coma-like sleep someting that always happens to him after a grand-mal seizure. The doctor walked out of the room and two the group, where it was Aerin who knew how to explain Sungmin's condition the best. After all basic tests where taken, Sungmin was taken away to Radiology for a CT scan and an MRI. 

The group went to the waiting room where Ryeowook called Kyuhyun to tell him and Haehyun called Sungmin's parents to update them on the situation. It felt like mere minutes till Kyuhyun arrived still in his work uniform. He looked at the group of Sungmin's friend, he saw the worry in their eyes, and they saw the worry and fear in his. 

"What happened?" Kyuhyun asks them, as he wasn't able to get much information out of Ryeowook since he just told Kyuhyun that Sungmin was in the hospital and he should come.

"Sungmin has a seizure." Ryeowook said, letting the news sink into him.

"How?"

"..."

"HOW?!" Kyuhyun demanded knowing the group is hiding something from him. 

"That's something Sungmin needs to explain." Haehyun speaks up. 

Just then before Kyuhyun can say anything the doctor walks up to the group. 

"Sungmin is stable right now and currently asleep. We'll keep him overnight for observations but you're able to go see him now." the female states as she tell them where they can find his room. 

Once the group found Sungmin's room, for the Ryeowook and the twins seeing Sungmin hooked to moniters, IV's, and a breathing mask isn't something new but for Kyuhyun that site is shocking. Walking to his side, Kyuhyun sits in the chair next to the bed, taking his hand he begins to absentmindelessly talk to the sleeping male with a few tears running down his face. 

For the three onlookers, its a hard sight to see, Aerin had to look away, burying her face in Haehyun's chest as she silently sobs, and even Ryeowook and Haehyun has tears in their eyes from the site in front of them. 

Besides using the bathroom, Kyuhyun hasn't once left Sungmin's side even when the group went to get food to bring back up. The atmosphere was heavy and no one really said anything but everyone needed each other until the group of three decided that it was time to leave the couple to themselves. It was past midnight when Kyuhyun finally fell asleep at Sungmin's side while still holding his hand.


The sun shone brightly through the windows and over the patients eyes, stirring him from his deep slumber. Opening his eyes, Sungmin noticed everything is blurry and bright white, taking a moment to let his eyes adjust begins to look around, seeing the moniters and the IVs that it doesn't take him long to realize where he is. About to sit up, he feels a presure on his hand. Looking over he can't help but smile softy at the sight of his boyfriend though his chocolate eyes show an array of emotion; happiness for Kyuhhyun being there, saddness for what he has to tell him, and fear for what is to come. 

Sungmin looks up at the door when he hears footsteps coming down the call way and to the room noticing a nurce walk inside he motions for her to be quiet  as he motioned to his still sleeping boyfriend. Taking his hand back with out waking him up, Sungmin manages to sit up as the nurse made it to his side. Doing a basic exaimination with the moniter, his IV, checking his chart, ordering any tests that needed to be complete as well as basic neurology exam. Once the nurse finished and updated Sungmin, she left for a few minutes in order to bring him some breakfast. 

Kyuhyun began to stir not to long after Sungmin woke up, opening his eyes he thought he was still dreaming because Sungmin was actually awake but realizing that this was reality, Kyuhyun had his arms around Sungmin hugging him as close as possible to him. The two shared a sweet kiss as well, Sungmin apologizing and Kyuhyun telling him that he's happy that Sungmin is alright. After talking a bit, the mood turned serious. 

"What caused it?" Kyuhyun asks.

"..." Sungmin looks down at his food, having to fight with himself on telling the Kyuhyun the truth and that is is just a freak incident that Sungmin doesn't even know how it happened. 

"Ming" Kyuhyun asks him again after the long silent from his boyfriend. 

"..."
"Tell me please." Kyuhyun asks, taking Sungmin's hands in his own, his eyes showing his need to know. 

"..."

"..."

Sungmin looks over at Kyuhyun, taking his hand in his, interlacing their fingers and giving his hand a tight squeeze, needing to feel it.

 

"...I'm dying."


 


Authors Note || It's been a long time since I updated and it is really mean for me to end on a cliff hanger like this but there's a reason to it. So I will be finishing this story this year, and I actually think it may be one of my longer ones yet now that I have this chapter out of the way. So, Kyuhyun is starting to learn the truth about Sungmin, and I hope you all don't hate me for this. 

Oh, so I got myself a beta-reader/editor, so the chater will be edited eventually. The story will show updated with the edited chapters so I hope you go bak and enjoy them 

Much Love ♥ ♥ ♥

 

 Credit