Progression

Life
Progression

 

The days following the date were not what either party had expected. To say the least, the date was a success and Ryeowook was right. Before Kyuhyun and Sungmin didn't have much of a relationship outside of the coffee shop and now, the two not only meet up at the coffee shop but can also been seen out together, going on small dates and just hanging out. When the weather is too bad, the two just stay at one of their places and just drink tea while watching a movie and sometimes, more than either would like to admit, cuddling. But the situation would become awkward, when the two are pulled out of their own world, normally by an unexpected visitor, Ryeowook. The man was a ert neither knew always asking questions to situations that never happened.

A week has passed since the first date, and to say Kyuhyun didn't feel something for the cute man he has been seeing is an understatement. He wanted to explore the feelings too see if they'll lead somewhere. So on the first of January, which he found out was Min's birthday he waited patiently for the other at the cafe, it was closed but Kyu unlocked the doors, letting himself in while he waited for a certain someone. It was about half an hour later, when a certain someone walked into the store. Kyu turned around smiling at the man in front of him who has always thought was adorable and resembled a bunny. 

Sungmin was a bit confused when he revieved the text to come to the coffee shop, he knew it was closed but he came anyways out of sheer curiosity. The place was dimly lit and the smell of tea brewing left a warm feeling in his heart. A seat was pulled up to the counter near the cash register, he couldn't help the chuckle that came through when he imagend Kyu pulling a seat up. But he sat nontheless, waiting as he hasn't seen Kyuhyun yet. 

Kyuhyun took a breath, held it, then let it out slowly as he tried to regain some confidence about what he was going to do. He didn't even know if Sungmin had the same feelings, hell he didn't even know if Sungmin was actually gay or bi and just agreed to go on the date to hush Ryeowook like he did. But Kyuhyun was gay he knew that much about himserlf.  He walked out of the back smiling, softly as he prepared Sungmin's favorite pumpkin spice tea, a holiday favorite he learned days before. Setting the glass in front of him, he couldn't help thinking how cute the other was when he saw his eye widen in happiness, the smile growing acorss his face, and he sipped the warm drink happily. 

Seeing the expression made Kyu's heart flutter, and let him know that apparently he did something right. He smiled softly as he walked to the backroom, soon coming out with a pink wrapped present along with a pumpkin cupcake with pink frosting, and a single lit candle. "Happy Birthday Ming" Kyuhyun said happily placing the cupcake and present down in front of him. 

A light heatfelt laugh was heard, it sound softly like small bells as Sungmin eyed the cupcake and present. Was all this for his birthday? It was sweet and cute. He blew out the candle while making a wish. He took the present and opened to see a large bunny pink bunny plush, sparting a white and pink polda-dot bow tie. It was the cutest thing he ever saw. "Awe soo cute, thankyu Kyuhyunnie~" he said with an eye smile as he hugged the plush in his hands. Although he had others, he knew this one was going to be one of his favorites.

Kyuhyun smiled and watched him eat the cupcake as he sipped his own cup of tea which he never figured pumpkin spice would taste good. He found amusement in Sungmin's reactions to the flavor of the cupcake, which he swore devoured very fast and the pout that was formed he just wanted to kiss away. "The bakery is still open if you want more." he said catching the way his eyes sparkled at the words, followed by a nod. Kyuhyun quickly cleaned everything up with the help of a bunny who felt bad if he didn't. 

Kyuhyun was carrying the bunny plush which Min had ended up naming Kyutebun. Walking inside the bakery, Sungmin got a table for three, as Kyuhyun went up to the counter to oder. Buy more of the pink frosted pumpkin cupcakes along with a few chocolate mint cupcakes, and milk for both of them. Walking back, he chuckled as Kyutebun sat in the chair between them. He handed Ming his cupcake and milk, as he took his seat eating his own.

The two just sat in the bakery for a while after they finished eating. They were talking about anything that came to mind, it was comfortable for both of them. They grew into a comfortable silence, until Kyuhyun ruined and turned it awkward. 

"Min?"

"Hmm?" he hummed his response.

"I was wondering about something."

"What is it Kyu?" he asked, his attention fully on the other. 

"Well the truth is, I like you a lot. I don't know if you feel the same, and you don't have to give me a response now, but I was wondering...will you become my boyfriend?"

Sungmin was stunned, he never expected this to come from the other, and he couldn't deny the way his heart fluttered and the pink tint that came to his face. He hesitated with his answer. He can be selfish right, he can be happy with someone right? Atleast for a little while. 

"I like you a lot too Kyu." He smiled happily as he reached out, their hands ended up being laced on the table, a small smile coming to both their features. "I want to be your boyfriend."

 Credit