XIII

Fairytale Love: The Little Mermaid
CHAPTER XIII
 
Eunji is now in front of the mirror looking at her reflection. She was wearing a light blue dress with white collars knitted a beautifully, borrowed from Chorong. The pleated skirts was reaching a few inches above her knees. Her hair was down beautifully in beautiful waves.  Chorong had her helped her put a light make up on and she was ready to go. 
 
It was half past eight and Eunji will be meeting Inguk before nine at the entrance of the night market. The guy even insisted that he would fetch Eunji at the cafe but she decline and said that it was fine with her. 
 
With one last glance, Eunji walked back to the drawers and picked the dagger and held it near her heart before breathing in deeply. She looked out the window and she could feel the strong breeze coming to her. The way the strong waves hit the shore made her feel something. 
 
Eunji had been feeling signs all day. Signs that tell her that it's the right time.
 
This could be it.
 
Inguk could be the man.
 
Eunji just knew that the guy had his eyes on her. And he could have the heart that will make Eunji a full human. 
 
Eunji, of course, felt bad for him. She thought that it would take her a while before she could take his heart, but he was the one who asked for this date. Added, she found that dagger that originally belongs to Baekhyun. It was a beautiful dagger, she'd thought, but it's beauty was made to kill. 
 
She then started tying the dagger on her leg with a rope that she sew on the dagger's cover and effectively hiding it under her skirt. 
 
She made out her plan. When it's late, she would ask Inguk to walk with her by the sea, sing him to sleep, and get his heart.
 
It sound simple, but Eunji knew that it was easier said than done. 
 
 
When she went down to the cafe, every one was in awe seeing how simply beautiful she is. Even some of the customers spend a minute or two just to stare at her.
 
"Whoa Ji, you look like a princess" Chanyeol told her. 'Well I was' she thought as she returned a smile 
 
"Told you guys, she's so cute" Chorong squealed and pat Eunji's head. She really enjoyed dressing Eunji up. "We should buy you more clothes like this"
 
"Chorong, Eunji's not your doll" Junmyeon reminded to which Chorong just pouted and hugged Eunji
 
"But she's my lil' sis" Chorong said like a kid that made them laugh.
 
They were enjoying the moment when Eunji noticed Baekhyun peeking from the kitchen "Baekhyun-ah!" she called but Baekhyun rolled his eyes at her and entered the kitchen. Really, Baekhyun was being a to her all day.
 
"That sass, don't mind him" Sehun said
 
"Are you sure you'll go there alone, noona?" Jongin asked
 
"Yeah, I'm okay. Don't worry, I'll be back at midnight"
 
"Tss, you're no Cinderella. Just stay out all night  with that guy if you want" Baekhyun grumbled, exiting from the kitchen to put a plate of steak on the counter. He rang the bell and Chanyeol took it to serve it to the customer. 
 
"Just in case, here's a spare key for the back door" Chorong handed her a key and she kept it in her pouch bag. 
 
"Thanks unni"
 
 

 

 
 
Eunji was happily walking to the night market. The road was clearly lighted by lampposts and the night air was fresh. The night sky was shining with stars and it made Eunji smile. As she reached her destination, her heartbeat became faster.
 
She held onto the strap of her bag and stared at the market's entrance at the other side of the road. An arch was decorated by lanterns. From her view, she can already see the diferent things inside. Stalls and stalls of food, toys and souvenirs were lined up, all busy with the people enjoying and buying. 
 
Eunji crossed the road and searched for Inguk. They were supposed to meet here. "Maybe I'm just a bit early" she said to herself and just waited but the music coming from the market is attracting her and so she decided to go inside for a while and just come a back a bit after to see if Inguk is already there.
 
She started to look at the stall of street foods. All of them looks delicious. Food on sticks was something she never experienced under the sea. She continue walking and saw a stall selling accessories made from shells. It looks like the one wear by the mermaids, she also wear a crown of shells back then, but they were made from bigger and shinier shells as she was a princess.
 
Eunji was enjoying herself that she get to the center of the market without noticing, completely forgetting about Inguk that might be waiting for her at the entrance. At the center was a mini stage, music was blasting and a band was playing. There were also tables were people eat and drink, around were more food stalls. 
 
Eunji was looking around when she saw a familiar face that made her stood frozen
 
Inguk.
 
He was already there.
 
Amongst the crowd of people with another girl.
 
Eunji held the strap of her bag tightly as she watched the girl kiss Inguk on his lips.
 
She felt a pain struck her heart. She was deceived. She thought Inguk might be the one. But he wasn't. 
 
Before she turn around for her leave, she saw Inguk looking at her with the same shock expression she had.
 
 
 

 
 
Junmyeon stretched and let out a yawn as he walked down the stairs to make himself a coffee when he saw Baekhyun at one of the cafe tables with an empty cup and a pot of coffee in front of him. He walked towards him and wake him up.
 
