Rainy Day

Life
Rainy Day

 

How anyone can enjoy a dreary day like this, I can never understand. It's been raining for four days straight and hasn't let up once. I wouldn't mind seeing the sun for once. I looked at the clock, my shift is over in three hours but because of the rain no one is inside making the coffeeshop very boring, even my co-worker, Ryeowook who is usually happy even has a frown and has been feeling irritated by the weather. Despite this, it didn't keep away a certain regular. He came inside once he shook the drops of rain and closed his umbrella, like many times before he came inside with a bright smile on his face. I'm actually glad to see him especially on a dreary rainy day. He walked up to the counter, ordering raspberry chai tea, I started to make it in a to go cup because he always had his drink to go; only this time he stopped me teliing me was going to drink it inside. I looked around at him and smiled nodding my head as I grabbed a white tea cup instead. The cafe was empty of any patrons except for my co-worker Ryeowook who was probably in the back text-flirting with his boyfriend. On slow day like this I really didn't care that much. I handed him the glass that was placed upon a saucer.

As he reached inside his pocket for his wallet I shook my head. 

"On the house" I said with a smile. He gaved a confused look and was about to deny my offer. "Its to keep me company." I said chuckling. I wasn't particularly close with the customer. He came in enough times that I knew his name and his favorite color - only because he wore it so many times that I got curious and just asked. 

Sungmin eyesmiled happily. "Thankyou Kyu" he said in his sweet voice. 

"Anytime Min" even though we aren't that close we're close enough to have basic nicknames for each other. I watched as he took the tea to secluded table in the corner. I was happy when I saw the smile when tasted the tea, he approved of the flavor.After several moments I went into the back to drag Wookie off the phone. Only I really regret walking in the back. I wasn't sure if I should be mad, shocked or what. I flood of emotions that I only managed to shout with a very deep blush. "YAH HYUNG! CAN'T YOU DO THAT SOMEWHERE MORE PRIVATE!" I said very red faced as I walked away to the bathroom to wash my face. Now I'm forever scared. "Honestly who has phone at work" I mumbled the words as I splashed water to control my blush. 

Once I was sure the blush wasn't too noticeable, I walked back out to the front of the store, we already cleaned everything that need to be cleaned and then some. It was so dead you could hear a pin fall. I looked back over at the secluded area where I saw Sungmin looking at his phone while sipping the tea. From the back I heard a few noises coming from Ryeowook. I swear I'll kill him I thought to myself as I pulled out a pair of earbuds and my psp. I needed something to do so I don't focus on Ryeowook and become excited myself. 

I forced on my game while I managed to watch the front of the cafe. From the time we opened to the time to close Sungmin was our only customer. I remmeber he left at some point. Grabbing his glass and plate, I cleaned them thoroughly setting them to dry. I double checked the store making sure there was no mess before walking into the back to change out of my uniform - basically hang up the apron I'm wearing. 

Credit