Almost perfect

Out of the blue

Jonghyun's POV:


The sun is slightly visible behind the grey clouds. And as the time flies the atmosphere gets colder. I even wore my leather jacket again to warm myself up and Aria is hiding her hands into her sweater's long sleeves. The hot honey tea also helps beat the cold.
This weather made me quite hungry. I took a menu from a table nearby.
"I think I' ll take a piece of chocolate cake or a soufflé. Do you want something sweet? "
"No, I am fine! " It doesn't seem like she meant it.
"Are you sure? " I gave her another chance but she is still insisting. Well I guess I am the only one craving some choco on a chilly night. "Not even a hot choco?"
"I am fine, oppa! The honey tea and your company are doing a great job keeping me warm. " She chuckled.
While waiting for my soufflé to come our conversation kept going.
"Well, on the day I saved you - "
"You did what?" She laughed. " You just helped us after feeling bad for blocking my way to catch the guy. "
"Who did catch him at the end and get you back home, so you are not wandering around lost? "
"Uhm... "
"Me, the answer is me. Indeed you owe me... Anyway that's not the case I just wanted to mention that I notice you carrying a guitar case that day. "
"Oh yeah. Music is my hobby. I am a beginner though. I only know how to play the piano."
"Yeah, I know. If you need any help, you know who to call first. "
"Sure, actually I wanted to ask you something - " She stopped her sentence after seeing this chocolate paradise landing on our table.

She kept telling me things about her while I was enjoying small bites of choco happiness.
"Do you want a bite of  it? " Her eyes told me that she was waiting for this offer to come. It was obvious that she was inner drooling.
"Yeah." Her answer was almost audible.
"Then why didn't you order one? " I . Picking up on her is my new favourite hobby.
"Ok I'll let you  have a bite from mine. " She leaned towards me with her sparkly eyes, patiently waiting for me to feed her.
"What are you waiting for? " I passed her a fork.
"Thanks. " She grinned. 

 

 

Aria's POV:

 

I can' t believe that I fed him with my own spoon half of my precious ice cream and he just couldn' t do the same for me. I felt quite embarassed waiting for that. I became flirty at some points and now I almost regret this. I savoured a bite of soufflé. I couldn't resist it. When he cut it in half the molten chocolate got mixed with the crème anglaise garnish making me more regretful that I didn't order one too. This chocolate lava coming out flawlessly, it stopped my heartbeat.
"Hmm... I believe you can make a better one. Right? " He turned to me.
"Not really! " Let's not exaggerate about my skills, mister. It takes time to achieve the perfect smooth texture of creme anglaise and keep a close eye when you bake those devious little cakes.
" Well, I am sure you can. Your next challenge is to treat me an even better chocolate dessert! "
" Yeah sure. Keep dreaming... tsk."
" Oh oh are you chickening out? " 
What? Who chickened out? You just declared a war. Without knowing me that much how can you manage to drive me mad. "Challenge accepted! " 
He seems to enjoy it. Why are you laughing wholeheartedly? Ugh...  you are going to regret this, for sure!

A petit figure, a young girl with brown long hair came by . Her presence was outstanding wearing  a mid waist mini skirt, revealing her long skinny legs , she was simply fabulous. 
"Jonghyun oppa! " She started waving towards us. 

I remained confused for about 5 minutes while this girl took a sit next to him. To be honest her face remind me of someone but I couldn' t recall. At this time I was lost and kind of left aside, until he made the first step to introduce us. 
Well it appears that this lovely woman was no one else than Cha hee. I knew it I have seen her somewhere. 
" Is she a foreigner? " She asked Jonghyun. " Oh then, an-nyeong ha-se-yo I am Chahee. Nice to meet you! " she turned to me. I politely returned to her expressing my excitement for meeting her.
A few compliments later when the ice was finally broken she firmly turned to him while getting a book out of her backpack.
"Oppa, I haven' t see you here before. I am so excited that I bumped into you today because  I need your help for something... It won't take long. " She opened the book which as I glanced was  a Japanesse learning workbook. Had made herself comfortable she started asking him various questions.

The time was passing and I was left in a corner while Chahee was keeping up with learning as far as I understood - after a while I wasn't really listening what they were saying - "Melody day" are going to debut in Japan in a few months so they are trying to learn at least the basics before getting there.
Questions were flying around us which I couldn't answer not even to one, so I just gave up listening to their conversation. Sometimes Jonghyun turned his face to smile at me and boost my patience. 

My eyes got dazzled by the utter beauty of the view outside the window. The sun was about to set and the sky was preparing itself to welcome the night moon. The sky took on a pinkish hue and the clouds calmly continued their long journey. I wanted to take a picture of this little miracle of the nature and savour it as much as I could. 
After some thought I tipped Jonghyun's hand laying at the table. " I' ll go for a walk, if you don't mind. "
"Uhm... O- Okay but do you know how to go back home later? "
"Well, not excactly. I' ll find my way, don't worry. " 

Like that I left the book cafe and looked for the perfect spot to capture the sky's magic. Actually this inspired me to think of a recipe. A chocolate cake with a pink hue garnish, it sounds promising.