"Hey, Baekhyun. Why are you sleeping here?" Junmyeon said
 
The younger stirred in his sleep until Junmyeon called his name again and made him jump "Eunji!... oh... hyung"
 
Junmyeon wrinkled his brows at him "Were you waiting for Eunji to get home?" He asked curiously
 
"Ah...No. Why would I wait for that girl? I just can't sleep--ow" he stop when Junmyeon hit his head
 
"Really now? Trying to lie? If you can't sleep why did you drink a whole pot of coffee then?" 
 
"Good morning boys, oh, Baek how many cups did you drink?" Chorong said as she catch the boys
 
"Noona, is Eunji in her room?" Baekhyun asked
 
"Eunji? I don't know, I didn't notice her coming back. Did you wait for her?" 
 
"I'll check on her" Junmyeon said and ran back upstairs and a few moments later he came back "She's not there"
 
Worry immediately was evident on Baekhyun's face, "I knew it, I should have followed her" he mumbled and stand up, almost running to the stairs "I'll look for her"
 
He came back already wearing his pants and a shirt, taking his cardigan with him. "Noona, message me once she come back and hyung" Junmyeon look at him "Kindly punch that guy's face for me if she's with him" 
 
As Baekhyun aggressively walked out of the door, Chanyeol walked in in confusion "Whoa what's with him?"
 
"Eunji didn't went home"
 
 

 

 
 
Baekhyun ran and ran until he gets to the market. All the stalls were closed, as it was 6 in the morning. The center stage was empty. He ran out in frustration and checked his phone once in a while to see if Chorong had sent him a message.
 
He ran more around the beach, he didn't know where to start looking for Eunji. 
 
He stopped for a while and hit his head, he's ing stupid. 
 
He didn't trust that Inguk in the first place. He really should have followed Eunji yesterday. He should have watch her. Now he's worried as hell. He didn't even have a contact with the guy and Eunji didn't even have a phone. 
 
Baekhyun started running again, he didn't care if he would reach the end coast as long he could find her. 
 
Just then he saw Eunji's bag on the sand. He immediately picked it up only to saw drops of what like blood on it.
 
"Eunji!" he started screaming and ran some more. She could be near.
 
"Eunji! Where are you?!"
 
He saw  an old lone big house standing on the almost end of the peninsula from a far, and he felt like there was something pulling him to check the house. He ran to it and in front of it, he saw a wave of familiar brown locks, the body was hidden from his view by the fence "Eunji?" 
 
His steps became slower as he walked nearer and there he saw Eunji. 
 
Her dress soaked in blood and was crying.
 
"Eunji?"
 
Baekhyun took another step and his foot hit something. He was terrified to see a dagger. His dagger. He could clearly remember it, those carved words. It was a gift from his grandfather.
 
But why is it with Eunji and why is she full of blood?
 
"Eunji?"
 
"Ahhh!" Eunji screamed as she sensed that Baekhyun was there. She screamed frantically, like mad woman "No! No please! Don't hurt me!!" she cried and brought her hands to cover her ears "Please"
 
"Eunji, it's me Baekhyun" Baekhyun carefully walked to her
 
"I didn't do it! It's not me!! Please don't hurt me... I didn't do it" she continued screaming the same words again and again
 
"I won't hurt you.... shh" he tried to calm her down reaching for her but she swat his hand away
 
"No! Don't hurt me...." she lowered her head and cried more "save me" it was almost a whisper. This were her last words before fainting.
 
 

 
 
"Hey guys, check this out!" Sehun ran to counter, holding the morning newspaper in his hand. Chorong, Junmyeon and Jongin all went to him. Kyungsoo was busy in the kitchen and Chanyeol was taking orders from the customers. It was past nine in the morning and Baekhyun hadn't come back yet.
 
"What is it?"
 
He lay the newspaper on the counter, showing the headline of a particular news. It was about one business man who according to news was stabbed yesterday night. Beside the written report was a photo of Inguk. 
 
"Oh my God" Chorong exclaimed
 
"Wait if he was stabbed, what happened to Eunji?"
 
"I don't know. It said here that he was with his girlfriend, then they fight, so the girlfriend didn't know who did it. Then someone just saw him at the beach, stabbed! Right near the heart! Man I think whoever did it wants him dead" Sehun told them
 
"Wait, did you say he have a girlfriend?" Chanyeol asked, now with them and heard him
 
"Yeah, are they pertaining to Eunji?"
 
"That's another thing, his girlfriend, apparently is some business woman and definitely is not Eunji noona. Also, in the interview, his girlfriend said that they were having a date before they fight this happened.
 
"That jerk? He has a girlfriend and invited Eunji out? Worse is he invited her on the same time with their date" Chorong cannot believe 
 
"Is he alive?" Junmyeon asked
 
"Well, he is" 
 
"Tss, I know it's not right to think this way, but I think he deserved that stab" Jongin said and shook his head
 
"I'm worried about Eunji, where could she be?"