Date

Life
Date

The date started off just as both parties exprected it too. Awkward. The awkwardness between them was so thick that it could be cut with a knife. Instead of them just parting ways though and apologizing, they decided, silently, to continue with what they were forced into. They walked side-by-side in silence, neither of them didn't know what to talk about or where to go they just walked aimlessly. Their breathes danced in the chilly air, winter was approaching as fall was slowly disappearing. A cold wind blew past them, Kyuhyun flinched, and glanced at Sungmin who was holding himself and shivering, Kyuhyun could tell he was trying not to, causing the man to shiver more. Feeling bad for not noticing earlier, Kyuhyun finally had something other than walk in awkward silence. Looking around, he smiled. In front of them was a small vendor, hot (temperature) and spicy food was perfect on days like this and the stand in front of them was selling tteokbokki. Leading Sungmin over, Kyuhyun ordered and paid for the two of them handing Sungmin his order.

Sungmin was curious and surprised when Kyuhyun had taken his hand leading him somewhere. Looking up he saw the vendor that was selling tteokbokki, he was about to say something but couldn't say it in time. The food was handed to him, Sungmin smiled warmly, the container warming up his hands. "Thank you" he said softly as he started to eat the snack. The hot temperature and the spiciness was warming him up, although he was still cold the food helped alot. his lips, he threw the paper container away when he was done with it in a near by trashcan. He blushed, even though his face was red due to the cold, when his hand was taken again and he was being led somewhere else. 

Kyuhyun smiled softly as he ate, nodding in response when Sungmin thanked him since his mouth was full of the warming food. When he finished he too threw the container away and took Sungmin's hand again his leading him away. He stopped in front of a building and fished a key out of his pocket. Opening the door revealed the coffee shop he worked in. He opened in the morning, explaining why he had the key. Walking inside, he pulled Sungmin with him, closing and locking the door behind them. He drew the curtains and a few lights. He let go of Sungmin's hand as he walked behind the counter. He knew Leeteuk, his boss, wouldn't mind so long as everything was paid for and cleaned up in the end, and it will be for Kyuhyun wasn't going to be makling coffee. Instead he made them both tea, one perfect for nights like this. When he finish he carried the two disposable cups over to a table Sungmin was sitting at, placing the tea in front of him, and sat down himself.

They silence as they sipped there tea was no longer awkward, it was comfortable. After a bit of time passed Kyuhyun spoke.

"Feeling warmer?"

"Nae. Thank you, Kyuhyun"

"Kyu."

"Huh?"

"Call me Kyu"

Nodding, Sungmin smiled and said, "Alright, but only if you call me Min."

At this Kyu chuckled, "Alright Minnie" he teased causing the other to pout.

It wasn't until that pout that Kyu realized how cute Sungmin actually is. Until this night, the two only saw each other for a few minutes because Kyu would be working. 

"So how do you know Ryeowook?" Kyu asked out of the blue.

"Ryeowookie? We're childhood friends."

Kyu didn't know where else to go with the conversation now so he chose to sip on his tea instead while trying to figure out something to talk about. Instead he sipped on his tea while thinking about something to talk about. 

"Would you like another glass?"  

"Ah, can I?"

"Of course"

Kyuhyun stands up, walking over to make them some more tea as he refilled their cups and walking back over. 

"So what do you do for work?"

"I'm a composer"

"Any particular company?"

"I've worked for Wooliam, Starkim, Cube, Seven Seasons, Loen and several others."

Kyuhyun was amazed by the variety of companies, any I might have heard?"

Sungmin chuckled at the question taking a sip of his tea as he thought about it. 

"hmm, Her, Malzetov, Now, Volume Up, One Fine Spring Day, That XX..."  Sungmin trailed off, naming some of his more popular and well known compositions. 

"One Fine Spring Day is one my favorites" Kyuhyun said with a small smile.

Sungmin smiled happily, "Its also one of my favorite ones that I made" he said proudly. 

Kyuhyun smiles as they stay in the cafe for several hours talking about what ever came to mind. When the time caught up to them, Kyuhyun cleaned everything up with the help of Sungmin who kept insiting. When they were done, they smiled and walked outside back into the cold fall. It was close to 3am and was actually pretty quiet. The two said good byes but just as they turned in different directions, Kyuhyun turned back around. 

"Wait. C-can I have your number?" he asked holding out his phone for Sungmin to give him his contact information. 

Sungmin smiled and punched in his number, when he was done, he called his phone and smiled when the number showed up.

"Now I have yours." he said and both of them smiled.

Saying their byes and see ya laters again the two parted to their own homes for call it a night. Thankfully both of them have a day off thus allowing for proper sleep.  

 

 

Credit