I walked a little further, I noticed some people ascending the aisles between the central shops. I wondered what is there to see, full of curiosity I followed suit. Left and right, small stonehouses adorned with a variety of flowers, hibiscus, lilies, snapdragons. The smell of gardenias captivated me, igniting memories of my childhood. The colour of the flowers brightened my mood and the whole atmosphere. While I was climbing up the stairs, taking pictures I spotted the perfect place to admire the beauty of the whole city. I observed the city's life from high above. I couldn' t refrain myself from capturing every little detail of this scenery.

Sitting on a bench I was checking out the photos that I' ve taken and send some to Sia. 
"Wow, I really hate you!" Sia replied also with a photo showing herself obviously bored laying on the couch with a blanket crying over TV dramas.
"When are you heading back, I feel lonely! " this message was also followed by a photo of her doing a puppy face.
I glanced at my watch. The time really flies fast. I wonder if Jonghyun ended his Japanesse session, we didn't even have a proper goodbye time. I don't regret my leaving though, I was super bored sitting there doing nothing.
"I am off now, I hope that I will be back in an hour. " I replied to her.
"Get back soon because I' ll die of boredom. :P "

 

 


Jason's POV

 

"Kim Eunsoo, come on, dinner is ready. "
"Ne, oppa! "
We ordered Jajangmyeon to fill our stomach after a long hour of practising. Eunsoo has been asked to play to a univercity concert. When she called to tell me that, she could barely breath. It was the first time after 2 years of studying that they gave her such an opportunity. I was also thrilled that she called me first. It seems like we have a kind of bonding even though we have been friends for such a little time. Her always asking for my thoughts makes me feel important, a rare feeling in my daily life. When I am with her I stop questioning myself, wondering if I am good enough. I can say I feel confident next to her.
Today Eunsoo was quite insecure and that was obvious through her performance.
"Jason, what will happen If I mess it up? " She asked AGAIN.
"Stop thinking like that, have a little faith in yourself. Where is the strong girl I knew? "
She remained silent, bitting her lips.
I approached her hesitantly and hugged her.
"Relax, I told you I like your playing and your voice is hitting every note but this is not enough. If you are nervous questioning your skills, you won't have time to enjoy the music and connect with the song. The audience probably will not understand or mind if you sing the wrong note. What they want to see is you exposing yourself and your feelings while singing wholeheartedly. " 
Her face looking down she started crying intensely.
I hugged her tightly till she got it all out of her chest. Like Aria says, crying is not about being a coward, it's a way to relieve yourself from all the troubles that gathered in your chest before they drown you.
After a few minutes she rubbed her eyes and looked right in my eyes.
"Better? "
She silently nodded at me.
"Let's eat some more then. " I was about to move myself towards my sit but she kept holding me tight. I turnt my eyes to her.
"Oppa, why do you always have to be so damn right?" I looked at her baffled. "Anyway, thank you for everything. I' ll try my best, promise. " She innocently kissed my cheek. "Now meokja! "
Still confused I finished the rest of my jajangmyeon.

"It was delicious! Ya now I feel my stomach is going to burst but it was worth it. " I lay down on the floor .
Eunsoo disappeared for a minute while I was still resting on the cold tile floor. She emerged with a guitar on her shoulders. "How many instruments do you play? Seriously, you are amazing! "
" Let's alleviate your stomachache with a song. " She got her guitar pick, closed her eyes and hitted the first note.

ヾ(^。^*)♪~
 Star that shines in the sky,
Star that shines far away from me,
Seems like you came down to my heart,
Star engraved in my heart,
Star that shines in my heart,
I think that might be you,
Can you feel my passionate heart?
you’re my star!

ヾ(^。^*)♪~

"It seems like you really listened to what I said before. Chukahae if you perform lke you just did, everyone willl fall for you. " I jumped out of my sit and hugged her.
"Did you fall for me? " She stared straight at me with her anticipating glowy eyes.
" I believe, it was the most meaningful and expressive performance of yours today. "
" Thank you, oppa. You are my star! " I felt her small and warm hands around my waist holding me tightly. Her head relaxed on my chest she could definitely hear the beat of my heart keep raising. I felt some tension between us. As gently as I could I took her hands off me saying that it was time for me to leave.
"Will you come tomorrow? I need more practise. " She smiled.
" Uhm... Why don't you take some time to grasp all the advice and practise on your own. I' ll be there to cheer you in your big time. See you then. " I turned to her nervously with a tentative smile.

I am driving back home. I feel so sorry towards Eunsoo. I left abruptly due to my weird feelings. I hope she is not mad at me. It is just... ugh... it's the first time that my heart pounds fast in response to a girl's affection unless it was... well you know who, I don' t even have to mention it anymore.  
Ya I almost got in an accident thinking of this. "I am really sorry. " I shouted out of the window. 

