XI

Fairytale Love: The Little Mermaid
CHAPTER XI
 
 
 
"Ex-boyfriend?" Eunji repeated and didn't miss the look Namjoo gave to the two hiding boys so she followed her gaze "You mean...that guy?" she continued as she saw Jongin peeked. 
 
"Yes, it's him" Namjoo said as she look again, this time with Kyungsoo peeking. And when Kyungsoo saw her, he immediately hid again.
 
"Oh" Eunji's mouth formed an 'o' shape as she nodded slowly and examined Namjoo. She looks cute and innocent. She kept biting her lower lip, must be because she's nervous. She looks like a good kid and so she wondered what happened that made her to leave Jongin. Maybe she didn't love him anymore, because she called him as her 'ex-boyfriend' when Jongin said that they didn't even have a proper break-up. It means that for her, they already ended their relationship. But if she didn't love him anymoe, then why was she in there? "Do you wanna talk to him? Should I call him for you"
 
"Woah wait up. Now? B-but...I mean... no please, dont" Namjoo panicked 
 
"Okay okay, calm down. But, isn't that the reason why you always came here? So that you can talk with him?"
 
"Yeah but... I don't think he'll talk to me" 
 
"Yeah you're right" Eunji said "You know, he's trying to move on from you" Eunji said as she remembered Jongin's words.
 
Hearing those, Namjoo lowered her head. "I thought he still loves me, but he's trying to forget me now"
 
"He still loves you, but you see it's hard for him" Eunji said
 
"It's hard for me too" Namjoo said
 
"Well I didn't really know the whole story, and I know that I don't  have the right whatsoever, but I hope when the both of you are ready, you can finally talk about everything and resolve your issue" Eunji said sincerely and reached into Namjoo's hand "He's my friend and it's sad seeing him like that, you know, he's so confused as to why you left him"
 
"Wait, what?" Namjoo asked, surprised by Eunji's words "Me?" she pointed at herself "Left him?"
 
"Yes, that's what Jongin have told me" Eunji said, confused by her reaction
 
"Who's Jongin?" Namjoo asked "Wait, unni are we talking about the same guy here?"
 
"Your ex-boyfriend is not Jongin?" Eunji asked, already feeling the heat on her cheeks due to embarrassment
 
"No. It's Do Kyungsoo"
 
"Kyungsoo? That guy had a girlfriend? For real?" Eunji can't believe that Do Kyungsoo, the creepy and quiet boy had a girlfirend before.
 
 
 

 
 
 
"Kyungsoo" Eunji called when she entered the kitchen
 
"Hey did the girl said anything?" Jongin asked, as if more interested while Kyungsoo just continued with what the crabs that he's cooking.
 
"Kyungsoo, she wanted to talk to  you" eunji said then faced Jongin " And why are you the one asking? You're not Namjoo's ex-boyfriend"
 
Jongin just chuckled like a child " I just got excited" 
 
With a serious face and voice, Kyungsoo headed to the door and said " take care of here first" 
 
The two, wanting to watch what will happen followed to the counter and watched Kyungsoo that was heading to Namjoo. Namjoo didn't know that Kyungsoo was near because she's facing the other way. 
 
Then an orange haired guy suddenly barged in the restaurant. Eunji noticed that kind of resembled Baekhyun. The guy was looking around as if trying to find someone and stopped when she spotted Namjoo. 
 
Namjoo was just a few steps away from Kyungsoo when the orange haired guy walked past him and approached her.
 
"Namjoo-ah, I've been looking for you"
 
"Oh, Taehyung-ah" surprise was evident in her voice and hurriedly look at her watch "I'm sorry, I didn't notice the time" 
 
It didn't escape Kyungsoo's eyes , he was so sure that she was wearing the watch that he gave her before. It was a watch with  the head of an owl as a design.
 
"I told you be back after a bit, come on, I'll pay for that" the guy  said and look for a waiter around and saw Kyungsoo "Hey"  Taehyung called but Kyungsoo didn't move and was still looking at Namjoo's back.
 
Taehyung called Kyungsoo again but he still didn't move, confusing the guy and Namjoo making her look at the guy Taehyung was calling and froze on her spot as she saw that it was Kyungsoo. At the same time, Junmyeon rushed to Taehyung to fix the bill.
 
And until Junmyeon and Taehyung were done, the two past lovers just froze on their spot. Taehyung then pulled Namjoo out by holding on to her shoulder and walked past Kyungsoo.
 
