It's a date!

Out of the blue

Sia 's POV

Pheew... that was not like what a first day should be, I feel worn out already. How did she left us there without any help, if that was a test then thank god we didn 't cause problems and since not even one dish was sent back I think that today our cooking was a pure success. I am still waiting to see if that so called head chef will appear with a good excuse though I know this will never happen. How irresponsible of him or her ! 

I heard Jason came earlier and asked for me I guess I' ll go find him, he always helps me to de-stress with his bright personality even though sometimes he is the cause of my problems.

"I am gonna take a break and see Jason for a moment, will you come too? "

" Aniyaa I am busy right now. "

"Ok then, I' ll be back soon to help. " This girl is just a hardworker, a few minutes break wouldn' t hurt her. The time has passed so there are not so many orders, now she is just cleaning the place and checking the cakes in the oven. Jason would like to see her I am sure that this is one of the reasons he is dinning here, it' s so obvious that he melts for her. I want to help him but Aria is my friend and things will get complicated. Someday he may find the right way to express his feelings. We will see.

 

I search the tables to find him and I realize that he has some company.

 

As I am approaching him, I can assure you that these faces look familiar to me. I shift my head to the left... and then to the right trying to recognise them.

 

Omo is this? Is this CNblue? Aah Jonghyun oppa! I covered my mouth with my hand to prevent myself from screaming out loud from happiness. I knew Jason is working in FNC entertainment but no that he is so close with them. They are so handsome. Aria will definitely regret staying with the cakes while I am here with something even more delicious.

Jason waved at as I was standing still in the middle with my mouth still covered.

“Hey guys this is my sister Sia…  I don’ t think I need to introduce them to you ,right?” Oh, he is so right.

“ Hey guys I am more than pleased to meet you, did you enjoy the food here?” I overcame my shyness and talked to them.

They expressed their love for my cooking and teased my blushing cheeks, but with so many compliments how could I avoid becoming red. What surprised me the most is how down to earth and casual people they actually are. We had an interesting conversation about music, Jonghyun though was silent, I didn’ t show that I know him so he wouldn’t feel awkward . I know his typical self is not much talkative but he seemed a bit strange like something worries him.

“ Since you are such a big  fan of us what about a free V.I.P ticket for our concert here in Seoul as a thank you for the dinner? “ Oh my god is Yonwha kidding me right now, why is he even asking me that? I would kill to enjoy them live, I’ ve only see their concerts on DVDs and the crowd seems to have such a great time that made me jealous but I guess this is my time to experience it.

Ooh wait Aria must come with me I can’t go alone. Ok how I am going to tell him to give me one more without him thinking that I use him for free tickets.

“Yonhwa-ssi can we please make them two. I happen to know someone who would love to see you live, she is my best friend and she is also a chef here.” I kindly asked him.

“ Well let’s see if I can do something for your friend. “

“ Why don’t you call Aria to come and ask him herself? “ Jason suggested.

“ Sorry hyung she can’ t come out right now plus I wanna surprise her. “

In the end Yonhwa agreed to give me one extra ticket for her.

“ I have to go now Aria will need my help, see you in the concert. “ I bowed and headed to the kitchen. She had finished all the orders and she was heading to the cashier.

“ What are you doing, this is not our job.”

“ The only waitress of this restaurant asked for my help, how could I say no? “ I would have said yes too, but I got mad we have done so many things in our first day without much help and we are here as chefs and only for that the rest is just not our bussiness.

 

Jonghyun’ s POV:

It seems like I was right. When Jason waved to Sia for some reason I was hoping that it would be another person who happens to have the same name. It didn’t work my heart aches to the thought that Aria has a boyfriend, I don’t know why, this is so strange to me how can I like a girl that I barely know?