Safe and sound I arrived home. I intended to head straight to my apartment but I thought it would be wise to go and check how the girls doing.
Of course I didn't ring the bell but I wish I had.
 When I opened the door the room was dark, the TV was on so I could barely see that someone was sitting on the couch but couldn' t realise who. 
I turned the lights on. I jumped out of my skin in the view of Sia, only her long black hair unveiled her identity.
"Kyaaa! Did I get into the wrong place? "She had covered her face with a green paste, she was like Shrek.
" Why don' t you ever, ever knock? " she calmly asked. I do this so frequently that she is not even mad anymore.
" What are you doing? "
"Watching on TV, since I was left alone the whole afternoon, I am bored as hell. "
"Aria is still out? "
"Yeah, that punk! "
" Did she tell you where she was to go? "
"... No, she didn't mention anything. All I know, it was something about work. " Work? 
" Anyway I' ll keep you company. "
" Yeah, let's share my boredom. "

 

 

Aria's POV :


Turned right on the house with the fully blossom purple Bougainvillea and arrived at the central street. I still had to find a way to go home. There were no taxies in the area so I have to find the bus station.

While looking around, a joyful melody penetrated my ears. I followed the pleasant sound of music. A group of people was gathered around in a circle blocking my vision. I tried to peek through the crowd but there were no open spaces. I stood up on my tiptoes. This voice sounds familiar, is that Chahee? It cannot be, I am quite sure though. Finally, I found a small opening like a keyhole to assure myself. 
Wow, her voice is angelic. It's my first time seeing her perform live and I am impressed. I was immersed in her performance, unintentionally murmuring the lyrics. Other passengers stopped by, the place was packed but still it was not suffocating. A mysterious tall guy, dressed in black. He was also wearing a cap which was hiding his face. The most awkward situation was him slowly approaching me. It didn't bother me at first. When I felt a hand holding mine, I turnt my eyes from Chahee and looked at him. He was smiling at me and I immediately recognized his face. I remained serene and kept holding hands.

"I thought you left. Where' ve you been? "
"I had my time around the place. "
" Sorry we couldn' t do that together. " I am glad he said that. "Let's get out of here. "
" Where- ? "I couldn' t finish my question and he pull me gently away from there. 
He had this slight and bright smile on his face for all that time made me feel ecstatic, an inexpicable feeling that I tried to conceal. We were strolling with hands held tight. I didn' t know where are we going but at this particular time I didn' t really care. 
We arrived on a wide alley. Steam and pleasant flavors filled the air, eateries found on the right and left sides. "Hope you are hungry. " He winked. 

My eyes didn' t know where to look first. All my senses were ignited. Everything seemed delicious. From day one there were many dishes I' d like to taste. Though some of them I am hesitant to try. 
We walked half way and we haven' t buy anything at all. In my head there was a list in my head, fish cake, stuffed pancakes, korean beef, teokkboki   * mental breakdown *

 

So many people, netizens and some tourists filled the road with their chats and laughs. The once wide road became narrow. Although it was chaotic and quite suffocating, it brought us closer. I was squeezed into his arm in order to avoid crashing into strangers. His chanel perfume hypnotized me.
Near to the end of the road I spotted the only empty table around. It must be our lucky day. Such warm and secure was his embrace that I hesitate to say what I saw. Finally I tapped his chest and pointed at the available sits. We glanced at each other and rushed to claim them.

"Wait here, I' ll be back in a minute. " 

I was tapping my forefinger rhythmically, looking around. Many were passing by looking for a place to sit. I felt embarrassed and quite quilty sitting there comfortably. Their eyes pierced me that' s why I kept turning my face to the other side, though perceiving people savouring their guilty pleasures felt more iritable due to me starving.
The noise of the pulled chair startled me. Jonghyun got back holding only two plastic plates, one with korean beef and kimchi and a bowl of stew.
" Sorry, it had a long queue. You should hurry, the food may run out. " 

I stood up and dashed furiously to the tokbeokki stand.

 

When I came back he had already ate half of his dishes, only the bowl of soup was left untasted. Darn, I wanted to have a bite of korean beef. While eating we remained silent. These time the rice cakes were too spicy for my taste, my tongue was burning like fire. 
Jonghyun chuckled and then started laughing louder. I must look awful, being all burnt and red was inevitable. 
"What a mess? " He scrubbed the side of my lip with a napkin. Standing so close to me was intimidating. I leaned forward and touched gently his lips with a quick peck.
"You had some kimchi on your lips. "
We were both surprised. He looked at me weirdly but after a second a big smile was drawn all over his face. "Thank you, then."

That' s when he quited scrubbing and looked deep into my eyes. 
" I think you also have something. " He caressed my cheek and slowly his lips aproached mine. He didn' t seal them on mine though. Just a breath away from me, his eyes were perceiving my soul thoroughly.

 

 

" We should go now, it' s late." Jonghyun whispered and I simply nodded feeling numb.

 

 

" I can' t believe that you don' t like pork soup. No, actually I can't imagine that there are people who don' t. " He kept murmuring on or way back. What' s this obsession?
"Won' t you answer me? You didn' t even try it. " He insisted.
I back- hugged him tightly to sweetly make him stop repeating those silly questions about damn pork soup. 

 


We silently got back to our neighborhood. Standing a little while under my apartment I had the chance to thank him for today. Without second thoughts I couldn' t have spend my Saturday night better than being alone - at least most of the time- with him.


"Call me when you get home." With a big,intense hug we parted.