Kyungsoo's gaze followed the two, and before the door closed, he saw that Namjoo looked back, with unknown sadness in her eyes.
 
It took 5 seconds for Kyungsoo to be back in his mind and another 3 seconds for all of them to notice that something was burning.
 
"The crabs!"
 
 

 
 
 
The next day, Kyungso became more quiet than before. Eunji somehow felt a little guilty, she felt like that it was her fault, although Kyungsoo already said that it was not. 
 
"Do you really think that the guy is Namjoo's boyfriend?" Jongin asked Eunji who was at the counter. It was already afternoon and there weren't a lot of customers
 
"I don't know, but it seems like it"
 
"I think he is, did you see the way he held her shoulder?" Sehun suddenly pop up from nowhere
 
"But Kyungsoo hyung said that she's still wearing the watch he gave her" Jongin said
 
"Yes, and why would she want to talk to Kyungsoo?" Eunji said and glanced at the wall clock. Usually Inguk would be there before lunch but it was already afternoon. 
 
"Looking for someone?" Baekhyun came and asked her
 
"Ha? I'm not"
 
"Looking for your customer Inguk?" Baekhyun even imitated Eunji's way of calling Inguk whenever she will serve Inguk's order
 
"What's with you?" Eunji asked him
 
"Nothing, just reminding you that your crush won't come because he doesn't like you--" the sound of the  chimes took their attention and they saw that a customer just came. It was Inguk.
 
"Well, he's here" Eunji said even raising an eyebrow to tease Baekhyun
 
"Tss" Baekhyun just get back to the kitchen, but secretly watched Eunji and Inguk
 
 
"Good afternoon sir. The usual?" Eunji asked and Inguk nodded
 
"I'm late today" Inguk said and smile
 
"You are?" Eunji said and glanced at the clock "Oh yeah" she didn't Inguk to notice that she waited for him
 
After talking for a while and getting his order, Inguk already said goodbye to Eunji. But before he gets to the door, he walked back to Eunji. Baekhyun was about to go to Eunji but seeing him back made him hid again . 
 
"You forgot something?"
 
"Uhm, I just want to ask if you're free tomorrow night?" Inguk asked and made Eunji wonder,  tomorrow is her off but she's clueless as to he was asking. Meanwhile, Baekhyun's eyes widened as he heard the question.
 
"Why?" she asked cluelessly
 
"Maybe we could have adinner together? Outside" He said. Baekhyun now thinks that the guy is planning something
 
"We can eat here" Eunji suggested into which Baekhyun agreed and nodded even though she can't see him.
 
"Uhm , I mean at another retaurant" this time Baekhyun shook his head
 
"Why? Our food here is the best" Eunji said that made Baekhyun smiled. 
 
"Yes, but uhm...Ah, have you seen the night market? There are a lot see over there. We can go there" 
 
"Wah really? I want to. But, would it look like a date?"
 
"It is a date" Inguk said and smiled "So you'll come?"
 
Eunji was about to answer but Baekhyun aready come out and answered for her "She won't"
 
"But it's my day off tomorrow" Eunji said
 
"Then she can go" Inguk said 
 
"She can. But she won't" Baekhyun answered him
 
"Why are you the one decideing ? Are you his boyfriend?" Inguk asked seriously
 
"N-no. But she's staying here with us" Baekhyun said
 
"But she's paying her stay by working for you. And you don't have the right to decide for her--"
 
"Hey hey hey stop" Eunji went between the two boys as she noticd that theargument is heating up and gaining attention from other customers. "Inguk, it's okay. I'll come" she said
 
"What?" Baekhyun reacted
 
"Let's talk inside okay?" she said to him and bowed to Inguk before pulling Baekhyun in the kitchen
 
 
"Eunji why you said that? Do you even know why he asked you out?" baekhyun asked her, frustreted
 
"Because he likes me"
 
"How are you so sure? And what if he's planning somthing?"
 
"But he is a nice guy"
 
"How could you say that, you barely know him. How can you trust him that easily?"
 
"I'm sure that his intentions are clean. Please Baekhyun... " 
 
Baekhyun just sighed deeply and run his fingers through his haari" Fine, but don't blame me if anything goes wrong
 
 
 

 

 
[A/N] 
 
Hi guys! I've been gone for too long eh? I'm really busy and still can't promise you regular updates. I just want to say thank you, for waiting patiently for an update and for supporting this story. 
 
Love lots