 I lost the track of their conversation even though I tried to keep up.... but I couldn’ t. I remember the bright melancholic eyes of hers that captivated me from the first time, our first meeting which whenever I recall it makes me laugh. This girl called me an ahjussi, I want to know more about her but I know that a boy and a girl cannot remain just friends. When I asked her to meet more often if possible, she seemed excited, I could tell that she likes me too. She having a boyfriend was not a possible scenario, it didn’ t even cross my mind to ask her that basic question.

The only thing I can do is to step aside. We may hang out sometimes since she is Jason’ s girlfriend but anything more. That’s my plan in order to prevent myself from falling deeper for her.

 

I ate the last bite of my cake with a heavy heart.

 

 

“ Hyung why are you like that? ” Jungshin interfered with my thoughts.

“Like what?”

“Talkative and bright as always .A girl dumped you again? I told you, you are mayonnaise. “

Aaiish this guy. “Stop it misso soup, it’s not a good time.” He raised his hands up and gave up on teasing me. What Jungshin said was whether a lucky guess or him knowing me more than I know myself. How else could he have mentioned a girl as the cause of my problem .Anyway I hope he will not ask me more about it at home .

 

 

Everyone had finished their meal and Sia had left our table so it was our time to pay and return home. I can’t wait to go back to our apartment and lay under my sheets after this long day.

 

 

“So Minhyuk hyung thank you for the dinner.”

“ Mwo? No, no I am not gonna pay for this, but I swear next time I’ll buy you something delicious.”

Not even Yonhwa offered to pay this time. We ended up plaing kawi bawi bo to decide who is paying. I suggested to share the bill but of course I got ignored and not only that when everyone pull out scissors I had paper so guess who had to open his wallet and pay for these bastards. Whyyyy? Monday is officially my worst day.

I put out the money thank god I had a lot with me. These guys did it on purpose I am sure and now I have to pay for all the sojus and side dishes they ordered. Today they forgot their diet and ate everything they savored for a long time.

 

 

In the cashier’s post was the person that I didn’t want to see today or did I? Yes it was Aria. I stayed cool keeping my poker face while counting the money.

 

 

Aria’s POV:

I was bored sitting there I had both of my hands on the counter holding my cheeks, murmuring Led apple’s "Sadness" – I don’ t know why that song has stuck in my head since morning. Come on people is about to time for you to leave so I can go home and sleep.

 

Oh someone is coming to me. I get a hold of myself, I may be sleepy but the customers have to be served with a happy face.

 

 

He stands in front of me with his face looking down, giving me the receipt.

 

“It’s 70.000 won, sir “Now let’s see how this machine works. Pressing several buttons I finally found the way to open this thing. I wear my smile again and give him his change.

 

“Omo Jonghyun-ssi?”

“Hey.” Just an enthusiasm-free hey? He must be tired.

“How have you been? “

“Fine.”

“Ook. Will I see you and your bike tomorrow morning? “

“ Uum I don’ t think so I have a lot to do”

“Oh what about a night walk will you be busy? “

“…. I don’t know, I am sorry ask for someone else to keep you company, Sia or… Jason.”

“ I know Sia, she prefers staying on the bed for a few more minutes rather than going for some exercising and Jason is the same.”

“But he is your boyfriend I think he will sacrifice his sleep for you. “

“Uum....What? Who?”

“Anyway I have to go now. See ya! “

“Wait, Why did you say that Jason is my boyfriend, he is just a good friend and nothing more.“

“He says otherwise. “

“Really ? that bastard, anyway he is not”  Why did he do that? To make me mad? If that was his aim he succeeded it. I don’ t know if I have any chance with Jonghyun but at least I should try and Jason knows how much I like him, so why is he trying to ruin it?

 

Jonghyun has left and I still feel embarrassed but while rethinking it he was talking coldly to me and it was like he was checking if I have a boyfriend. Is there any possibility that he actually likes me, or my thoughts are too much? Maybe the second option . Obviously he is not in a good mood due to his excessive working hours. Why he mentioned Jason, not sure.

 

 

The restaurant closed, we changed into our clothes and we were waiting for Jason to bring our car. This time there is no way he is driving.

 

“Girls your driver is here, hope you didn’t wait too long. “

I opened the driver’s door and dragged him out. He was surprised by my action and had this “why are you doing this to me“ face.

“Oppa you must be tired, I’ll drive this time. “

“Aniyaa gwenchana! “ He kept trying to change sits with me and when he finally got in the backseat he continued pulling my hand, asking why he couldn’t drive since we had a hard day too.

“Jason we just want to have a safe and relax drive and you seem to be the wrong person for that. “ Sia nodded showing her agreement to what I’ve said.

“You are both heartless. “

“Can I ask you something brother? How on earth did you get your license? “

“The examiner must have really liked me. “

He may not be the best driver but at least has a great sense of humor.

 

 

I switch on the lights of our apartment and I feel so relieved getting back home. I threw my bag on the floor and got ready for a quick shower before sleeping like a log in my soft, puffy bed – tempting right? - . Sia asked me if I wanted her to make something quick to eat but my desire to cover myself under the sheets won my hunger.

Jonghyun’s behavior confused me a lot today. My eyes are puffy and cannot be kept open so I am not going to think of this anymore. I’ll enjoy my sleep while praying for him to call me, I really want to spend some more time with me if possible. For now sweet dreams everybody.

 

 

Jason’s POV:

My apartment is a mess, ugh clothes on the floor, empty ramen caps and soft drink cans. Well it smells weird here and the view is embarrassing. I filled a whole trash bag and there are still more to be thrown away.

 

 

“Aah my mp3 player, I was looking for you for the past couple of days. “  I also found my favourite pair of socks hidden under the sofa, I thought that socks' goblin stole them again.

Ms Krystal (she is my Hoover) made her special appearance to clean the floor.

Oh no she something up. Yaa my underwear is stuck in there.

 

At this time of crisis Sia had entered my house, was standing in a corner laughing at me who is struggling to save my undies.

“Except from mocking me can you please give me a hand please?.... What are you doing here standing like a bump on a log, help me? "

 

 

“Ok now that I’ve helped you, we have some things to discuss.” Ooh serious discussion, never good.

“What did I do this time? “ Not knowing what I did, makes me even more “excited” about this.

“Why are you going around saying that you have a girlfriend? “

“Oh come on I just made a joke don’t take it seriously. “ How did she know that?

“You are free to joke around but don’t mention other people and get them into trouble.”

“What do you mean? I didn’t evolve anyone in this.”

“Look I know you like Aria but since she met someone that she really likes I think you should finally express your feelings to her and may she being your girl become true. “

“I don’t know what you mean.” I continued mopping in order to make her leave cause this situation suffocates me.

 

 

She left my apartment and I just threw the mop away, jump and snuggle with my fluffy bear on the sofa. I may did that on purpose out of my jealousy in front of Jonghyun but I didn’t think that would hurt her. He is a k-pop star there are a few chances for her but I sincerely love her and together we can be happy. What I have to do now is to collect all my courage and tell her whatever it takes. Her starting ignoring me and feeling awkward is what keeps me back but I am not gonna chicken out because of that. We are good friends for so many years and I think that will never change whatever the circumstances.

 

 

 

I fell asleep there and now my back hurts as hell. The big clock in the kitchen shows 5 am –Why did I wake up so early? -. I scratched my head and realized that I need a shower immediately. I trudged to the bathroom and when the cold water hit me I came up with a brilliant idea. Aria decided to wake up early for a ride as a part of her new beginning here. If I “accidentally “ meet her downstairs and go with her, we will spent enough time together for her to realize, what a lovely couple we can be.

 I still have Seongook’s bike, I’ll wear my best sweatpants and I’ll be ready.

“Jason-ssi, don’t mess up JEBAL.” I murmured to myself while looking myself in my bathroom’s mirror.

 

 

 

 

Aria’s POV:

 

My alarm clock hurt my ears again. I don’t want to wake up today. If I could stay laying here in my bed all day long, I would do it 10000%. Based on how he talked to me last night, the chances for him liking me are 0,005%. So according to the statistics laying on the bed wins for sure.

On the other hand exercising is also something I do basically for myself, to watch my figure with or without him.

 

Since I didn’t wake up with the best mood, is better not to meet him for now, music will keep me company and make exercising less boring. I took a big breath, wore my earplugs and descended the stairs to take my bike from the parking lot.

 

 

I prepared for a lonely ride but my plans changed. Jason was already here ready to do the same as me.

“Oh noona! Good morning.”

“Morning. “ I am so tired that I couldn’t reply him properly.

“Wow Aria I see you are full of excitement this early in the morning.” I smirked and got ready to start.

Hmm which route to choose today? Let’s go left for a change, hoping Jason chooses the right one.

But nooo he followed me as expected.

“Aria, wait for me.” He shouted.

 

 

 

“Look on your right, there is CNblue’s dorm, do you want to go and visit them? I think I know their door’s password.” Jason pointed.

“Babo aniyaa! But really what do you think is their password.“

“I would try all of their birthday dates. “

“Hmm... that could work.“

Jason showed me several idols’ dorms and for some of them he had a funny story to share with me. I start being jealous of his job he may have a crazy and unstable work schedule but he still gets to meet so many interesting people. In the end Jason coming with me was not annoying at all instead he made me forget my thoughts and cheer up.

 

 

After 40 minutes I got tired and suggested to return home but Jason had a far better idea.

“What about having some breakfast first? “

“Sounds yummy.”

“Then let’s go.” He leaded the way.

Seoul is so beautiful; the shop was near to the Han river so I had the chance to admire this paradise once more.

 

 

It is almost 6 am and this city is already busy, people jogging others rushing to their job, roads full of vehicles, gasses and nuisance but all these seem to be so far away from me nothing could distract me from this view. I am still new here and everything excites me, in a few weeks I will start complaining and sympathizing with the citizens.

The café resembles a lot the ones you see in the Korean dramas, not many people were there sitting on a table most of them just grabbed a coffee in a hurry.

A cute girl came to take our order: ice Americano and a toast for Jason and a green ginseng tea for me.

“Only a cup of tea? Your diet is pretty hard, don’t you think?”

“It’s fine. I am going to eat a bowl of cereal at home “or a couple of pancakes that Sia may have prepared.

I got my chair closer to him and whispered in his ear “Try to look on your right carefully, I think this girl is checking on you.” No joke the girl who came for our order seems to be interested in him, as I said before he has some charms and this may be his lucky day.

“Ugh no way.“

“Come on go and talk to her she is pretty, you have nothing to lose…  don’t be so shy.”

“I am not shy I just don’t want to, the end.”

“Ok, relax cowboy. Can you at least go bring our order.” 

He got up with a heavy heart .Why is he like that I just wanted to encourage him to date a girl. He lives here for so long and as far as I know he hasn’t date anyone even though I am sure that he has some fans here. I take a close look at him finally talking to her, he couldn’t act differently as she approached him first.

Omo she is giving him her phone number, good job Jason!

 

 

Jonghyun’s POV:

As usual I couldn’t close my eyes to sleep before 2am and so was Jungshin. Taking advantage of our insomnia I convinced myself to trust him and tell him all about Sia and Aria, how we met at first and secondly my confused and mixed feelings. He laughed and mocked me. I was serious though and when I glared at him, he took the message.

He wasn’t much of help, he told me that is too early to understand my feelings, since I am obviously attracted to her I should spend some time with her and see how it goes, in the end we can be good friends.

Well I am not really convinced that friendship between different es can exist. Anyway the conversation ended without clear results but I had to sleep as much as I could because tomorrow it’s a hard day, we had this company meeting about our concerts and the promotions.

 

 

 

I had a troubled night, rolling around my bed and I finally woke up in the middle. I was wandering around the house like a zombie, switched the TV on but at this hour there are only telemarketing programs BOOORING!

“AAAA, I almost got a heart attack, what are you doing here in the dark? “ Jungshin was in the bathroom, sitting on the toilet with the lights off, he caught me off guard. I pinched him to wake him up; he casually got up and left the room.

Ugh why am I still living here with them?

 

There is no way I can go back to sleep. It’s already 5 o’clock and the only thing I can do right now to lift my mood is going to the gym.

Sorry boong boong Tuesday is boxing day.

 

I love martial arts is something I do since I was a kid. It is an effective way for me to release anger, anxiety everything that bothers my mind. The world looks better after a few punches.

I start with some stretching exercises and jumping rope to warm my muscles. Now it’s time to kick some asses. Frequently me and my trainer have some fights but today he passed me some new guys. They were pretty good I can say but still I am the master in this room even though today I am not fully concentrated and did some mistakes. Anyway it’s always fun to meet new people and share some tips with them.

“Good job everyone, see you next time. Hwaating! “I spent 1 and a half hour in the gym and my bright mood is finally back. I was so relieved and relaxed that I decided to treat my hyungs coffee and doughnuts.

 

 

Such a long queue again, this is the rush hour. But I was not waiting alone, right after me AOA’s Choa entered. She looked gorgeous as always and a bit worn out because our girl group is busy promoting their new song “Short hair”.

 I happily accepted her offer to share a table instead of waiting so long.

We sat near the window that has a view to the Han river.

The weather is good, the view is splendid it’s all I could ask for right now.

 

“Choa how can you look so fresh even that early in the morning? ” I paid her a compliment to break the ice. We might be in the same company but we don’t often have the opportunity to hang out together.

“Ooh oppa kamsa hampnida, you look good too.”

“Me?” I blushed; it’s always fluttering to receive compliments from a pretty woman.

“Aw oppa I heard you are collaborating with Melody day, hope it is daebak. When will you do this for us too? You can write us a ballad that fits your soft and magical voice.”

“I’ll seriously consider it, my lady. “ I had written a song a few years ago that would fit their sound but I decided that Lil Kim’s voice would be better for it.

 

 

Out of nowhere someone took an extra chair and sat next to me. Who emerged that unexpectedly, it was no one else but our fellow co- worker Jason.

“Choa-ssi, Jonghyun-ssi how come you are here this early? Go home and rest especially Choa you have a heavy schedule you need energy.”

“Aawe Jason-ssi you are so thoughtful what we would do without you.” She made him blush and remain silent for a moment. She left though, since her order was ready.

But after Choa’s leaving he was still waving to someone. I turned my face to see who he is thinking that may someone else from FNC be here.

“Aria was with you? “ I asked him surprised and he nodded. I thought he was alone here, ugh now she is going to think that I lied to her about me being busy.

 

 

 

 I quickly got up and rushed to reach her.

She hadn’t gone too far. I am walking next to her holding her shoulders to catch her attention. Indeed she turned around angrily and she was ready to pick up a fight but her expression changed by the time she realized it was me.

She is still surprised but in a good way now.

“Hey don’t do that ever again I got scared.” She told me while I was helping her lift her bike from the ground.

“I am sorry I didn’t mean to... and I am also sorry for not coming with you this morning.”

“Oh no worries, you were right Jason wanted to come with me so I was not alone.” Uh she is mad at me for yesterday. I like it!

“Cool then, hmm… can we meet in the afternoon as you suggested last night.”

“I don’t think so; I’ll be at work till late at night, maybe some other time.”

“Ok, what about the weekend, you are free right? “

“Yeah, luckily we don’t need to work on weekends.”

“So it’s official, we have a date on Saturday night, I‘ll call you for more details.”

“Ok… Wait, what?”

“What, don’t you want to date me?” Muahaha I caught her unguarded. I didn’t waited for her to answer me I just left in an even happier mood strolling back at the cafe.

 

 

A/N: I am back after a long break due to my university exams. Hope you guys like this update too. Stay tuned, see you next time ^^

partners-in-crime